• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I liked the PS5 at first. But now-because of these 2 things- I REALLY like it!

davidjaffe

The Fucking MAN.
didn’t you recently say Sony is doomed because of Bethesda and GamePass?

:LOL:

I absolutely DO think Sony is in a good position to lose it's 'top of the food chain' position when it comes to sales because of Gamepass (which now will include Bethesda).

That doesn't mean PS5 is shit or their first party games are not second to none. And I've made that point clear many times.

GAF going in on this thread right now like:

giphy.gif

Last edited:
People in here getting so damn worked up, how often does someone post videos and not give details? "IGN's top 10 of the year list" slaps a video in the OP and nothing else, effortless trash, everyone comments and someone eventually posts the list. No one cares because its some random on behalf of IGN, supposedly. But in this case everyone shitting on Jaffe because its his own video, it ain't no different.

Chill the fuck out.

People in here getting so damn worked up, how often does someone post videos and not give details? "IGN's top 10 of the year list" slaps a video in the OP and nothing else, effortless trash, everyone comments and someone eventually posts the list. No one cares because its some random on behalf of IGN, supposedly. But in this case everyone shitting on Jaffe because its his own video, it ain't no different.

Chill the fuck out.

Clearly not all there is to it, either, he's praising PS5 and some of the people upset are who you'd expect.

Reactions: MrS

davidjaffe

The Fucking MAN.
"Tonight on Gabbin In Games! I got called out on NeoGaf and went on the offensive instead of owning up. Now let's talk about how Stadia will destroy the PS5"
Oh, you hate watch! NICE!

Have the stones to enter the chat or call live sometime and let's have a grown up, big boy debate.

Or do you only like to toss rocks from the cheap seats behind a bullshit avatar and made up name?

James Sawyer Ford

Gold Member
I absolutely DO think Sony is in a good position to lose it's 'top of the food chain' position when it comes to sales because of Gamepass (which now will include Bethesda).

That doesn't mean PS5 is shit or their first party games are not second to none. And I've made that point clear many times.

Agree to disagree. PS5 is starting the first few years of this gen with a ton more high quality games. Their position right now is a lot stronger relative to Microsoft than at the start of last gen.

GamePass and Bethesda don’t really change the fact that Sony has top tier games people are willing to shell out full price for. That’s a much better position to be in, and Microsoft has a rather large uphill battle proving its recent acquisitions will deliver the quality required to compete

I hope it happens since better games are of course great for consumers but GamePass seems to favor quantity over quality when a lot of people just aren’t willing to use their valued time on middling experiences

this is why Sony will continue to dominate

Last edited:
Agree to disagree. PS5 is starting the first few years of this gen with a ton more high quality games. Their position right now is a lot stronger relative to Microsoft than at the start of last gen.

GamePass and Bethesda don’t really change the fact that Sony has top tier games people are willing to shell out full price for. That’s a much better position to be in, and Microsoft has a rather large uphill battle proving its recent acquisitions will deliver the quality required to compete

I hope it happens since better games are of course great for consumers but GamePass seems to favor quantity over quality when a lot of people just aren’t willing to use their valued time on middling experiences

Hey, what are you doing trying to have a discussion in here? Clearly this thread is strictly for mud slinging!

Birdo

Banned
Oh, you hate watch! NICE!

Have the stones to enter the chat or call live sometime and let's have a grown up, big boy debate.

Or do you only like to toss rocks from the cheap seats behind a bullshit avatar and made up name?

I'm just winding you up :messenger_grinning_squinting: I've been watching your streams since you first started. You are always more entertaining when you're pissed off.

My comment still stands though, you really shouldn't be posting your own clickbait videos here. If anyone else did it, the thread would be locked (Per rules).

I'm just winding you up :messenger_grinning_squinting: I've been watching your streams since you first started. You are always more entertaining when you're pissed off.

My comment still stands though, you really shouldn't be posting your own clickbait videos here. If anyone else did it, the thread would be locked (Per rules).

You guys have twisted the term clickbait into being meaningless, you realize this, right?

bender

What time is it?

Chill the fuck out.

Self promotion in the guise of interacting with the community is different from a random gaffer lazily posting a top 10 list from another source because the random gaffer gains no benefit from creating the thread and most likely wants to have a discussion. David wants clicks on his videos (to his benefit) and doesn't even bother to provide a thesis to his video or anything that would help jump start a conversation. It's rather transparent. But what do I know? I seem like the worst kind of person.

Still love you David and nothing you can say will ever change that.

Iced Arcade

"#2- SSD when it comes to putting you back into hard games after death is a game changer."

Is a big one for me. Games like gears 5 (I know Xbox but I'm talking both consoles in general) on insane were flat out non tolerable. Is a few titles like this on both that I will be revisiting hard difficulty levels.

Self promotion in the guise of interacting with the community is different from a random gaffer lazily posting a top 10 list from another source because the random gaffer gains no benefit from creating the thread and most likely wants to have a discussion. David wants clicks on his videos (to his benefit) and doesn't even bother to provide a thesis to his video or anything that would help jump start a conversation. It's rather transparent. But what do I know? I seem like the worst kind of person.

Still love you David and nothing you can say will ever change that.

What is with you guys? Obviously he wants people top watch his video. Putting it in a thread means he wants discussion about it as well. Instead we're stuck arguing about the merits of not fully outlining the content of a video you link to and what clickbait really is. Great stuff.

davidjaffe

The Fucking MAN.

Well I've never said it WILL happen. I am saying they are in a precarious position because it MAY happen and looks possible.

The crux of it is this line you wrote: '...GamePass seems to favor quantity over quality when a lot of people just aren’t willing to use their valued time on middling experiences'

My whole theory rests on the idea that the game industry makes most of its money not from the hard core types (i.e. folks like you and me who post and argue on game centric message boards) but from medium/light core gamers. Not casual, like soccer moms playing Candy Crush. But medium/light core like frat bros playing the latest COD, 8 year olds playing FALLGUYS and FORTNITE after school and on weekends with their friends, Madden, most Nintendo premium games (Mario, Smash Bros,etc.)

Your theory- quality of software will win out- would be valid if the majority of customers end up being like you (and many folks on GAF).

But I think you are the equivalent of Mac users: passionate, loyal, and vocal about what is CLEARLY a better personal computing experience.

But most people go with a PC and windows cause it's cheaper and it's good enough and it gets the job done.

Now that Microsoft is offering a gaming version of 'super convinient, super affordable, and most times good enough and some times amazing' -and especially since it's a version of gaming that is very different than the compeition- I think Xbox stands a chancel to topple Sony.

Again, will that happen? Who the fuck knows. Not me.

BUT I certainly think there's a healthy chance of it happening.

davidjaffe

The Fucking MAN.

I have NO PROBLEM if a mod locks this because it breaks the rules. I asked specifically the last time I posted and people said, 'Everyone does it, why shouldn't you.'

But fuck it: I respect the rules. It ain't my board. If it's against policy, then hell yeah, lock it down.

If it's not, once again: fuck off. Or better yet CALL IN TO THE DAMN SHOW!!!!

I like when people call in and debate. It makes the show more fun.

What are you afraid of?!? COME ON!

Birdo

Banned
CALL IN TO THE DAMN SHOW!!!!

I like when people call in and debate. It makes the show more fun.

What are you afraid of?!? COME ON!

Good lord. You're acting like a jock in a locker room trying to start a fight. Chill out.

All I did was accuse you of posting clickbait. It's not the end of the world.

bender

What time is it?
What is with you guys? Obviously he wants people top watch his video. Putting it in a thread means he wants discussion about it as well. Instead we're stuck arguing about the merits of not fully outlining the content of a video you link to and what clickbait really is. Great stuff.

Calling it like I see it and it feels gross. The framing is just poorly done and I'm protective of the communities I interact with. Then again, I've always appreciated David's unfiltered communication style so maybe this is a byproduct.

Last edited:
I've had the PS5 for 3 days now and I dig it.

I dug it 5 minutes after I plugged it in. It's very cool. No doubt it's a great system.

However, after the first 2 days, I expected- like all new tech- the 'wow, this is so new and cool!' feeling would start to fade. And it did. No problem. Always occurs.

But even with that, I found myself-even with a number of games I'm loving on PC right now (PRODEUS is amazing!!!)- unable to stop going back to the PS5.

