• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I’m concerned about Metal Gear Solid 3: Δelta

Drizzlehell

Banned
Compare that with the lifeless trailer

You're comparing a full 5 minute preview with a 30 second teaser that was simply meant to be a surprise reveal that they're doing something with the IP. Chill out, lol. I'm certain that there will be plenty of opportunity to shit on Konami yet, but this is just nothing. You literally can't make anything out of it except that it exists and the game is apparently in production.

lachesis

I was wondering why they started remake from 3, when there’s original MG, and MGS1.

My best logical conclusion is that it’s the earliest one in MG timeline - and if this thing flies well, they’d proceed with ones in the timeline after?

Would have been nice to have a prequel in that timeline to show the bond between The Boss and Naked Snake.

Either way, I do have my doubts- but at least am mildly interested.

Spyxos

Gold Member
You're comparing a full 5 minute preview with a 30 second teaser that was simply meant to be a surprise reveal that they're doing something with the IP. Chill out, lol. I'm certain that there will be plenty of opportunity to shit on Konami yet, but this is just nothing. You literally can't make anything out of it except that it exists and the game is apparently in production.
All Mgs trailers have been great so far. No matter how short or long they were.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
We didn't see a single second of gameplay...

Alright then. Elden Ring DLC is shit. Terrible!

-Zelda-

Banned
So, Virtuos is making it.... wait....
Virtuous mission?

Illuminati GIF

Nocturno999

Like for real, who is remaking it? Konami? A part of Konami?

They are not in gaming since Kojima left the company and MGS Survive was a disaster which need money to give you a save slot.
Are they going to make the same with MGS 3 this time? Tap on nostalgia power? Kojima is not involved in any way, even not advising the project.

I love this game so much, really one of the best games out there. It’s a classic.
Hope it won’t lose its magic and become a sh*t show.
I'm concerned about this Konami comeback attempt.

Decent remasters of old games.
Weird massive Silent Hill/spin offs announcements after years of radio silence.
SH2's Remake doesn't look convincing so far.
Really bad MGS3 RE trailer. No signs of a true sequel.
Abandoned hype saga ironically abandoned.
Kojima keeps hyping/teasing PT in 2023.

BootsLoader

Banned
I'm concerned about this Konami comeback attempt.

Decent remasters of old games.
Weird massive Silent Hill/spin offs announcements after years of radio silence.
SH2's Remake doesn't look convincing so far.
Really bad MGS3 RE trailer. No signs of a true sequel.
Abandoned hype saga ironically abandoned.
Kojima keeps hyping/teasing PT in 2023.
Crazy stuff is going on.
I also don’t understand Konami. They did not want to pour money in AAA games and their dedicated engines. Now they release a very bad MGS 3 remake video. I hope they prove me wrong.

I'd like to also point out that Konami has a history of not caring very much about their franchises.

They had a studio that had never made a game before develop Silent Hill Homecoming.

I wouldn't be as concerned if they had shown a better reveal trailer. What they showed not only looks soulless, it gives the impression that it will be cheap. I can't point my finger at exactly what is cheap other than Snakes model but this didn't smack of a confident, high budget game from a team with a strong creative vision.

ARK1391

Worst case scenario, at least they're also releasing the Master Collection.
No lie, I was way more excited about the master collections announcement, than the confirmation of the remake.

Seeing "vol 1" on that image got me super hyped!

KOMANI

KOMANI
I'd like to also point out that Konami has a history of not caring very much about their franchises.

They had a studio that had never made a game before develop Silent Hill Homecoming.

I wouldn't be as concerned if they had shown a better reveal trailer. What they showed not only looks soulless, it gives the impression that it will be cheap. I can't point my finger at exactly what is cheap other than Snakes model but this didn't smack of a confident, high budget game from a team with a strong creative vision.
that's not necessarily correct, Double Helix is a studio that resulted from the merger of 2 studios, the Collective and Shiny Entertainment.

Shifty1897

Tbh if the remake turns out bad, it won't matter to me because the remaster is releasing this fall. I just wanted a way to play this on PS5.

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
That's secretly the triangle button from playstation.

Next remakes are X, O and [ ].

Tim And Eric Mind Blown GIF
it takes roughly four years to make a game.
4 button x 4!!!!???
perhaps this is a hint Sony acquire Konami in 16 years!!!?????

II_JumPeR_I

Well, you can be pretty sure that without Kojima it will be soulless and probably not even refined from the point of view of gameplay (I hope they literally copy the control system of MGS5).
Also, it's very likely they will redo the ost too, but the score from Harry Gregson-Williams is unmatched, so they can only do worse. I hope at least they include the option to have the original ost like Capcom did with RE2 Remake.
I will be very pissed if the Gregson Music is not there

BootsLoader

Banned
Worst part is that it looks like a 1/1 remake with better graphics, I expected an update to gameplay but now I'm not so sure.
This part is also concerning, how will they change controls? Are they planning to use MGS 5 controls in MGS 3? If so, they need to change the landscape of the game entirely. If you are changing the game without its original creator behind, then....

supernova8

Banned
Can't put my finger on why but the half-dozens screenshots released for it so far just kinda look like one of those

OMG LOOK AT THIS CLASSIC GAME REMADE IN UNREAL ENGINE 5 BREATHTAKING

Nonsense Youtube videos where someone puts some assets into UE5 and has a shit character model walking around.

