• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IGN - Cyberpunk 2077: Xbox One, Series X|S, and PS4 Tested - Early Framerate Analysis Results

Evilms

Banned
0GD59cD.jpg

Lawsuit? Did they make performance claims for console? Because as far as I could tell they intentionally avoided talking about console at every opportunity.

Nymphae

Banned
Some of the shit I've seen from the base consoles is shockingly bad, I would be livid if I paid for that. These guys seem to have a lot of good will and are known for fixing shit eventually, but wow man, this is some of the worst performance I've ever seen on a AAA title

Outside of Total War this is already my most played game this year. Been playing absolutely nonstop since launch on PC and had no performance issues or any real bugs. I imagine I’ll still be playing a modded version many years from now Deus Ex style. It’s safe to say I’m loving this game.

This however is an absolute disgrace and totally inexcusable. Anyone that does defend it should be ashamed. You can see how shady things are with hindsight with them hiding the base console versions away.

sircaw

Banned
(PS4 version played on PS5)

I haven't stopped laughing at this, you folks seen this sircaw sircaw Md Ray Md Ray ethomaz ethomaz Great Hair Great Hair Agnostic2020 Agnostic2020 :lollipop_tears_of_joy: :lollipop_tears_of_joy: :lollipop_tears_of_joy:

it's so bad it's funny, I mean i don't know where to even begin, old consoles need to die, i want to defend them on some counts, as they have to make like 10 different versions for all the consoles pc/stadia etc but damn, if you pay 60 bucks for that a game its meant to have some sort of standard. there must be 100s if not thousands of bugs.

would a delay even help this game, i mean the pop-in is a hardware issue, how can people enjoy an rpg above all games with so much pop in. some of the streets look like there are no cars or people lol.

i really really like the company but this is not good enough, this is kinda disgraceful imo.

and i won't go near that game for another year at least and only on ps5

it's so bad it's funny, I mean i don't know where to even begin, old consoles need to die, i want to defend them on some counts, as they have to make like 10 different versions for all the consoles pc/stadia etc but damn, if you pay 60 bucks for that a game its meant to have some sort of standard. there must be 100s if not thousands of bugs.

would a delay even help this game, i mean the pop-in is a hardware issue, how can people enjoy an rpg above all games with so much pop in. some of the streets look like there are no cars or people lol.

i really really like the company but this is not good enough, this is kinda disgraceful imo.

Yeah I've decided to cancel the PS4 purchase, even that being played on PS5 isn't all that good. I will wait for the bugs to be fixed and play it at a better state once the PS5 version is out!

McCheese

Fucking hell, base Xbox version is unpleasant to watch, let alone play.

Why did Microsoft even certify that shit? They need to take some responsibility for allowing people to buy an unplayable game.

ruvikx

Banned
If I was CD Projekt Red I'd refund everyone on the base consoles & cancel those versions, in a sort of reverse Batman Arkham Knight situation (where the PC version was recalled after release because it ran like dogshit). But that's just me.

This stuff is definitely ruining their reputation because the 9/10 & 10/10 scores exist only on PC (high end ones, no less), whilst the console version is a pile of total shit which will live alongside the worst reviewed & scored disasters on those machines.

Very thankful that I was able to secure an XsX for this game, but performance on standard XB1 is blatantly unacceptable.

This should have been advertised as a next gen only title from the very beginning, though I understand that is not a financially viable option.

Techland was in a similar situation with Dying Light 6 years ago & they just flat out cancelled the previous gen ps360 version of the game because it couldn't run properly on those machines. It's way, way better to save the reputation of your company than become known as literal thieves.

oldergamer

(PS4 version played on PS5)

I haven't stopped laughing at this, you folks seen this sircaw sircaw Md Ray Md Ray ethomaz ethomaz Great Hair Great Hair Agnostic2020 Agnostic2020 :lollipop_tears_of_joy: :lollipop_tears_of_joy: :lollipop_tears_of_joy:

Dude that was the funniest shit ever. They have some texture streaming bugs for sure or an issue with mip maps.

I played through all those scenes on xbox, I did notice npc's can talk without moving their mouths. I didn't notice any of the important NPC's doing it though. I saw one NPC standing inside my car. Thats about it though.

The PS4 version is crazy buggy. Also the work MS did to cut down on app size or duplicated data seems to work well on xbox. It's just under 60 Gigs, but over 100 on PS4?

BLAUcopter

Gold Member
Xbox One S at sub 720p, sub 20fps, ouch.
Series S has only 30 fps mode.
Series X has a 60 fps mode but can't hold the frame rate target, they think it's better in 30fps mode because of extra detail and more stable frame rate.
60 fps mode is a nice option but I've been playing in the quality mode for most of my 30+ hours. The extra detail is too much to pass up. And as we all know, you do get used to 30 fps after a little while in game.

Right. You're just compounding the problem. Your telling the devs it's OK to release a buggy as fuck game by rewarding them with a sale.

This developer deserved everything bad that's coming towards them. People paid full 60 dollars for 10fps, pop in literally right in front of you, sub 720p and 1080p and game breaking bugs that literally alter the game and directly affect game play.
Who the fuck can even shoot straight when the game chugs at 15fps in a firefight. This renders the game unplayable but 60 dollars, right.

I wouldnt (and I'm guessing many sane people) wouldn't play this game even for free.

At the end of the day it's a disgrace that they decided to do a cash grab on current gen and fuck over current gen gamers because all this is telling me they wanted to cash in on the holiday season.

I'm not interested In updates In this game. CDPR can get fucked. Fuck em all to hell. Cunts.