So I was curious why.

Demon's Souls and Sackboy are great games, but I'd played lots of games like them before. Why were these particular games- for me at least- so damn sticky?!?

And then I realized: OHHHHH, it's THESE 2 things that are keeping me glued to my PS5!

So, you know, I made a video about it.

As one does :)...

EDIT:

Oh lord, some of y'all. HERE

#1- Trophy system on cards is a game changer.
#2- SSD when it comes to putting you back into hard games after death is a game changer.

Bye.

What are your thoughts on the adaptive triggers? Are you a fan? Do you think it'll just be a fad that'll die out?

davidjaffe

The Fucking MAN.
What are your thoughts on the adaptive triggers? Are you a fan? Do you think it'll just be a fad that'll die out?

There is no doubt they are cool and fun to play around with.

It's very satisfying to mash them when there is resistance.

So I think they'll get used, why not. They add to the fun.

But the idea that they further immerse you in the game or it's a game changer and all that? I've not gotten that sense AT ALL.

I think you'll get some very creative use out of them from some devs (i.e. I imagine Kojima will do something totally unexpected with them) and they may become standard for all shooters,etc. Hard to say (would suck to lose a match because my trigger on my 50 cal had resistance but when you were on the same gun it was super smooth and faster to fire).

But if nothing else, they feel GREAT and are fun to play with. And that's not nothing.

Calling it like I see it and it feels gross. The framing is just poorly done and I'm protective of the communities I interact with. Then again, I've always appreciated David's unfiltered communication style so maybe this is a byproduct.

I'm thinking this community is better when we don't scare away the more influential voices. We don't need to be an insular community any more than we are.

pixelation

I've had the PS5 for 3 days now and I dig it.

I dug it 5 minutes after I plugged it in. It's very cool. No doubt it's a great system.

However, after the first 2 days, I expected- like all new tech- the 'wow, this is so new and cool!' feeling would start to fade. And it did. No problem. Always occurs.

But even with that, I found myself-even with a number of games I'm loving on PC right now (PRODEUS is amazing!!!)- unable to stop going back to the PS5.

So I was curious why.

Demon's Souls and Sackboy are great games, but I'd played lots of games like them before. Why were these particular games- for me at least- so damn sticky?!?

And then I realized: OHHHHH, it's THESE 2 things that are keeping me glued to my PS5!

So, you know, I made a video about it.

As one does :)...

EDIT:

Oh lord, some of y'all. HERE

#1- Trophy system on cards is a game changer.
#2- SSD when it comes to putting you back into hard games after death is a game changer.

Bye.

Will you ever get around to playing God of War?, I really wanna know how you feel about it... come on!

MiguelItUp

I'm thinking this community is better when we don't scare away the more influential voices. We don't need to be an insular community any more than we are.

No kidding.

Some responses and comments are incredibly shitty. Even if you felt like his post was "click bait-y", there are better ways to address it than being so overly harsh. All the "get fuckeds" in here make some of y'all sound like some adolescent edgy teenagers venting pent up rage against your parents. Wouldn't hurt to try and be more respectful to folks, even if there's a disagreement. Hell, especially to one of the last industry veterans that even bother to post here anymore.

bender

What time is it?

Pointing out what is obvious isn't attempting to scare anyone away. Like I said multiple times, I've always liked David. I'm just going to call bullshit when I see it. If I came off overly harsh, that's a fair criticism. Apologies all around, even to davidjaffe davidjaffe . I'm sorry.

Keihart

Sorry mate but the cliff hanger on the OP just to make us watch the video doesn't land well, makes people feel scammed for even clicking on the thread.
It is what it is.

Sorry mate but the cliff hanger on the OP just to make us watch the video doesn't land well, makes people feel scammed for even clicking on the thread.
It is what it is.

I know right, my entitlement knows no bounds, it includes individual NeoGAF threads having to contain specific information. SCAM! FRAUD! WITCH HUNT!

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
davidjaffe davidjaffe has my permission to post his original content, within reason, especially if he's participating in discussion surrounding it as a member of the community, as he is here. Independent content creators can be far more interesting and relevant than legacy media, so they should be represented on GAF, and that requires some level of self-promotion.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Top Bottom