• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IGN Ranks 20 Best Anime Characters Of All Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

xero273

Threi said:
Sauce got ROBBED

I guess it's because shippuden hasn't aired in the States yet.

The list needs more courage.

g_p-gaogaigar-29x2649296ebf9mkv-00000.jpg

JayDubya said:
Also: this list lacks Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo!

Bobobo is a delusional homeless man suffering from brain lesions that cause erratic grand mal seizures telling stories to the pebbles he's been naming after state capitals, and the ending is when he wakes up to the sound of a street urchin caving in his skull with the tin cup he uses to collect the money no one gives him for his medicine.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
ChoklitReign said:
This thread is proof that GAF is no different from 4chan. I feel like laughing at you
anime
nerds.
You entered the thread so you're one of us whether you like it or not.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
gdt5016 said:
Ok, who's the bigger icon, Goku or Pikachu?

Oh shi-
Goku. That yellow rat could die for all I care. I detest Pikachu, but I also acknowledge his iconic image.

Samara

Taught everyone had forgotten about Sailor Moon. Was a huge fan when I was a little girl. All that instant nail polish and short skirt who wouldn't :lol

Light Yagami is a little too far back. Good to see Spike at number 3 tho :D

Pikachu's a worthless rat. The video game came first, not the anime. The West has been shilling out cartoons of stupid toys and video games for years before Pokemon. Replace him/her with Kenshiro.

xero273 said:
I guess it's because shippuden hasn't aired in the States yet.

The list needs more courage.

g_p-gaogaigar-29x2649296ebf9mkv-00000.jpg

Giant robots have fallen out of favor to my disappointment with mankind.

Now it's all loli-rape bullshit, you motherfuckers.

All of you.

Motherfuckers. :mad:

Kusagari

Sasuke may be tougher and Kakashi may be cooler and Deidara may be…well, blonde-er, or whatever it is people see in him, but the show could go without them in a pinch. It couldn't go on without the would-be Sixth Hokage, though, which is why he snags this spot on the list.

I loved this quote from Naruto's description. IGN obviously isn't up to date on "Sasuke". :lol :lol :lol

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Kusagari said:
Sasuke may be tougher and Kakashi may be cooler and Deidara may be…well, blonde-er, or whatever it is people see in him, but the show could go without them in a pinch. It couldn't go on without the would-be Sixth Hokage, though, which is why he snags this spot on the list.

I loved this quote from Naruto's description. IGN obviously isn't up to date on "Sasuke". :lol :lol :lol

Wow they said this?

Itachi >>>>> Sasuke >>>>>>>>>> Naruto

The way the manga is going, they should just call it "Uchiha" or "Sasuke," Naruto has become nothing more than a whining bitch.

I can't believe they said the show could go on with Sasuke.

Tamanon

Banned
Eh, I actually like Naruto the most when he's not in full-on whine mode. Although I hated him at first, he really seems to be one of the few Jump characters to actually change as the story goes on.

Krev

Unconfirmed Member
God's Beard said:
This shit is so broken.

Oh, so it's not even a character ranking, it's a pop contest.

Here's what happens to the list when you take out the vacuous, one-dimensional characters:

Spike Spiegel
Motoko Kusanagi
Shinji Ikari

Great job, assholes.

Yes.

It's just as bad as every IGN list, really.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
This list is awful

I think Dragon Ball is a fine manga and all, but to award best character to somebody with no development whatsoever and give us the excuse of "well hes teh most powahful being in existenz lol!" I mean throughout the whole series the character does not change or go trough anything at all, hell he barely shows emotion as it is! Only in the last arc of the series does he show some shades of grey ...

List seems made by a fair weather anime fan.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
karasu said:
Goku is a goofy dumbass. If you want a badass, you list kenshiro.

Fuck you. Goku was goofy and was still a God. And when he came around serious shit he owned everyone.

Edit: And besides #1, the list sucks. Although +1 Respect for Kenshin up there.

Snaku

Banned
Goku, the real Goku (not the Superman English dub version), is easily top 5 material. I have absolutely no issue with him being number one.

But Rei Ayanami? How could you even call that a character?

Dresden

Snaku said:
Goku, the real Goku (not the Superman English dub version), is easily top 5 material. I have absolutely no issue with him being number one.

But Rei Ayanami? How could you even call that a character?

She did set the tone for the next twenty years, though. Almost every depressed, emotionless female character has blue hair and red eyes, or some variation of it. Rei's design was influential and she did have a character, although that got killed halfway through the series with a n2 mine. :lol

karasu

Black_Ice said:
Fuck you. Goku was goofy and was still a God. And when he came around serious shit he owned everyone.

FUck YOU! He didn't own anything. He made a bunch of shitty decisions while his friends died so he could make a spirit bomb or whatever. A fucking cow has more of a strategic mind than that guy. Take away his senzu steroids, his gimmicky time travel training, and the magic wishes that bring him back to life after his many failures and the guy couldn't beat Daniel-san from The Karate Kid. He's the ultimate loser.

Dresden

karasu said:
FUck YOU! He didn't own anything. He made a bunch of shitty decisions while his friends died so he could make a spirit bomb or whatever. A fucking cow has more of a strategic mind than that guy. Take away his senzu steroids, his gimmicky time travel training, and the magic wishes that bring him back to life after his many failures and the guy couldn't beat Daniel-san from The Karate Kid. He's the ultimate loser.

SSJ3

karasu said:

u mad?

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
karasu said:

GTFO

You don't see greatness.

You can never see greatness.

R.I.P. your ability to see greatness.

:lol

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Random comments...

DrForester said:
The guy is an archetype unto himself, so if we're talking Most Influential characters then yeah, he deserves to be pretty high up even if he did go on to do DBZ.
4. Spike Spiegel
<Matlock>AKA Lupin.</Matlock>
9. Sailor Moon (Sailor Moon)
Reinvented a genre, so yeah.
10. Rei Ayanami (Evangelion)
Poured gasoline on the wish fulfillment fire.
12. L (Death Note)
HE'S QUIRKY AND WEIRD
15. Arsene Lupin III (Lupin the Third)
Waaay too low.
18. Light Yagami (Death Note)
Swimming master who elevated the art of chip eating? Ok, I'll buy it.
21. Vegeta (Dragonball)
Ok, he's badass enough.
22. Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)
AKA Goku.
23. Lelouch Lamperouge (Code Geass)
AKA Light.

... no Ataru Moroboshi, or hell, any other Takahashi character?

No Lum or Ranma characters = Fail.

I am a big Rumiko Takahashi fanboy, and even then, I applaud for not putting that shit titular character from Inuyasha.

DanteFox

This is a pretty decent list. Goku at number 1 means that at least it doesn't automatically fail since it got the #1 spot correct. I'd have chosen this man as the naruto character on the list though:

rock_lee.jpg

oh yeah and Totoro also makes this list credible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom