• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IGN - Cyberpunk 2077: Xbox One, Series X|S, and PS4 Tested - Early Framerate Analysis Results

kretos

Banned
both versions looks and plays like shit, frame drops to 10fps damn and some areas looks like ps3/x360 games

giphy.gif

Last edited:

Elios83

Xbox One S at sub 720p, sub 20fps, ouch.
Series S has only 30 fps mode.
Series X has a 60 fps mode but can't hold the frame rate target, they think it's better in 30fps mode because of extra detail and more stable frame rate.

Last edited:

Fbh

No wonder it's sitting at 1.9 user metascore lol (on PS4..Xb1 is at 2.3).

Quite shameless of them to release it in this state. I hope PS4 and Xbox one users get the option to ask for refunds. Probably going to be quite a few disappointed people this Christmas when they see the game they just got is a buggly and blurry mess running at an unplayable 15 fps

Aggelos

Guys, the message is loud and clear -> you should steer clear from playing on base consoles. Only if you're in a pinch and there's no other way.
I don't think base PS4 and Xbox One can be helped at this time and juncture - the situation is incorrigible.

Last edited:

Type_Raver

Feeling nostalgic, n64 framerates are back! :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Impressed by IGN's analysis as well, finally someone thats technical and understanding.

Hugare

If it really was only the hardware's falt, they wouldnt have delayed next gen versions for a future patch. The truth is, the development was a mess.

You dont see games nowadays being launched with next gen versions being delayed for next year.

They didnt even say that the PS5 and Series X would have 60 fps before launch. They were this much unprepared for the game's launch.

small_law

Even if you excuse the base Xbox One and PS4 consoles for being seven years old, the choice here is to not release the game for them. I don't fault CDPR for wanting to make money, but have some fucking standards.

It's a rare thing to see a respected dev with tier 1 ambitions make a cash grab by releasing unplayable shit. You could make the argument for actual fraud, maybe deceptive consumer practices.

Even if you excuse the base Xbox One and PS4 consoles for being seven years old, the choice here is to not release the game for them. I don't fault CDPR for wanting to make money, but have some fucking standards.

It's a rare thing to see a respected dev with tier 1 ambitions make a cash grab by releasing unplayable shit. You could make the argument for actual fraud, maybe deceptive consumer practices.
THIS.

These cunts knew current gen consoles can't handle the game but decided they don't want to miss out on the 110 million + install base. This smells like a quick cash grab. I hope this results in a lawsuit.

So why does this game get 10s from reviewers ???

ReBurn

Gold Member
Game is a mess on base console i can see a potential lawsuit coming with the way CDPR hide the base console review and stuff.
Lawsuit? Did they make performance claims for console? Because as far as I could tell they intentionally avoided talking about console at every opportunity.

Guys, the message is loud and clear -> you should steer clear from playing on base consoles. Only if you're in pinch and there's no other way.
I don't think base PS4 and Xbox One can be helped at this time and juncture - the situation is incorrigible.
Mother fucker what??????

So why did they then release the game on base consoles when it runs in this kind of fucked up state full knowing the hardware can't handle it?
GTFO with that shit.

Very thankful that I was able to secure an XsX for this game, but performance on standard XB1 is blatantly unacceptable.

This should have been advertised as a next gen only title from the very beginning, though I understand that is not a financially viable option.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
THIS.

These cunts knew current gen consoles can't handle the game but decided they don't want to miss out on the 110 million + install base. This smells like a quick cash grab. I hope this results in a lawsuit.

So why does this game get 10s from reviewers ???
Calm down with the outage antics, for fucksake. This is ResetEra levels of hysteria. Yes, the base consoles are pretty shabby. Who’s defending those? The only thing I see people defending in the OT are the next-gen versions which are perfectly playable, but obviously could use some fine tuning. You make it sound like everyone is playing this game on base PS4 and drooling over how well it performs and looks.

That’s not what’s happening here.

