• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Immortals of Aveum is likely to come to Game Pass and PlayStation Plus

Draugoth

Gold Member
maxresdefault.jpg

Speaking with Windows Central, Ascendant Studios CEO Bret Robbins is "pretty sure" the game will be brought to both subscription services. "Certainly, those services give you a wider funnel," he said. "More people might engage with the game, that's always good."

"We are talking to [Sony and Microsoft] about getting the game onto both of those services. We don't have a date yet, I'm pretty sure it's gonna happen, though."

Via GameReactor

Last edited:

xrnzaaas

The pricing & launch date for this game were both horribly wrong. I understand this is a bigger budget title, but I don't think you should make one if there's not enough market for it and if the publisher doesn't want to spend a lot of money promoting it. Definitely going to check it out when it appears in GP.

PanzerCute

The pricing & launch date for this game were both horribly wrong. I understand this is a bigger budget title, but I don't think you should make one if there's not enough market for it and if the publisher doesn't want to spend a lot of money promoting it. Definitely going to check it out when it appears in GP.
It indeed felt like EA sent it to die.

deriks

4-Time GIF/Meme God
I guess this game tries too hard to be cool

Maybe I try it on GP, but my expectation is low

Fbh

Wouldn't be surprising given that this is likely one of the biggest bombs of the past few years. EA is probably open to any way to get back some of the money they lost on this.

This ranked in like 26th place on the month it came out. It has an all time peak player count of only 751 people on Steam, that's even less than Gollum . For comparison even other games that seemingly no one cared about like Atlas Fallen at least had over 2000

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Well of course, it will be landing on EA Play in a month or two and automatically be on Game Pass, putting it on PS+ is also almost entirely a guaranteed thing.

azertydu91

Hard to Kill
As always people dislike what I like 💃

The game is fantastic and it deserves a second change. People hate on it because reasons most haven't even tried it....
I am somewhat curious about this game but not enough to buy it, it might be good but it doesn't looks good or different enough to warrant a buy and to increase my backlog.

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
maxresdefault.jpg

Speaking with Windows Central, Ascendant Studios CEO Bret Robbins is "pretty sure" the game will be brought to both subscription services. "Certainly, those services give you a wider funnel," he said. "More people might engage with the game, that's always good."

Via GameReactor

You just saved me $35.

Was debating on getting it on PS5 since it’s on sale but I can easily hold out now.

mrcroket

I feel like it's the kind of game that you only bought to test your new gpu or rig. All the UE 5 stuff with a lot of particles, reflections...

As always people dislike what I like 💃

The game is fantastic and it deserves a second change. People hate on it because reasons most haven't even tried it....
And when they do finally half-heartedly try it, it will be for 30 minutes then quit.

I bought this game knowing almost nothing about it and it was a lot of fun. It would have been worth full price.

I am somewhat curious about this game but not enough to buy it, it might be good but it doesn't looks good or different enough to warrant a buy and to increase my backlog.
You know gamers have a problem when they are weighing their options for which games to buy and then admittedly never play.

I’ve been really interested in this game but not at a 69.99 price. Game pass would be perfect for those who were patient I suppose.

Lokaum D+

People complain about there being no IPs while also ignoring new IPs unless it's a 10/10 banger.
well, make good new IPs i guess ?

Lies of P
Starfield
Sea of Stars
Hi-Fi Rush
Atomic Heart

are all 2023 new IPs and they are not 10/10 bangers, but they are really good or good games, the problem is that Immortal is trash through and through

Last edited:

Luipadre

After i tried the trial, no thanks, not even for free. Game doesnt even look good, the art is incredibly dull and the performance is awful on PS5.

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
It came out end of August. EA Play games are about 9-10 months after launch, unless it was a total flop which might 6 months.

So ballpark estimate is springtime 2024.

Embearded

Doesn't this affect any potential sales it might had before it joins the services? Why would the company CEO do that?

After i tried the trial, no thanks, not even for free. Game doesnt even look good, the art is incredibly dull and the performance is awful on PS5.

It's not bad on PS5 performance wise after recent update. I agree about the visuals tho. On one hand it does show a bit of what UE5 can do, on other hand it doesn't look that great overall. It def has its moments tho with some impressive lods like the intro level. You can see the bounce lighting in effect that most games lack.

It's a perfect gamepass or ps plus game

well, make good new IPs i guess ?

Lies of P
Starfield
Sea of Stars
Hi-Fi Rush
Atomic Heart

are all 2023 new IPs and they are not 10/10 bangers, but they are really good or good games, the problem is that Immortal is trash through and through
Pfft, some people are calling Starfield trash through and through. Most on that list have at least good word of mouth helping pushing sales yet it's still common to see people holding off on the unknown value of a new ip waiting for a sale down the road. Simply put - people are far less likely to support a new IP unless it really stands out making it more likely for studios to play it safe.

Top Bottom