• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I’m concerned about Metal Gear Solid 3: Δelta

BootsLoader

Banned
Like for real, who is remaking it? Konami? A part of Konami?

They are not in gaming since Kojima left the company and MGS Survive was a disaster which need money to give you a save slot.
Are they going to make the same with MGS 3 this time? Tap on nostalgia power? Kojima is not involved in any way, even not advising the project.

I love this game so much, really one of the best games out there. It’s a classic.
Hope it won’t lose its magic and become a sh*t show.

ABnormal

Well, you can be pretty sure that without Kojima it will be soulless and probably not even refined from the point of view of gameplay (I hope they literally copy the control system of MGS5).
Also, it's very likely they will redo the ost too, but the score from Harry Gregson-Williams is unmatched, so they can only do worse. I hope at least they include the option to have the original ost like Capcom did with RE2 Remake.

Fbh

It's being made by an internal team at Konami working together with Virtuos.
Best case scenario it's only going to be underwhelming but not straight up bad.

Do you know on what other games did they work on?

They are a support and porting company.
They are primarily known for their ports and remasters which generally go from disappointing (Horizon PC) all the way down to terrible (Return to Arkham)

Last edited:

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
The issue is going to be lack of iconic voice acting, and that this studio has no success behind it.

I’m not hype at all. The collection though will be aces.

BootsLoader

Banned
It's being made by an internal team at Konami working together with Virtuos.
Best case scenario it's only going to be underwhelming but not straight up bad.

They are primarily known for their ports and remasters which generally go from disappointing (Horizon PC) all the way down to terrible (Return to Arkham)
Exclamation GIF by Harlem

bender

What time is it?
Konami is trash and they aren't willing to make proper investments for the IPs they are trying to revive. As far as Virtuous is concerned, it could be better and it could be worse (Blooper Team, Konami in-house that brought us Metal Gear Survive or Contra Rogue Corps). On the plus side, their involvement has been rumored since 2021 so maybe they are being given proper time/budget. Just keep your expectations low, really low. I don't even have faith in the collection(s) that are coming.

Last edited:

near

Gold Member
The Switch port of Nier Automata is highly regarded however.

Luigi Mario

It will be some kind of "collaborative" effort between Virtuos and a few in-house devs at Konami.

Last edited:

Drizzlehell

Banned
They've literally just shown a CG trailer and a couple of screenshots. It's a nothing burger.

If we had a 15 minute gameplay video to analyze like with Spider-Man 2 then there would be more to talk about but in this case there's nothing to talk about yet.

mcjmetroid

Like for real, who is remaking it? Konami? A part of Konami?

They are not in gaming since Kojima left the company and MGS Survive was a disaster which need money to give you a save slot.
Are they going to make the same with MGS 3 this time? Tap on nostalgia power? Kojima is not involved in any way, even not advising the project.

I love this game so much, really one of the best games out there. It’s a classic.
Hope it won’t lose its magic and become a sh*t show.
I agree. People are telling me to get over the fact they're not remaking one or two first but...

Does it not scream carelessness or a lack of respect for your series to do the third one first? Just because it's the easiest one to do?

This all rubs me the wrong way. Imagine if resident evil started their remakes with 3.

Is it me or does the Snake model look “modern”? I’m assuming this remake is taking place in the same time frame as the original MGS3 so maybe it’s me.

Last edited:

Pelao

How the hell does a studio with such a terrible porting track record as Virtuos keep getting projects, and on top of that a remake of a high profile game like MGS3?
Are they ridiculously cheap or something?
I hope at worst it's just a 1:1 conversion with a facelift, and no major technical issues.

Last edited:
How the hell does a studio with such a terrible porting track record as Virtuos keep getting projects, and on top of that a remake of a high profile game like MGS3?
Are they ridiculously cheap or something?
I hope at worst it's just a 1:1 conversion with a facelift, and no major technical issues.
Either the company who hires them just don’t care about the IP or they work for really cheap I’m assuming.

MiguelItUp

Everyone should be reserved about it IMO. Kojima isn't attached, they haven't been upfront about the dev studio, etc. There's this odd silence surrounding it, and I feel like it's oddly telling. But if it changes, and things ramp up later on, cool!

Top Bottom