Lawsuit? Did they make performance claims for console? Because as far as I could tell they intentionally avoided talking about console at every opportunity.
They didn't but they don't let any one review for console only PC that in itself is shady someone is gone to filed that lawsuit i just know it.

- The map direction way point is sometimes disappearing in the open world.
- No explosions or any effects.
- goes as low as 10fps.
- Sub 720p resolution.
- game freezes and loads in NPCs as you walk around some environment.
- weapons materialize in your hand as you take them out to use.

On base Xbox One

Jesus Christ... I can't... I just can't.

But yeah according to some here, game of the year 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Calm down with the outage antics, for fucksake. This is ResetEra levels of hysteria. Yes, the base consoles are pretty shabby. Who’s defending those? The only thing I see people defending in the OT are the next-gen versions which are perfectly playable, but obviously could use some fine tuning. You make it sound like everyone is playing this game on base PS4 and drooling over how well it performs and looks.

That’s not what’s happening here.
Everyone is playing it on base consoles you numpty 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

How many PS4s and Xbox Ones are there out in the wild vs PS5/Series X or even the Pro or One X.

The fuck is wrong with you? 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

ReBurn

Gold Member
They didn't but they don't let any one review for console only PC that in itself is shady someone is gone to filed that lawsuit i just know it.
I agree that the game is a mess on console and that not providing console code for review was a shitty thing to do. But I also don't feel bad for people who preorder games based on nothing but hype and then end up with a turd. Why would people buy it sight unseen on console with no information about it? Sometimes you have to take responsibility for falling victim to your own expectations.

Last edited:
I agree that the game is a mess on console and that not providing console code for review was a shitty thing to do. But I also don't feel bad for people who preorder games based on nothing but hype and then end up with a turd. Why would people buy it sight unseen on console with no information about it? Sometimes you have to take responsibility for falling victim to your own expecrations.
Because the game was announce like 8 years ago and it was announce for Xbox One and PS4 on console that why people are mad & it took them like 7 years later and they release this mess after so many delays imagine if it was not delay how worst it would have been like instead of dips to 10fps it dips to 5fps jesus christ there is no defending CDPR after this if this were EA they would get destroy but since it CDPR they get a pass.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
Everyone is playing it on base consoles you numpty 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

How many PS4s and Xbox Ones are there out in the wild vs PS5/Series X or even the Pro or One X.

The fuck is wrong with you? 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
All of those emoji's don't help you save any dignity, you're still whining about a problem that doesn't exist, and you got called out on it.

Again, I ask you, who here exactly is defending the horrible release state of the game on base consoles?

RPS37

I wonder how it runs in One X, since I have a CP2077 branded console, which I’m not playing this game on. 🤣

This is probably the last game I'll ever voluntarily choose Quality over Performance. Performance mode looks ugly, and the framerate is not stable enough to warrant such a trade. Quality at least looks impressive most of the time, though the exteriors leave to be desided. The performance is not ideal but I can live with it, what with combat only taking like 5-10% of the game anyway. But the game should not have been published in this state and without a dedicated next-gen version. I know, they had delayed far too many times already, but it's both one of the best games of the past years and one of the most broken triple-As of them.

Stuart360

I know CDPR are the gamers darlings, and can do no wrong in some peoples eyes. but the way they locked reviewers out of the console versions, and showed zero footage of base consoles before release, its incrdibly scummy thing to do, and imo immoral.
They deserve backlash for this, i dont think even the likes of EA have been this scummy before.

8BiTw0LF

Banned
Uhm, yeah..

"CD Projekt joint-CEO Adam Kaciński has praised Cyberpunk 2077's performance on PS4 and Xbox One in an investor call.

Speaking earlier this week on Wednesday (and transcribed by Seeking Alpha), Kaciński said that Cyberpunk 2077's performance on the base PS4 and Xbox One consoles is "surprisingly good, I would say, for such a huge world." The CEO went on to say that although the performance on these base consoles is lower than their "pro" counterparts (the PS4 Pro and Xbox One X), it's still surprisingly good."
Cyberpunk 2077 runs “surprisingly well” on current-gen consoles according to CD Projekt’s CEO | GamesRadar+

I just love how the CEO hides a truth behind a lie in that statement :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Vick

I legit laughed out loud at the One footage..

