• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

inFAMOUS 2 |OT| Think Twice

element

Shameless bump.

Sucker Punch is giving away inFAMOUS: Festival of Blood codes and Cole statues all week on Facebook and Twitter.

http://twitter.com/#!/SuckerPunchProd/status/149566750835474432

https://www.facebook.com/suckerpunchproductions

jeFyF7XSkv8pz.jpg
jbtLMl6y9AiD8x.jpg

Combichristoffersen

Combovers don't work when there is no hair
Bumpan tiem. I got a Move starter pack for Christmas, so I've played around with the Move controller + DS3 (since I haven't bought a Navi controller yet), and it worked perfectly fine in PlayStation Move Heroes (which came bundled with the Starter Pack), and when playing dance songs in SingStar. But I tried it in inFamous 2, and it's just a mess. The game keeps insisting that the controller is out of range of the camera, most of the time the game doesn't register what way I move the controller (which made those tesla arrow missions completely unplayable with the Move), and when it does register my movements it just keeps spinning the camera around. Also, camera movement and aiming feels much less precise compared to playing with a DS3. What am I doing wrong here?

Jharp

Finished the game last weekend with good ending. Manly tears were shed.

Blast of a game too, nearly 100%'d it, getting all blast shards, but I didn't cap every district and I was missing two dead drops. After finishing the game though, I couldn't go back in. Partly becuase I was wicked burned out on it after roughly 30 hours put in over 5 days, and partly because I have so much other shit to play. Already knee deep in Saint's Row 3 now, 70 hours and far more to go in Skyrim, and on the last few missions of Socom 4. And I just bought Dragon Age 2.

And don't get me started on all the shit I've bought through the steam sale.

Goddamn. I love having a full time job that pays me well because loadsamoney equals loadsagames, but having a full time job means so much less time to play them.

WHY MUST THE UNIVERSE IMPOSE SUCH CRUEL ULTIMATUMS ON ME

Just started playing this from my backlog.

Holy crap its a HUGE awesome freaking leap over Infamous 1.
Its like they raided the Naughty Dog offices for how to make things 'awesome'.

I'm loving this game. The combat mechanics are great, the story is fun. The missions are interesting and the User Generated Content reveals some clever gems.

its a great game and I am somewhat confused on why it wasn't more popular?
Was it just bad timing or lack of marketing?

Kak.efes

Finished this yesterday. I thought it did everything better than it's precursor, graphics, gameplay - as far as the traversal, and combat, as well as the new powers. Strangely enough though, I still prefer the first. I don't know why. Highly enjoyable nonetheless.

crispyben

I just went back to this 6 months after my Good-Normal playthrough, and this time I went Evil-Hard for the Platinum trophy, which was a blast from start to finish. Those Hellfire Rockets are really something! They kind of break the game though, even the biggest enemies are done for after one full volley.

I really liked how different both endings where, and even though I has spoiled myself on the Evil one, it still remained very potent and awesome. I wonder which one will be canon when they do InFamous 3...

I really love this game, but I feel like I was way way stronger by the end of Infamous 1 then 2. There was some changes that overall made me feel weaker, but that was for balance I guess?

Regular bolt costing energy, unable to recharge while grinding (I miss this so much), and Lighting Storm was very disappointing.

I'm not a fan of all the power options since I only use the best ones for all types. I prefer the Infamous 1 upgrade approach since it made me so powerful, especially with the rockets and shockwave.

The game over all is still a lot better then Infamous 1 though. I'll platinum this game soon.

I just went back to this 6 months after my Good-Normal playthrough, and this time I went Evil-Hard for the Platinum trophy, which was a blast from start to finish. Those Hellfire Rockets are really something! They kind of break the game though, even the biggest enemies are done for after one full volley.

I really liked how different both endings where, and even though I has spoiled myself on the Evil one, it still remained very potent and awesome. I wonder which one will be canon when they do InFamous 3...

Good ending should be canon unless they want to make a even bigger game or change heroes.
Both endings arebincredible i just want a sequel (or aprequel with kessler )

I bought this back when it launched but I never got around to starting it. I'll be doing so shortly.

I'm curious if they ever tweaked any of the things people were complaining about right after it was released? Weaker standard lightning shots, ubber annoying RPG dudes on rooftops, etc.

Combichristoffersen

I bought this back when it launched but I never got around to starting it. I'll be doing so shortly.

I'm curious if they ever tweaked any of the things people were complaining about right after it was released? Weaker standard lightning shots, ubber annoying RPG dudes on rooftops, etc.

They fixed the bullshit enemy aim accuracy, yeah.

