• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

inFAMOUS 2 |OT| Think Twice

Hazelhurst

lucius said:
looking forward to Move support in Oct.
If it's a good implementation, I can see them going back and patching in Move support for I2. I can't imagine what I2 is going to feel like with Move controls. Hopefully it's good, if not I'll just fall back to the DS3.

Loudninja

Hazelhurst said:
If it's a good implementation, I can see them going back and patching in Move support for I2. I can't imagine what I2 is going to feel like with Move controls. Hopefully it's good, if not I'll just fall back to the DS3.
Infamous 2 will have move support in October as well.

Thrakier

Combichristoffersen said:
Side missions, or UGC missions if you have completed all the side missions.

I barely get XP in side missions though...it's just like 35 or so most of the time. I don't get it either.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Radec said:
Does the Festival of Blood a DLC or will it came as a separate disk like RDR's Undead Nightmare ?
It's not being released on disc in NA, I don't know about the rest of the world. It's a stand alone game on PSN which doesn't need Infamous 2.

Radec

Fuzzy said:
It's not being released on disc in NA, I don't know about the rest of the world. It's a stand alone game on PSN which doesn't need Infamous 2.

Great. as I sold my I2 copy last month.
:p

Stay away from any potential sources of spoilers until you finish it. The evil ending is significantly different (and better IMO), you should experience the whole thing yourself :D

What are the chances of a PSN sale on the full game when Festival of Blood comes out or maybe a bundle?

Anyway, I played the demo last night and I was completely blown away. I think I'll wait for Festival of Blood though since its cheaper and stand alone (or at least thats my understanding)

Enosh

well finished it on good after finaly buying it
god dammit game you almost made me cry with that ending ^^

but I am missing a side mission, anyone know where to get the one in the last part that opens up, kinda top right near the docks or whatever they are, I found 2 guys there a while back and killed them, didn't "drop" anything, but now they won't respawn, maybe they will be there when I turn the game back on...

oh and the "easy going" "mission" was awesome

Enosh said:
well finished it on good after finaly buying it
god dammit game you almost made me cry with that ending ^^

but I am missing a side mission, anyone know where to get the one in the last part that opens up, kinda top right near the docks or whatever they are, I found 2 guys there a while back and killed them, didn't "drop" anything, but now they won't respawn, maybe they will be there when I turn the game back on...

oh and the "easy going" "mission" was awesome
Change island and then come back ...

Enosh

R_thanatos said:
Change island and then come back ...
well went to the other island and then back, they still didn't spawn, 2 of them ice guys iirc
idk, will leave the game on for about 30 mins on the other island and then check back

Loudninja said:
I like the say the VA for Cole is great mcuh better than the original to me.

I agree, Ladin does a great job.

I wonder how substantial Festival of Blood will be. A couple hours of gameplay and some DLC stuff or something like a seven hour campaign?

Corto

I've just now finished my good play through... Damn, what a great adventure this was! Loved the ending by the way! It really resonated with me. So many memorable missions, so many great powers, and Zeke? Man, Zeke has now a rightful place on the pantheon of sidekicks in videogames. Loved that the game tried and achieved to be more than just a cool sandbox game with great traversal mechanics, the characters were all great, even Nyx that I felt was just an exaggerated caricature on the end pulled it through...

I will buy the DLC on day one.

Mileena

Banned
NotTheGuyYouKill said:
I agree, Ladin does a great job.

I wonder how substantial Festival of Blood will be. A couple hours of gameplay and some DLC stuff or something like a seven hour campaign?
better have good trophies. Inf 2 is way too easy to plat.

Enosh said:
well went to the other island and then back, they still didn't spawn, 2 of them ice guys iirc
idk, will leave the game on for about 30 mins on the other island and then check back
if it's a mission given by ennemies , it's either :

you need to advance the story ( not your case )
you need to kill an ennemy , if you killed an ennemy but the mission didn't pop up then it's not that ennemy thatt give the mission ..( In teh last island , if i remember right some mission were given by the big ice ennemy as well )

Corto

Loudninja said:
Just got the
Ice Jump
such a fun power to us.

There is one even better that you'll get further along.
lightning tether
It completely changes the traversal of the environment making it even more enjoyable (a thing that I thought was impossible).

Corto

Mastperf said:
It felt like I was playing Smallville the game with every conduit but me being able to fly.

You glide though... hehehehe But yeah, trying to keep up with the other conduits was a humbling experience. ;)

Enosh

found that last side mission, had to dick around for a while for them to respawn, at least I also got the "unlocked all powers" trophy, was just a bit short on exp for this one which I got through collecting dead drops while waiting for them to respawn, so 2 bird with one stone ^^

Poetic

So I beat the game last night on Medium with my good run, I changed the difficulty to Hard. Saved. Then hit New Game, game starts up, as soon as I have control of Cole I open up the options and it says Hard.

Well, I play thru the first mission and I get the upgrade message that the game upgraded me to Hard. But I was already on hard I thought. I'm scared to keep playing and lose out on the trophy, did this happen to anyone else?

During that first mission when I disabled a turret I got 7 exp, doesn't it normally give 10?

chessnut

Poetic said:
So I beat the game last night on Medium with my good run, I changed the difficulty to Hard. Saved. Then hit New Game, game starts up, as soon as I have control of Cole I open up the options and it says Hard.

Well, I play thru the first mission and I get the upgrade message that the game upgraded me to Hard. But I was already on hard I thought. I'm scared to keep playing and lose out on the trophy, did this happen to anyone else?

During that first mission when I disabled a turret I got 7 exp, doesn't it normally give 10?

Hey! I beat it last night on medium as well. Don't know about the trophy thing, but I do remember turrets giving 10 exp on medium.

Poetic

Grrr, I'm pretty sure it was on hard already. Probably doesn't hurt to restart just to make sure...

I know I checked and it said hard though.

Let me say this first that Infamous is one of my favorite franchises this gen. However, in regards to I2, they biggest disappointment was constantly receiving new powers, all of which are to prepare you to fight the beast and when you fight him, you dont need to use anything really. I wish they made the final battle something in which you had to use everything you learned throughout the game, I think it would have been more satisfying it was was a HUGE letdown for me.

That said....

I cant wait until October!

Very much looking forward to the DLC coming soon, and i need to find the best UGC missions to play so i can get those trophies, i still havent finished on evil so i havent platted the game.

Does anyone know if you actually have to play the ENTIRE game on hard to get the trophie? as it isnt as specific as the hard trophie in the original Infamous.

Just got me the infamous bundle and wow... this game is awesome. I played the first and enjoyed it but damn. I'm loving 2 already and barely played but 40 minutes of it.

Oni Jazar said:
I saw that you can pre-order Festival of Blood on PSN.

Why the hell would you pre-order on PSN?
Sometimes they give you a bonus theme or DLC. I don't know why anyone would preorder this specifically as they didn't mention any kind of bonus.

Dragon

Banned
Oni Jazar said:
I saw that you can pre-order Festival of Blood on PSN.

Why the hell would you pre-order on PSN?

Sometimes they'll include something small for free, kinda like a Gamestop preorder. I preordered it because it was 8 bucks with plus.

Salz01 said:
Isn't there dlc for this yet? What happened to that?

Check out Festival of Blood, it's out later this month on PSN.

Haunted

Solid game! Doesn't really hit any super high notes but is consistently fun throughout.

The blast shard sensor was a good implementation.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Crewnh said:
Sometimes they give you a bonus theme or DLC. I don't know why anyone would preorder this specifically as they didn't mention any kind of bonus.
There's a free dynamic theme when you pre-order.

What an ending. Sucker Punch worked some voodoo to make an open world game with so much going on look as good as this did. Such a huge jump from 1 to 2.

Sucker Punch just became one of my favorite devs with this game. Hope we see infamous 3 before this gen is over.

lucius

Yeah my PS3 downloaded the Move patch, tried it out a bit getting a break from Uncharted 3 playing. It is really well done I would reccomend letting the tutorial play through to get use to it, also I prefer the beginner sensitivity, I kind of wish there was an option to adjust it somewhere in between standard and beginner but it still works well after 10 mins or so.

Top Bottom