• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

If Dr. Disrespect comes back, would you support him?

If Dr. Disrespect comes back, would you support him

• Yes, I am a fan of the Doc and would still support

• No, though I am a fan of the Doc, I cannot continue to support him

• Yes, not really a fan of the Doc, but I think he is being treated unfairly

• No, not really a fan of the Doc and I cannot support this.

• Maybe, but only if (comment below)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Disco Dave

Gold Member
I can fuck 15, 16, 17 year old girls legally. You mad?
Banned for what? Offending you virgins going for grannies?

And just saying my country has arguably the hottest girls in the world. Atleast they're known for that by Americans I think. So you can take a guess what shit hole I live in.
I’m glad that you were banned so quickly. Now you can spend more time standing outside the school gates with your trenchcoat and pockets full of sweets.

It's not like he's providing an important public service, he's just a guy in a halloween outfit who plays video games for a living. If he can't even do that without cheating on his wife and flirting with kids, then let one of the other gazillion people who are just as qualified for the job get his viewers instead.

And no I don't feel sorry for him at all, I doubt he's done anything illegal, but when your only worth is the persona you created, it makes sense that you lose everything when they find out the person behind the persona is a piece of shit and don't want to sponsor you anymore. I watched a few of his streams and he's just one of the few who got lucky and blew up, there is no unique natural talent here we should be mourning for. He fucked up his chance, it's someone else's turn now.

Last edited:
It's not like he's providing an important public service, he's just a guy in a halloween outfit who plays video games for a living. If he can't even do that without cheating on his wife and flirting with kids, then let one of the other gazillion people who are just as qualified for the job get his viewers instead.

And no I don't feel sorry for him at all, I doubt he's done anything illegal, but when your only worth is the persona you created, it makes sense that you lose everything when they find out the person behind the persona is a piece of shit and don't want to sponsor you anymore. I watched a few of his streams and he's just one of the few who got lucky and blew up, there is no unique natural talent here we should be mourning for. He fucked up his chance, it's someone else's turn now.
Nahnah. He was the GOAT. The best. The Michael Jackson of Streaming... unfortunately he was also the Michael Jackson of some other stuff as well and here we are.
Dancing GIF

thief183

At no point has there been any official clarification of the child's age. People trying to defend DrD have spread it that she was 17, but this is not confirmed by any reliable source.
Well, so if she was 17 I'll stand in my previous opinion, if she was under the age of consent he is a creep.

FunkMiller

Gold Member
Well, so if she was 17 I'll stand in my previous opinion, if she was under the age of consent he is a creep.

You don't believe that a married man in his mid-thirties with his own children sending sexually graphic messages to a 17 year old makes him a creep?

Because it very much does, and I can't quite understand why so many people in here don't get that.

Last edited:

thief183

You don't believe that a married man in his mid-thirties with his own children sending sexually graphic messages to a 17 year old makes him a creep?

Because it very much does, and I can't quite understand why so many people in here don't get that.
If it is not illegal it is ok for me, ethics are not my concerns.

I consider creep a lot of things (as I said before, selling weapons in a grocery stoere for example), but if they are not illegal it is not a problem for me.

There probably will be an opportunity for him to come back but he'd need to drop the whole dr disrespect shtick - that shit is dead. Ironically, it could be a plus that he had this persona because he can shed it and try for a fresh start.

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
That's crazy....You can take the decision to go to war, but is illegal to sexting....US laws are something else man....
Sure the US goes into mandatory lockdown and sin cleansing anytime a nipple is accidentally shown on TV, no problems showing unhinged gun violence mind so it all evens out I suppose..

FunkMiller

Gold Member
If it is not illegal it is ok for me, ethics are not my concerns.

I consider creep a lot of things (as I said before, selling weapons in a grocery stoere for example), but if they are not illegal it is not a problem for me.

Christ on a bike. I don't get the mentality of 'it's fine if it's not illegal' as a way of defining your morality and ethics... but you do you, yeah?

Last edited:

YOU PC BRO?!

Gold Member
lol at the guys defending this…

It's difficult not to without being a massive hypocrite. It's not like the age of consent across the majority of the world isn't 14 - 16 years. Now, the Docs actions are certainly immoral... personally, I am repulsed by his willingness to cheat on his wife, especially considering the fact that there are children involved. With that being said, I'm unsure why so many of you seem to believe that age of consent in America is 18 years? You do realise that is only the case in just 8 states right? In-fact, 16 years is the age of consent in the majority of the US. How do you square that in your head? I'm genuinely curious? By the logic on display, that would make the US a country of pedophiles wouldn't it?

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
It's difficult not to without being a massive hypocrite. It's not like the age of consent across the majority of the world isn't 14 - 16 years. Now, the Docs actions are certainly immoral... personally, I am repulsed by his willingness to cheat on his wife, especially considering the fact that there are children involved. With that being said, I'm unsure why so many of you seem to believe that age of consent in America is 18 years? You do realise that is only the case in just 8 states right? In-fact, 16 years is the age of consent in the majority of the US. How do you square that in your head? I'm genuinely curious? By the logic on display, that would make the US a country of pedophiles wouldn't it?
A lot of those states that are 16 also have a 2-3 year max age difference.