And added a bunch of really annoying enemies towards the end of the game.

I recently got the Hero Edition from Best Buy's online sale. I'm hoping after I finish Skyward Sword I'll have time to get a good chunk of the game under my belt now that the GOTY voting deadline has been extended. I played through the "good" path on the original, so I'm thinking I'll probably go with "bad" Issac this time around.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
I bought the first one when it came out, but never played it all that much. I ended up getting this really cheap. So, should I bother with the first game, or just play 2?

Kayo-kun

I finished Infamous 2 a couple of days ago and I believe it was a great game. I prefer it over the first one since Sucker Punch have pretty much improved on everything. The only aspect I'd like to see even more improvement on is the melee combat. I bought the Festival of Blood DLC right away and can't wait to play through it. I've only heard good things about it so far =)

I bought the first one when it came out, but never played it all that much. I ended up getting this really cheap. So, should I bother with the first game, or just play 2?

You should play the first one first, Infamous 1 is still great and aged well, but 2 is much better so it would be hard to go back to the first one. Plus the plot twist in the end of 1 is great and it would be a bad idea to waste it by playing 2 first. You should really consider playing 2 with a PS Move if you like using a pointer controller for your shooters, Sucker Punch did a really great job.

Combichristoffersen

if this game difficult? and can you drop the difficultly midway through the game?

I played it on easy, and it wasn't all that hard. Some enemies late in the game are annoying because they're 'bullet sponges', but nothing that can't be dealt with. Difficculty can be adjusted during the game, yeah.

An-Det

I'll be doing this soon. I did Good-Normal at launch, and I loved the game. I platinumed the first game and I plan to do it again with I2 after an Evil-Hard.

I played it on easy, and it wasn't all that hard. Some enemies late in the game are annoying because they're 'bullet sponges', but nothing that can't be dealt with. Difficculty can be adjusted during the game, yeah.

was it still a challenge though? When I played Infamous 1 I lowered it from normal to easy when I got to the second part of the city because I felt things were getting too cheap.

Also is it true the regular lightening attack from Infamous 1 now uses up the bolt meter?

Combichristoffersen

was it still a challenge though? When I played Infamous 1 I lowered it from normal to easy when I got to the second part of the city because I felt things were getting too cheap.

Also is it true the regular lightening attack from Infamous 1 now uses up the bolt meter?

The standard attack does use electricity, yeah. And you can no longer drain electricity by grinding wires.

As for challenge, it was fine for me. I play most games on easy nowadays as I don't really have the time to spend on playing games on higher difficulties.

The standard attack does use electricity, yeah. And you can no longer drain electricity by grinding wires.

As for challenge, it was fine for me. I play most games on easy nowadays as I don't really have the time to spend on playing games on higher difficulties.

so how do you reload? and that sucks that the standard attack uses elec now

Mikey Jr.

Just picked up Infamous 2. Loved Infamous 1.

I'm only in about 3-4 hours, but my God, whoever was in charge of sound should be fucking fired.

-The music is fucking terrible. There is like 1 good song/theme. Everything else is like this mellow jazz/bass guitar thing. Fucking terrible. It honestly sounds like it should be in a horror film, not in an action/adventure game.

-The city sounds dead. I can stand in the middle of the street, and literally hear nothing.

I'm not a big audiophile, and sound/music is usually the last thing I would rate in what I would want in a game, but my God. This is a complete fuck up.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
-The music is fucking terrible. There is like 1 good song/theme. Everything else is like this mellow jazz/bass guitar thing. Fucking terrible. It honestly sounds like it should be in a horror film, not in an action/adventure game.
Yeah, this was the most disappointing aspect of the game for me. Amon Tobin handled the original inFamous soundtrack and it was quite memorable while the sequel hasn't presented a single compelling song to me throughout my playtime.

Yeah, this was the most disappointing aspect of the game for me. Amon Tobin handled the original inFamous soundtrack and it was quite memorable while the sequel hasn't presented a single compelling song to me throughout my playtime.

At least the music in the credits is nice.

About 6-7 hours into this and loving it. It is being criminally overlooked on end-of-year lists.

First of all, I have to completely disagree on the music. Several tracks have stood out to me, and I love the jazz / new orleans influence. I would have pointed out the music as a highlight even before it was mentioned in this thread.

