• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Imputing the Switch 2 launch Lineup from September's Nintendo Direct.

Marvel14

Banned
My Predictions/Imputations:

At least one of these will launch at the same time as the console the other within 6-8 months of launch:
  • New 3D Mario (Odyssey 2, Galaxy 3 or Bowser's Fury 2- more likely a synthesis of these with new mechanics)
  • Mario Kart 9
Within the 12 month launch window:
  • Metroid Prime 4
  • Ring Fit 2 which will integrate with fitness watches
  • A new Astral Chain
  • A new IP like Arms ( or Arms 2 but unlikely)
  • ToTK DLC ( Switch 2 exclusive)
  • New Donkey Kong
  • New Mario Party
  • A Casual IP like Wii Sports.
  • A Mario sports game (baseball, basketball or soccer)
  • Windwaker HD
Third Party:
  • Elden Ring
  • Assasins Creed
  • Arkham Knight and Gotham Knights
  • Resident Evil something
  • Far Cry 6
  • Psychonauts
  • EA FC - finally ungimped
  • Control (native)
  • Red Dead Redemption 2 or RDR1 remake or GTAV
  • Hogwarts Legacy

Last edited:

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
Mario Kart 9 as a launch game would make the Switch 2 launch such an event. That team basically spent the entire gen cranking out DLC for MK8. It’s gotta be pretty far along. If they don’t run into too much trouble securing chips they will break every console launch record.

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
  • Metroid Prime 4
  • Ring Fit 2 which will integrate with fitness watches
  • A new Astral Chain
  • A new IP like Arms ( or Arms 2 but unlikely)
  • ToTK DLC ( Switch 2 exclusive)
  • New Donkey Kong
  • New Mario Party
  • A Casual IP like Wii Sports.
  • A Mario sports game (baseball, basketball or soccer)
  • Windwaker HD
lol

swag GIF by AfterThis

Last edited:

Jinzo Prime

It will get the next mainline Call of Duty, 10 year agreement and all that.

I'm also expecting some big Capcom support: SF6, Dragon's Dogma II, and Monster Hunter World 2.

If they really wanted to move some Elden Ring numbers, there is always the option to put armor and items from Zelda in it as exclusive content.

ADiTAR

ידע זה כוח
Launch, April '24:
  • Super Mario Sandbox (an open world 3D mario)
  • Arms 2
  • TotK 4K

Launch Window ('till Holiday)
  • Mario Kart X
  • Metroid Prime: Samus' Returns
  • Donkey Kong Kyoto
  • Mario Party
  • Splatoon 4K

A lot of this depends on backwards compatibility. If it isn’t BC, this could change what we all predict!

I kind of disagree with OP…. I’m no longer convinced a 3d Mario is the launch title. Definitely, launch window though. I agree that Something Mario will be at launch though.

I think MP4 is launch. I also think maybe Mario kart 9 is launch.

My best guess as of today. If Switch 2 launches Fall 2024 ( I’m still not convinced). This is what I expect the first 60-90 days to be…

Metroid prime 4
Casual IP
Mario kart 9

Second party

Xenoblade warriors

3rd parties

Resident evil or street fighter at launch

Mass effect trilogy or FFVIIR at launch

COD

Fortnite or honkai star rail

Minecraft

EA FC/madden/nba 2k

Star Wars

Lego

Rockstar game

Metal gear solid collection part 2

Persona 3R
Bomberman 2r

Something very casual. Hello Kitty island or similar.

Last edited:

IAmRei

XenoCX should be fine to hold things before Xenoblade sequels or prequels or anything...

Nyway i hope there will be last gen ports which still cannot ported yet in current switch

diffusionx

Gold Member
OP has one of the most reasonable "Nintendo speculation" posts I've ever seen. It might be too reasonable. Remember they came in guns blazing on the Switch, in the first calendar year we got Zelda, Splatoon 2, Mario, AND they threw in Xenoblade just to make it interesting. I think they will do this sort of thing again to convince people to jump on board, and as OP suggests, really try to get some big third party games. Call of Duty and GTA for sure.

Except they won't make TOTK DLC Switch 2 exclusive.

Metroid Prime 4 has to be Cross Gen though or everyone will be pissed

Outside of the standard outrage and clickbait articles/posts we see for any trivial thing that happens in the industry these days, I doubt most consumers would really care. If it is cross gen title, it'd probably be because Nintendo doesn't want to leave money on the table rather than them actually caring about fulfilling some "promise" they made when they announced the game way back in the year 1845.

Last edited:

Marvel14

Banned
I'm going to go out on a limb with a few more "out there" Predictions for the Super Switch:

- Mario 64 and Mario Sunshine remakes in one package.
- Mario Galaxy 2 HD remaster.
- Metroid Prime 2 and 3 Remaster
- Legend of Zelda Remake (moving from 2d to 3D) is the next mainline Zelda after TOTK.
- A Link Between Worlds and Link to the Past Remakes ( like Link's Awakening).
- Yoshi's Rubberdough World
- Luigi's Mansion 4
- Pikmin 5
-Super Duper Mario Party finally with decent online, and a revolving set of mini games ( an online offering like Tetris, Mario and Fzero)

Last edited:
Top Bottom