• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty Benchmark Test & Performance Analysis Review (Raster / Ray Tracing / Path Tracing)

Some people hated it (still do) and some people (including me) loved it. Many people wanted this game to be like GTA and majority of criticism was about drivers and police Ai, I didn't care but CDPR fixed these things (plus changed a lot more) in 2.0 update.

Cp2077 (for me) was already 9/10 game few months after launch (when I completed it).
I was initially pretty pissed that it was an open world game but then I played it and it scratched the Deus Ex itch for me.

Bojji

I was initially pretty pissed that it was an open world game but then I played it and it scratched the Deus Ex itch for me.

Exactly, I didn't play original DE games (console player at the time) but loved HR and MD. Cyberpunk in missions is like DE sequel, city is just to connect things.

GHG

This is what I'm getting on a 4090, 5800X3D:

RT Overdrive preset, DLSS Auto, Ray Reconstruction on:

dkZYB9.png

All Settings max, DLSS Quality, Ray Reconstruction off:

dkZD2v.png

Going with the latter because it looks much better to my eyes and the ray reconstruction is resulting in some strange glitches/pop-in with shadows.

Roni

Gold Member
Using a 10900K, 32Gb of RAM and a 3080Ti. Noticed High Crowd Density caps my framerate at around 43 due to CPU bottleneck, no matter the settings. Since my religion doesn't allow me to play with lower crowd density I went for 1440p with DLSS Quality locked at 30 FPS. It is what it is... Will play at 60 after I upgrade in a few years.

CSJ

My results seem too high, 166fps benchmark maxed out with DLSS/FG/Path Tracing at 1440p and with the techpowerup settings I get 86fps which is uuuuuh, over double what they have?

What did I miss?

20ewUnv.jpg

Is anyone else having this flicker issue on 2.0? I have tried various RT settings and DLSS settings but issue remains. Even tried restarting.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
My results seem too high, 166fps benchmark maxed out with DLSS/FG/Path Tracing at 1440p and with the techpowerup settings I get 86fps which is uuuuuh, over double what they have?

What did I miss?

20ewUnv.jpg
Dont set it to Auto. GamerNexus said Auto is bugged or something. Its probably setting it to DLSS performance which at 1440p is 720p internal resolution.

If you dont have a 4k screen, just use DLSS quality which is 1080p. or use DLAA which is native res with frame generation.

Last edited:

CSJ

Dont set it to Auto. GamerNexus said Auto is bugged or something. Its probably setting it to DLSS performance which at 1440p is 720p internal resolution.

If you dont have a 4k screen, just use DLSS quality which is 1080p. or use DLAA which is native res with frame generation.

Ahhh right swear I keep setting it to Quality and it goes back, let's try again.

analog_future

Resident Crybaby
Path tracing? What is that some sort of ultimate ray tracing mode? Why is it decimating framerates?

Path tracing is pretty much actual fully-fledged ray tracing. Where every ray of light in the world bounces and scatters and dissipates and reflects and refracts just like real light does.

"Ray tracing" as we have known it so far is generally much more limited. Limited to only shadows or reflections or ambient occlusion rather than actual global illumination.

Last edited:

CSJ

Alright run it again with DLSS quality and lowered FPS to 147fps, DLAA was 84fps.
I'm happy with that.

CSJ

Whats the image quality difference between dlss quality and dlaa?

Deleted all my saves so quickly started as street kid to quickly get to something without having to talk to too many people heh, don't know if this helps.

Honestly in here DLSS looks better, like shadows under objects on table? top bannister, floor?

Last edited:

GymWolf

Yeah i may have to try dlss balanced as a last chance for the overdrive to remain turned ON.

How much is the loss in fidelity between quality and balanced in 4k?

nemiroff

Gold Member
Whats the image quality difference between dlss quality and dlaa?
Deleted all my saves so quickly started as street kid to quickly get to something without having to talk to too many people heh, don't know if this helps.

Honestly in here DLSS looks better, like shadows under objects on table? top bannister, floor?
Keep in mind RR doesn't really work with DLAA because Nvidia didn't do ML training on it yet.

Timestamped:

Last edited:

Buggy Loop

Holy shit at some scenes. The typical denoiser fizzling is almost entirely gone, some scenes i couldn't spot it anymore, at all. Looks like a damn path tracing reference image

Total visual upgrade and even better performances

mind blown GIF

Last edited:

The Cockatrice

Gold Member

Holy shit at some scenes. The typical denoiser fizzling is almost entirely gone, some scenes i couldn't spot it anymore, at all. Looks like a damn path tracing reference image

mind blown GIF

Sadly, it's not all good. The ghosting is horrible, a lot of reflections are worse with RR, a lot of character models look much worse, etc.