Plus, it's hard not to be disappointed when you consider this is (roughly) what we're getting for the Silent Hill 2 remake.

Last edited:

BootsLoader

Banned
Can't put my finger on why but the half-dozens screenshots released for it so far just kinda look like one of those

OMG LOOK AT THIS CLASSIC GAME REMADE IN UNREAL ENGINE 5 BREATHTAKING
Could not agree more with that, they really look dull with no atmosphere at all. Just better graphics and call it a day and I can’t stop thinking about micro transactions, damn. They will totally destroy the game if it has micro transactions. Imagine MGS Game titled as “free to start”! 😂

supernova8

Banned
Could not agree more with that, they really look dull with no atmosphere at all. Just better graphics and call it a day and I can’t stop thinking about micro transactions, damn. They will totally destroy the game if it has micro transactions. Imagine MGS Game titled as “free to start”! 😂
Hopefully Konami knows that if they put MTX in it the games media will (again, hopefully) shit all over it. But yeah I can't get over the god-awful "phoned it in" visuals. I'm not "concerned" per se, I kinda expected it would either be some amazing spectacle or a half-arsed effort... looks like the latter.

BootsLoader

Banned
Hopefully Konami knows that if they put MTX in it the games media will (again, hopefully) shit all over it. But yeah I can't get over the god-awful "phoned it in" visuals. I'm not "concerned" per se, I kinda expected it would either be some amazing spectacle or a half-arsed effort... looks like the latter.
I’m concerned because this game is a game I respect a lot. I always dreamed of a remake but by someone who is capable to do it. If it was Bluepoint, things would be different.

SHA

Look what happened to all REmakes, they aren't really bad, it's the opposite actually, they proved what most modern games actually missing.

Delta makes sense, also Delta Force and whatnot, definitely better than 2 alpha 3st turbo strike, but still Delta is the fourth letter of the greek alphabet so it kinda annoys me that it's not Γ or γ (Gamma/gamma) which is the third letter.

If Delta would have been the letter for the collection, especially if it would include 1-4, it would fit perfect like the Omega (meaning great) collection of Wipeout.
But maybe all games get a Delta treatment? Then it definitey is much better than adding Definitve Edition, ReMarstered, or some shit on the old name or just call it again the same, which usually ends up requiring adding (2023).

SJRB

Gold Member
They also made Assassin's Creed: The Ezio Collection and PC port of Horizon Zero Dawn.
I'm pretty sure it's not all games they fucked in last few years.

You might want to look up the state of these games when they released because they were fucked when they came out.

This studio's track record is highly questionable at best.

L*][*N*K

Banned
I still don't know what type of remake is it? Is it like Resident Evil 2 or Diablo 2 Resurrected? I definitely prefer the latter since MGS3 is a very complex game and it was made by a team of devs that was in the top of the game development scene back in the day and rebuilding a game from scratch and staying true to that vision is very difficult.

Blendernaut

Neo Member
Me too. I mean. i was not aware of the rumours anyway, so when they annouced it during the playstation showcase it cought me by surprised and I got veeeery hyped. But when I watched the trailer again a couple of times I started seeing those ugly details in it. Like, I dont know, the face, his expression, and everything in general looks a bit cheap somehow.

I am afraid too. Not that the original game will ever go missing, but I woudl trully love this remake to be as good or better than the original

kurisu_1974

is on perm warning for being a low level troll
Pay for save slot etc.

It was an extra character slot. Game was perfectly playable as-is with multiple save slots. Fanboys were angry about Kojima leaving and Konami making a MG game without him, and a lot of bullshit was the result.

It wasn't even that bad, the exploration was on point, Mist (the movie) like giant creatures, a weird as shit AI and you could play Contra music over the speaker system in your base.

So yeah, no.

Last edited:

BootsLoader

Banned
It was an extra character slot. Game was perfectly playable as-is with multiple save slots. Fanboys were angry about Kojima leaving and Konami making a MG game without him, and a lot of bullshit was the result.

It wasn't even that bad, the exploration was on point, Mist (the movie) like giant creatures, a weird as shit AI and you could play Contra music over the speaker system in your base.

So yeah, no.
Nah it was a mess, a big mess, the game was flooded with micro transactions. I don't know if you played it or you are a Konami fan. But the game was shit and that is why it flopped. It had nothing to do with Kojima Diva and him leaving Konami. Kojima is MGS, put it however you like but it is a fact.
That is why Konami left AAA gaming for coin machines and mobile apps with micro transactions. Their company lacks the staff to do a proper game.

Solidus_T

I share the same concerns, however knowing that it is a faithful remake is sort of reassuring. They will keep the gameplay, story, dialogue, etc all intact - or so they've promised

Top Bottom