I remember someone here literally saying it was constantly delayed because “the game does not run on base Xbox”, fuck me he was 100% spot on. And base PS4 is not really that much better from what i've seen.

Portugeezer

Game is a mess on base console i can see a potential lawsuit coming with the way CDPR hide the base console review and stuff.
People can try, but for what? We get mislead all the time by promotional material (no excuse but not unique to 2077), there is also no performance or resolution mandate for consoles. It can be played from start to finish with shit framerate and low resolution; as long as the game doesn't brick the console or cause security issues, it will get certification by Sony/MS.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
The base consoles look atrocious. Shouldve never released the game on those consoles.

I remember making a joke here that got like a 100 likes a few months ago about this game was going to get downgraded to hell and back. Well, the PC version didnt get downgraded and thats actually a good thing. It means the old outdated consoles did not hold the game back. It means we did not get the same witcher 3 level downgrade for all versions and tbh, i wish more devs took full advantage of PCs.

That said, this shouldve never been launched on last gen consoles. they themselves said that over half of the preorders were on consoles. thats a majority of users playing what is essentially the switch version. I dont think i have ever seen a game look so poor and I am not talking about the framerate dips to 10 fps, the game simply looks poor. I have defended a lot of buggy games. I loved AC Unity despite the bugs, i tolerated the bad facial animations in ME Andromeda and grew to really enjoy the combat and played sotc at 15 fps way back on the ps2 and thought to myself this game is the greatest fucking game ive thing ive ever experienced, but this is truly awful. I cannot believe what I am seeing. This is way worse than control which also dipped in the teens. At least it looked decent and did not look unfinished.

CD PR should've delayed the game on consoles at the very least. The game looks phenomenal on PCs. easily the best looking and arguably the most ambitious game of all time topping perhaps even RDR2, but these versions are inexcusable.

small_law

And that's exactly why a fraud case would be hard to prove. They didn't make any misleading statements as to material facts about the game's performance. They clammed up. Maybe there's a case out there about omission being enough, but when it comes to fraud, you have to communicate the lie.

Armorian

Banned
So...

One - fucking LOL, like switch port
PS4 - better but still bad, Shadow of Mordor on PS3 level of performance
PS4P - much better than PS4, GTAV on PS3 level of performance
X1X - ?? - probably much better than Pro but still limited by Jaguar
XSX - Xbox version running on Ryzen so good, and with IQ mode the best looking console version
PS5 - PS4P version running in 60FPS so not bad
Stadia - some PC variant, good
PC - This is the way

Fuck me that's awful, why is the optimisation so bad? Red dead looks better and runs way better than this.

Correct me if I am wrong, but hasn't CDPR always been a PC centric development community? Their optimization efforts on Witcher III for PS4/Xbox One shows that their optimization and game dev at heart is the PC platform. I am not saying that's bad of them, but when they are trying to sell their games on consoles, show some support and respect to the console games community too :(

So yeah their optimization efforts were either woeful and thus the game runs horrid on base consoles especially base xbox one, or the game was just planned for the wrong console generation and no amount of optimization would've saved the game from running at stable frame and resolutions and visual features.

Armorian

Banned
Correct me if I am wrong, but hasn't CDPR always been a PC centric development community? Their optimization efforts on Witcher III for PS4/Xbox One shows that their optimization and game dev at heart is the PC platform. I am not saying that's bad of them, but when they are trying to sell their games on consoles, show some support and respect to the console games community too :(

So yeah their optimization efforts were either woeful and thus the game runs horrid on base consoles especially base xbox one, or the game was just planned for the wrong console generation and no amount of optimization would've saved the game from running at stable frame and resolutions and visual features.

Their only game that was focusing on consoles was TW3, and it was downgraded for that.

Top Bottom