I LOVE how there is no "abilitease" in this game and you have things like the grenades and hover/grind abilities immediately. The worst part of doing my evil run in Infamous 1 was the lack of hover and grind during the first few hours. Wish I had those homing missles back, though. :)

Here's the best thing: the traversal mechanics in this game are brilliant. Open world games live and die by this measure, and Sucker Punch nails it. The aforementioned grinding and hovering are fun and effective. One downside -- I like the vertical boost pipes, but they are not "sticky" enough in the climbing algorithm so it often takes me a few tries to get on one. By that time I could have just climbed up. Cole needs some kind of super-jump ability (maybe there is one? i haven't unlocked everything). Also, Cole's running speed is just right. Fast enough to make running a viable option (reducing the frustration of falling off a building), but with a great animation that makes the speed seem realistic.

It also starts you out with one of my favorite video game moves, which is, for lack of a better term, the "ground pound" area-effect move. I tried it before the tutorial even mentioned it, and was totally pleased with the results.

Love this game. Already on board for 3 if they make it. :)

I'm about an hour in and so far it's not grabbing me like the original did. The story seems a bit all over the place and I'm not liking the new voice actor for Cole. Zeke seems different as well, but it's been too long since I played the first game to put my finger on why.

Combat/traversal is as fluid as ever. Good fun.

The setting is quite interesting, too, although the city lacks personality at the moment I think. It's a bit bland.

I'm about an hour in and so far it's not grabbing me like the original did. The story seems a bit all over the place and I'm not liking the new voice actor for Cole. Zeke seems different as well, but it's been too long since I played the first game to put my finger on why.

The setting is quite interesting, too, although the city lacks personality at the moment I think. It's a bit bland.

I'm sorry what ??
New marais is based on a setting that is diverse like few have in a signle city .
Disliking the setting is one thing but not finding it ??

i'd suggest you give it more time then (the city this time has colors !! unlike empire city )

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.

The city is much more interesting than the city in the first game but both do feel bland.

I'm sorry what ??
New marais is based on a setting that is diverse like few have in a signle city .
Disliking the setting is one thing but not finding it ??

i'd suggest you give it more time then (the city this time has colors !! unlike empire city )

New Orleans is a great idea for a setting (I love the HBO show Treme), but so far nothing has really jumped out at me. Granted, I've spent most of the time on rooftops, but everything on the ground has just been, well, pretty bland streets.

As the poster above said, the city in the first game wasn't really spectacular, either.

Card Boy

Banned
Just clocked it on a good playthrough. Excellent game, I still don't like it how they gave Cole Ice and Fire powers, Cole to me was always 'that Lightning Superhero' the Ice and Fire powers takes away from that identity.

I wonder if there will be a inFamous 3 after that ending?

Also i'm thinking about picking this up.
51w73nFycSL._SS500_.jpg

I still cant belive Sony hasn't exploited inFamous that much. There is so much more comics they can do.

Just recently platinumed Infamous 1 and am now looking at Infamous 2. Kind of don't want to buy it immediately, because I just did everything in the first game so I'm afraid of feeling burnt out as soon as I get part 2.

But I kind of really want more Infamous.

Combichristoffersen

Just recently platinumed Infamous 1 and am now looking at Infamous 2. Kind of don't want to buy it immediately, because I just did everything in the first game so I'm afraid of feeling burnt out as soon as I get part 2.

But I kind of really want more Infamous.

Get inFamous: Festival of Blood then. It's short, sweet and arguably actually better than inFamous 2.

So since my last post I've put time into it and I'm liking it a lot more. I'm nearly done with the first area now and I'm pretty powerful.

I think why I wasn't impressed with the first hour or two was down to two things:

1) I was remembering how awesome inFamous was when I had all the powers, and being stripped of them was just dull. Now I've got my powers back (and I assume I'm going to get different types soon because of the way the story) I'm having a lot more fun and it's as exciting as I remember the first game being.

2) The story is really crap and kinda drops you in the middle of it. I'm not sure if the big monster thing was mentioned at the end of the first game, because it's been like over two years and all I can remember of the end is that it was you from the future, but the way it just throws you in to this situation and a new town felt abrupt. Now that the story is pacing itself a bit better and I'm starting to connect with the characters again (I can already see some big choices about them on the horizon) it's a lot more enjoyable to do the main missions, kill the birds for the interviews, etc etc.

I also do think the city has a lot more personality than I originally gave it credit for, mostly because I've visited the more rundown area which definitely has a unique feel. When I'm in the main part of the city I'm just running from rooftop to rooftop, but there I'm more in the streets and it feels quite slummy. I hope there's more areas that captures that feeling.

So, yeah, the game has clicked with me and I'm really loving it.

My only issue? About half a dozen times now I've gone to heal civilians and I've glitched through the floor and died. Really sucks.

Top Bottom