People keep wanting to frame it as this minor being of age in many places to spin it in favor of Doc when in reality we still don't know the minors age

And my 2 cents even if this minor was 16 and living in a state that they could make those decisions anyone who is 20 years older and goes after someone that age has a problem

geary

A lot of those states that are 16 also have a 2-3 year max age difference.
There are so many asterixis in these laws. If you have the mental capacity to give or not to give consent, why is there a max difference allowed? You either have the capacity to give consent or you don't...If you need to add asterixis to this, then 16 is not an ok age and you have to be older. With these type of things you don't juggle and make the law base on how the wind blows...

If you ask me, even at 18, your brain is not sufficient developed to be able to discern properly some things and their effect...

Last edited:

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
There are so many asterixis in these laws. If you have the mental capacity to give or not to give consent, why is there a max difference allowed? You either have the capacity to give consent or you don't...If you need to add asterixis to this, then 16 is not an ok age and you have to be older. With these type of things you don't juggle and make the law base on how the wind blows...

If you ask me, even at 18, your brain is not sufficient developed to be able to discern properly some things and their effect...
Especially with someone in their mid 30s

I hate playing those what ifs and its legal here so...

Some places in the world eat dogs and if one does that I think your sick

We eat cows here in the US but try that in parts of the world where they are worshipped

Never ending asterisks

I was never a fan of him and him and will never support him. I don't know many or hardly any public figures who can survive getting caught messing with minors. No company will associate or do business with you; the Internet never forgets.

Xtib81

I've never watched this guy so I couldn't care less, but as far as I understand, he texted a 17-yo girl? That's it? Lmao. Yeah, I don't care honestly.

Topher

Gold Member
I've never watched this guy so I couldn't care less, but as far as I understand, he texted a 17-yo girl? That's it? Lmao. Yeah, I don't care honestly.

Seriously doubt he would be banned from Twitch for simply texting a 17 year old girl, but we don't know the age (except they were a minor) or gender of the person.

Last edited:
Ah, cancel culture. Don't know the full story, but bring out the pitchforks and holier than thou attitudes. Especially if you didn't like the guy to begin with.

I do find it funny that those saying that the girl being 17 is wishful thinking from his fans, are also wishfully thinking she's younger so they can continue to throw out that pedophile label.

While I've never watched Dr Disrespect, aside from a couple clips in meme compilations, I would bet his fans would turn on him sooner if it did turn out the girl was younger than 16 than the haters would apologize for calling him a pedo, even if it turned out she was 1 day from turning 18.

Of course, that's the point. We don't know. Well, let me not distract you from your pitchfork waving any longer.

FunkMiller

Gold Member
Ah, cancel culture. Don't know the full story, but bring out the pitchforks and holier than thou attitudes. Especially if you didn't like the guy to begin with.

I do find it funny that those saying that the girl being 17 is wishful thinking from his fans, are also wishfully thinking she's younger so they can continue to throw out that pedophile label.

While I've never watched Dr Disrespect, aside from a couple clips in meme compilations, I would bet his fans would turn on him sooner if it did turn out the girl was younger than 16 than the haters would apologize for calling him a pedo, even if it turned out she was 1 day from turning 18.

Of course, that's the point. We don't know. Well, let me not distract you from your pitchfork waving any longer.

Yes, yes. Being pleased that a married man with kids is having his career ruined because he sent sexually graphic messages to a kid he knew to be underage is definitely 'cancel culture'.

Fuck a duck.

IFireflyl

Gold Member
People are "wishfully thinking she's younger"? What are you talking about?

He's saying that people who want to oppose him are pretending (or wishfully thinking) that she is younger than she is so they can more easily throw out "pedophile" as an insult. It was just a weirdly worded post.

Last edited:

Bernardougf

Gold Member
Dude is over 30 married with children, And we really got people arguing that he should be able to get away with this and have a career because what he did should be OK to do is wild.
Yeah.. leaving by laws is wild ... we should all be judged only by the court of public opinion ... better yet... twitter polls are the way to do it.

Last edited:

Topher

Gold Member
He's saying that people who want to oppose him are pretending (or wishfully thinking) that she is younger than she is so they can more easily throw out "pedophile" as an insult. It was just a weirdly worded post.

That's a sick way to look at all this. But really.....making that generalization about folks just to cast them in a worse light is also pretty shitty. Folks should make arguments on what people say, not what they think others think.

Jigsaah

Gold Member
I find these results so far are incredibly revealing. That was the point.

Takeaways so far are:

1. Vast majority of folks here don't follow Dr. Disrespect, or streamers in general. Most say they don't care, or basically immediately trounce Dr. Disrespect for this.

2. There is a clear difference in standards and law between the US and other countries. this seems to shape the general positions of certain people.

3. So far a combined 15% of GAF would still support the Doc in some way. Reasons vary. Very interesting. Not judging. Just interesting.

4. Still alot of information we don't know for sure. The minor's age, gender...but there seems to be some indication that Doc knew he was texting a minor. The lack of info could be swaying results if people chose to change votes like I did.

Last edited:

Fredrik

And my 2 cents even if this minor was 16 and living in a state that they could make those decisions anyone who is 20 years older and goes after someone that age has a problem
This.
Why is there even a debate about this? Can’t we stop disagreeing for once and try to be somewhat normal here?
It’s not a 70yo hooking up with a 50yo. It’s a 38yo sending sleasy messages to a 17yo… or younger apparently, the age is not known.

Top Bottom