• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IGN afraid of reviewing Hogwarts Legacy

SLESS

I’m so glad I grew up where and when I did, I cannot imagine being “frightened” of being digitally attacked on social media etc by blue haired whales. I actually feel that if what I stand for upsets those kind of sheep I am doing something right!

It really it’s equal parts pathetic and hilarious 🤣

CGNoire

As Dave Chappele said, no one likes the T in LGBT.
Thats because gender attraction is completely different than Gender Dysphoria and the only reason those letters are jammed together is for political power. Intersectionality is just a savvy political move meant to empower there members to steamroll over all possible critques or objections and unfortunatly helps to trojan horse in any idea reguardless of merit or damaging effects as long as it came from an ingroup member. The group is fuelled by revenge, upheld by virtue signalling clout chasers and coporations desperate in the social media age to finally find a "unified advertising demographic" again.

• Strength
Reactions: LMJ

Moses85

The Game will be absolute dissapointing I am sure.

Just Kidding Jk GIF

Last edited:

saintjules

You know they could just review the game for its pro's and con's.

Agreed. And there used to be a time where they would rate a game high but never list cons on what prevents it from receiving a 10/10 or whatever.

The Game will be absolute dissapointing I am sure.

I am hearing the story isn't amazing and there's not an adequate amount of enemies on the field during combat. I'll check a few reviews out.

Last edited:

jigglet

Banned
A lot of these guys are pathetic wannabe journalists who probably dream of working for The NY Times and so forth. If they truly want to rise above and prove they are worthy of serious respect, then this is their opportunity. How the fuck can you dream of reporting on serious corruption, war, cover ups etc if you can’t even report on a fucking video game designed for kids. Only the person that puts their hand up for this job has real journalistic integrity.

Last edited:

jigglet

Banned
Let's all give that IGN review video a thumbs up not only for fair & balanced review but to also send a message that REEsetEra is not the center of the universe.

qkoezJU.jpg

Starship Troopers GIF
The funny thing is when you read the comments in that review most of IGN readers have also had enough of this SJW shit.

kyussman

Cowardice is the reason trans ideology has gone so far so quickly......normal people are waking up more and more though,at least over here in the UK.Lots of brave women here doing amazing work.Cowardly fucks like those at IGN are the reason teenage girls getting chopped up has become a thing in the US.Absolute cunts.

Razvedka

Banned
Separating the art from the artist, when 'all art is political' according to these people, is causing a fission reaction within their heads. This is incredible to see.

What a meltdown.

Yoboman

Gold Member
Cowardice is the reason trans ideology has gone so far so quickly......normal people are waking up more and more though,at least over here in the UK.Lots of brave women here doing amazing work.Cowardly fucks like those at IGN are the reason teenage girls getting chopped up has become a thing in the US.Absolute cunts.
The real issue isn't trans people. It's the lunatics who also happen to be trans, making it their entire identity and being on the constant attack against everyone else

That's not how you win support

yurinka

I can see some sites not reviewing while other ones review bomb it. But tons of people will buy it anyways, youtube views and preorders seem to indicate it's going to be a big sales success similar to Elden Ring or Cyberpunk 2077.

You stand up to bullies. Take for example, Nintendo stood firm about no real world politics in its products. Some crazy Trans activist put up a political message in a Smash Bros creator stage and Nintendo removed it. The woke mob, Trans activists, LGBT community, leftwing extremists, were outraged and wanted Nintendo to make an exception. Nintendo stood firm and said they don't get involve in politics. You know what happened? IT went away. Business went on as usual.

Moral of the story? Don't give in to extremists.

k_trout

You stand up to bullies. Take for example, Nintendo stood firm about no real world politics in its products. Some crazy Trans activist put up a political message in a Smash Bros creator stage and Nintendo removed it. The woke mob, Trans activists, LGBT community, leftwing extremists, were outraged and wanted Nintendo to make an exception. Nintendo stood firm and said they don't get involve in politics. You know what happened? IT went away. Business went on as usual.