Thank all 8 million of you for play testing the game for me. I'll be jumping in when the next gen patch goes live. That should give me a couple of months of stability patches.

oldergamer

I'm actually surprised outside of resolution on xbox one S, the visuals aren't that dialed back. Its probably pushing that system too hard (being a base Xbox one). The texture streaming on it seems to keep up though.

hemo memo

Gold Member
Lawsuit? Did they make performance claims for console? Because as far as I could tell they intentionally avoided talking about console at every opportunity.

Yes.

I’m not a lawyer or native English speaker but the “Also” in “PLAYS GREAT ALSO ON XBOX SERIES X AND PS5” means that it plays great on previous systems. It doesn’t. They can get sued for false advertising.

Riky

$MSFT
Pretty much what is seen,

X1X is solid and much better than Pro
XSS is a nice locked 30fps
XSX is a good locked 30fps or a more variable 60fps.

But you know the drill, VRR is a life saver.

Last edited:

jigglet

Banned
cherry picking bullshit. If they chose the 1% of the game where it runs well it would have looked way better. Biased shills.

sircaw

Banned
Right. You're just compounding the problem. Your telling the devs it's OK to release a buggy as fuck game by rewarding them with a sale.

This developer deserved everything bad that's coming towards them. People paid full 60 dollars for 10fps, pop in literally right in front of you, sub 720p and 1080p and game breaking bugs that literally alter the game and directly affect game play.
Who the fuck can even shoot straight when the game chugs at 15fps in a firefight. This renders the game unplayable but 60 dollars, right.

I wouldnt (and I'm guessing many sane people) wouldn't play this game even for free.

At the end of the day it's a disgrace that they decided to do a cash grab on current gen and fuck over current gen gamers because all this is telling me they wanted to cash in on the holiday season.

I'm not interested In updates In this game. CDPR can get fucked. Fuck em all to hell. Cunts.

I am not exactly sure what you want me to say, the game is a broken mess, i agree, if it gets fixed and improved upon and is in a good enough state to play it in a years time i will buy it. To me it's as simple as that.

Is it bad they released the game in its current state, absolutely, what do you want me to do, stand with you and together we boycott the company while they have already stated that they have made enough profit from presales to cover the production costs of the game.

If you have a beef, you should go over and complain about all the 9/10 scores its receiving from everywhere, they are the ones doing the fucking harm, not me a single old gamer on neogaf.

FunkMiller

I played this launch day on Ps5, but I’m not touching it again until they get things working properly.

Frankly, Cyberpunk is a broken fucking mess on every platform... it’s just that the amount it’s broken wildly varies depending on what you’re playing it on.

People defending CDPR need to give their heads a wobble. It’s farcical that some folks are excusing this shit.

He shows footage of the car chase scene side by side ps4. One with 1.04 and one without.
Who? I missed it.

Pretty much what is seen,

X1X is solid and much better than Pro
XSS is a nice locked 30fps
XSX is a good locked 30fps or a more variable 60fps.

But you know the drill, VRR is a life saver.
I get the game at 30fps is better on Xbox Series X but who is excited to play this game at 30fps? Most games are now 60fps and some are 120fps on next-gen consoles.

This is the generation of 60fps and 120fps gaming.

Pallas

If there was ever going to be a One X/Pro exclusive, this should of been it. It really has no business on the One S/PS4 consoles. The systems just can’t handle it.

MastaKiiLA

I legit laughed out loud at the One footage..

I remember someone here literally saying it was constantly delayed because “the game does not run on base Xbox”, fuck me he was 100% spot on. And base PS4 is not really that much better from what i've seen.
The sad part is that they delayed the game, it can't run on the base consoles properly, and there is no next-gen version yet. They really just released a PC game. That's the only version that should've been released. Delay the console versions until you can get the current-gen to run stable, and the next-gen versions to support more of the features available on the PC. CDPR deserves to get buried by critics for this. The console version is a current-gen game that can only run properly on next-gen machines.

GriffinCorp

I just can't understand why they would let the game get sold in this state on last gen consoles. OMG that Xbox One gameplay was some of the worst I've ever seen, 1-FPS, or those low res Npc loading in the bar - stuff nightmares are made from. I just feel embarrassed for CDPR, how / why release it, talk about damage control in the PR department. I'm still going to get this game on PS4 - really glad the next gen game is included.

Tripolygon

Banned
I know hindsight is 20/20 but this is one of those games were focus should be have been put on the Next Gen rather than last gen. You could sorta tell that this game was not going to be good on PS4 and Xbox One but it is too much money to leave on the table.

I just picked up the game at Gamestop and I'm installing it on my Xbox One S external 2TB Hard Drive. But there is no way in hell I'm playing it on my current console.

I'm going to wait till I buy a Xbox Series X and then I'm going to wait for the next gen patch. My external HDD is compatible with the Series X so I'm getting a head start. Sucks the game is in such bad shape for base consoles but it is what it is.

I really don't know how people are surprised by this. The first time they showed gameplay and it was 1080p30 on a 1080ti should have really set expectations.

And even before they shared that info I took one look at the game and laughed when thinking out it running on PS4 and Xbox one. If it looks like it's a clear step about what's on the console currently then it's probably going to perform like it's not meant to be on that console.

DustQueen

Banned
I think it would be a while till next gen patch.
They would definitely need VRS n Sampler Feedback(n version of the similar tech PS5 has) to be implemented to get the performance you need for proper Cyberpunk experience, especially on Series S.

Top Bottom