Buggy Loop

Sadly, it's not all good. The ghosting is horrible, a lot of reflections are worse with RR, a lot of character models look much worse, etc.

Hopefully improved in future iterations, which... yea it will, but the advantages far outweigh the negatives. Just the removal of flickering, fizzling of the denoiser is a huge uplift. Overall better image quality, better performance, less VRAM usage (!).

But yea, more training on the ML to improve it further. That's the damn beauty of AI. We'll be injecting 3.5.6 or something in future and everything will look better.

Also warning to check what files you end up having for DLSS. Not sure what's happening but it can be mixed.

trwK6e3.jpg

Possible reviewers have mixed files too? To be seen

Last edited:

hollams

Gold Member
Hopefully improved in future iterations, which... yea it will, but the advantages far outweigh the negatives. Just the removal of flickering, fizzling of the denoiser is a huge uplift. Overall better image quality, better performance, less VRAM usage (!).

But yea, more training on the ML to improve it further. That's the damn beauty of AI. We'll be injecting 3.5.6 or something in future and everything will look better.

Also warning to check what files you end up having for DLSS. Not sure what's happening but it can be mixed.

trwK6e3.jpg

I have this with the GOG version of the game. I downloaded the 3.5 versions, but haven't tried them yet.

GymWolf

Overdrive mode make some rare objects and characters look like they are oil painted?! (For lack of better words)

It must be a t-bug.

GymWolf

Is DLAA a better alternative than DLSS quality on 1440 from performance PoV?
Dlaa is not for performance gain, it is just the best AA in the market.

It's dlss but without rendering from a lower resolution if i remember well, so just AI improving the iq at native resolution.

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially

It's a total game changer, it looks unreal. I played it for a couple of hours last night and got goose bumps more times than I dare to admit.

Until next year 😂 I taught the same thing with my old 3090
Haha I'm gonna be good for a while. After I downloaded the BF 1944 mod for BFV and turning it on ultra settings, 4K, 60fps, (This is all I need framerate wise and I turned off ray tracing in this game because it has caused stutters a few time) it's like I have a brand new Battlefield game.

I'm replaying Red Dead with every setting on ultra in 1440p, 60fps (because 4K stutters with some high intensity vistas) and it's mind blowing.

I have Starfield that runs on ultra, 4K, 60fps and is so sick (outside of the loading screens lol).

And at some point I'm gonna try the updated version of Cyberpunk.

I'm set for the foreseeable future. I don't need 8K and I don't need a higher framerate than 60fps. So I'm golden right now.

Last edited:

The Cockatrice

Gold Member

trwK6e3.jpg

Wait what, I just checked, 3.1.1 is not the final one for nvngx_dlss? Nvidia and their naming, which is which? my nvngx_dlss.dll is also 3.1, is there a higher version?

EDIT: just checked, nvngx_dlssG is 3.1 and nvngx_dlss.dll is also 3.1 and both are the classic dlss and frame gen, the other one is prolly RR and that one is 3.5. Gonna swap them out.

Last edited:

Buggy Loop

Wait what, I just checked, 3.1.1 is not the final one for nvngx_dlss? Nvidia and their naming, which is which? my nvngx_dlss.dll is also 3.1, is there a higher version?

EDIT: just checked, nvngx_dlssG is 3.1 and nvngx_dlss.dll is also 3.1 and both are the classic dlss and frame gen, the other one is prolly RR and that one is 3.5. Gonna swap them out.

As per Topher Topher 's post in the other thread

The Cockatrice

Gold Member
As per Topher Topher 's post in the other thread

Yeah seen it but genuinely thught it was a rare issue but turns out everyone prolly has older dlss versions.

EDIT: didnt do much, tried the DLSS tweak to change profiles but it just breaks the image since CDPR somehow hardencoded the RR in the DLSS files. So you either live with horrible character details, ghosting, shadow issues or ocasional shimmering.

EDIT2: settings dont get saved, RR keeps resetting to on, which proves my point even further, its somehow tied to DLSS/PT for some stupid reason,

Last edited:

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
Running the game in 4k, high/ultra settings, RT reflections and close shadows on. Set dlss to auto.

Locked 60fps everywhere on a 3080 and the game looks amazing.

Granted it’s only the base game areas but the benchmark made it seem like I’ll be playing 60fps no issues like this. If I turn on RT lighting even on medium the fps tanks to 30-40. Totally not worth it.

Game looks and runs better than before for me. I can’t do dlss quality as it then puts the game to 50 fps average.

Kenpachii

Well played through the main story, dam it was short but god dam its the best looking game i played so far.

Performance was great ~100 fps constantly in demanding locations.

DeaDPo0L84

As soon as I loaded my save I hated the 2d-3d effect around all icons in the UI. Fortunately there is a mod that even though it hasn't technically been updated works to remove all that nonsense:

Top Bottom