Moral of the story? Don't give in to extremists.
shame 6% of Nintendo is owned by extremists

Filben

People act like it's the new Birth of a Nation just with trans people instead of black people... and they aren't even in the game. As if Rolling took up literal arms and guns against trans people.

Bet they would in good old Orwell's 1984 fashion "ungame" this game and "unperson" Rolling. Just erase it completely as if it and her never existed in the first place.

Now the stretch to good old fashism isn't too far, giving how many people treat her.

Their understanding of democracy is pretty twisted. Of course you have to face some consequences for your opinions and what you say. But what they do is rile up people and drag you through the mud. We did that back in the middle ages. Wonder how they'd feel about if their own shortcomings would made public, all this nasty shit people do.

Just remember the last thing you felt shame for yourself and imagine having this dragged to the wider public and think twice before picking that pitchfork and torch.

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
IGN gave it a 9/10, all this whinging about games journalism in these threads is fucking hilarious.
People act like it's the new Birth of a Nation just with trans people instead of black people... and they aren't even in the game.
No they fucking aren't. Like this whole war over this game is entirely imaginary. It's like 3 and a half people on twitter.

Last edited:

Krathoon

What cracks me up is that it is like this group is trying to dominate the internet. They want to make it like your walking on eggshells all the time.

SF Kosmo

Last edited:

Krathoon

IGN is fairly legit. They just want to please everyone.

It reminds me of how a lot of old comedians stopped doing shows at colleges because the students were so damn woke.

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
According to the MC links, IGN Spain, Portugal and Italy all gave great scores. Portugal gave it a 10.

So get off your ass USA office. Your global coworkers are showing they got bigger balls than you.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Just coming in to say Twitter and forums are not real life and represent probably 0.01% of the general public who will absolutely go mental for this game.

I also think the outrage is generally regionalised to the US. From UK and EU outlets I’ve seen next to nothing on reporting about J.K Rowlings supposed comments and what I’ve read of them it’s kind of like “eh, ok, that’s your opinion”.

I don’t think she gets much of a kickback from these games and has little involvement other than writing the original lore.

It could set records whether it’s a 0/10 or 10/10.
You dont get anti-JK Rowling rhetoric in Canada either and were just over the border.

LordCBH

I wonder if this will trigger an awakening in the massive publishers when it sells 10 million. “Wait you mean we DON’T have to bow to the mob?!”

SF Kosmo

I wonder if this will trigger an awakening in the massive publishers when it sells 10 million. “Wait you mean we DON’T have to bow to the mob?!”
Ah, yes, taking the brave stance of milking a multi-million dollar IP.

This whole thing is ridiculous. I don't care for some of the things JK Rowling has said, but you know how I handle it? I don't support her products and then move on with my life. If other people want to buy her products, that's on them and if they ask why I'm not, I'll explain. But the constant screeching from woke and anti-woke mobs is exhausting.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
This whole thing is ridiculous. I don't care for some of the things JK Rowling has said, but you know how I handle it? I don't support her products and then move on with my life. If other people want to buy her products, that's on them and if they ask why I'm not, I'll explain. But the constant screeching from woke and anti-woke mobs is exhausting.
People are self serving, political, and will scrape up any win as a feel good story.

Pretty sure everyone eats bananas. If you want to read up on a seemingly innocent industry involving yellow fruit at 59 cents per pound, google it.

But putting up a united front on banishing bananas doesn't really lead to anything except their loss of eating a nice fruit. So it's accepted as a-ok to buy.

Varteras

Gold Member
Its times like this that i'm glad i dont work in the industry, because i would give the game a rave review, and say exactly why i'm doing it. In other words i'd be 'cancelled'.
Fuck all these companies that are shit scared of these loonies, and give them 'power'.
And some poeple like to think cancel culture isnt a real thing, and the sjw agenda doesnt exist, lol.

Which I do not understand at all by this point. I can see how companies would have initially reacted to the seeming swell of social justice. However, after watching the number of times a company actually had placating the "woke mob" backfire on them, you'd think they would have learned by now that these people either don't buy their products anyways or they're such an insignificant portion of their sales and they risk upsetting the greater userbase by pandering to the wrong group.

Top Bottom