• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

inFAMOUS 2 |OT| Think Twice

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
lucius said:
Yeah my PS3 downloaded the Move patch, tried it out a bit getting a break from Uncharted 3 playing. It is really well done I would reccomend letting the tutorial play through to get use to it, also I prefer the beginner sensitivity, I kind of wish there was an option to adjust it somewhere in between standard and beginner but it still works well after 10 mins or so.

You'll eventually go for expert anyway. Just need to get used to it. The camera is painfully slow on beginner by the way, especially pitch.

Just checked this out after having finished FoB with Move and noticed a few things.

- Swinging between buildings with the lightning tether is a bit easier since you have a cursor on-screen even when not aiming.

- Move sphere goes red or blue depending on karma. :) (it's always red in FoB)

spats

deim0s said:
I saw this on the shelf earlier... Should I start with the first game or I'd be fine with the second installment?

inFamous 2 is a great improvement over the original in a lot of areas but that doesn't make inFamous any less awesome. They're both really good games.

Bebpo

Banned
Just finished this (late to the party) and I gotta gush over how GOOD this game was. I mean I really enjoyed Infamous, but this game felt like a nice leap over it in every department.

First of all, the visuals are GORGEOUS. The art design in this game is incredible. Infamous was my first Sucker Punch game and I had no idea their artists were capable of this. The game reminds me of God of War 3 in that it has this "looks like a painting/comic" look. The skyboxes are some of the best I've seen and the parts where debris of various colors are flying around as you move...it looks insane. But most of all just the pure COLOR everywhere. The various times of day lighting and strong color push from characters to enemies to buildings to signs makes the game such a fresh breath of air compare to all the drab "realistic" looking games out there. Even the character models during the in-game cutscenes looked truly excellent. Visuals were 10/10 for me.

The MUSIC as well was also far better than I expected. There were a lot of great mission songs and it really added a lot to the set pieces and story scenes. Even just traversing with the atmospheric music was nice.

And the gameplay. Man, the combat is so good! I love how many options you have between all the powers and using the environment. That combined with all the different types of enemies (and there were surprisingly a lot!) made combat a ton of fun. Only thing I didn't like was having to watch the giant iceman falling death sequence each time because it's a bit too long. The ice enemies were really fun to fight! It was cool playing against super villain kind of characters with my own superhero powers; was like I was playing a Marvel sandbox game.

The missions were good. The side missions were REALLY good. 90% of them were very fun and there were quick and bite-sized so it was fun to just run around and blow through a bunch of them expanding your territory. The main missions started off a little slow but about when
Nix
shows up they start getting good and interesting. I only wish the BIG boss enemies could have been a little more challenging to reflect that they are massive story bosses. They had really simple patterns.

The powers and karma choice missions were awesome. I loved how the game made traversal, which was already fast and great compared to most sandbox games, EVEN BETTER when you get
super hover & [good karma]ice launch.
I was moving around the city so fast it was crazy and it also made the game just so much fun because navigation was quick, combat was quick, side missions were quick, and there was lots to do. I even got all the blast shards and dead drops and everything, even though I normally never go for 100% collectibles in games. It was just fun here!

Story was good too. I thought the
Beast twist
was pretty interesting and I liked the character development between the cast. Some of the cutscenes were really nicely directed like the one where Cole and Zeke drink beer and then he uses the blast shard while Zeke sleeps. I thought the character development was much better than the first even if the actual story was pretty light this time around in content. The ending was kind of surprising and I dunno if I like it, but at least it was something different. I think a
generic hollywood ending that saves everyone, while being generic, would have actually been more satisfying for a colorful fun game like this.

Length seemed good and the city was a nice size and had a lot of variety. Really liked the neon lights area and the flooded town areas. Replay value seems good between being able to play as the opposite karma and the UGC missions which I did a handful and they're ok, but don't really compare to the main missions.

Overall the game was just pure fun while looking gorgeous and sounding great. Had a blast from start to finish and really wouldn't change a thing except that I had a bunch of hard crashes throughout when exiting the start menu after changing powers and one or two just running around the city; luckily the game auto-saved a lot!

I'd put this up with Assassin's Creed 2 and Red Dead Redemption as my favorite sandbox experience this gen. Sucker Punch has made me a fan with Infamous 2 and I can't wait to play whatever they put out next! (will play Festival of Blood in 3-6 months after I give this time to cool)

Just liek LBP , after the rush i see more good UGC mission , i guess the rating system and teh time to make good thing pay off . There are some exceptionnal UGC mission out there ..and i seems to remember that SP made a list of favorites..you should check it out

Combichristoffersen

Combovers don't work when there is no hair
deim0s said:
I saw this on the shelf earlier... Should I start with the first game or I'd be fine with the second installment?

Both are pretty good. inFamous 2 improves on the original in some areas (graphics, combat and enemy aggression), while it is worse than the original in others (mainly story and boss encounters). You can play inFamous 2 without having played the first game, but inFamous 1 is still a good game, so you should give that one a try too.

BatmanX

God damn, my ps3 is freezing when the end credits are rolling out :( I can't get the final trophy

Is this a common problem ? Btw AWESOME game, my favorite this year so far waiting for u3 and batman to be played

BatmanX said:
God damn, my ps3 is freezing when the end credits are rolling out :( I can't get the final trophy

Is this a common problem ? Btw AWESOME game, my favorite this year so far waiting for u3 and batman to be played
Does the game have a trophy for watching the credits? Or does it just not give out the game completion trophy til after them?

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Ken Masters said:
some idiot ruined the ending this game in the infamous 1 thread,
he dies in the end
, is the story still worth checking out?
It's a great game. The story is one of the weaker points.

Ken Masters said:
some idiot ruined the ending this game in the infamous 1 thread,
he dies in the end
, is the story still worth checking out?

Actually that spoiler is only true depending on how you play ( there are 2 endings ). And even so even if i find the endings very weel executed ..the road leading to them was more the meat of the game for me .. Depending on how you play you could not reach this ending at all and there are reasons that you should be aware of in the infamous universe , especially if you've played the first game ( answers about the main ennemy , info about infamous 1 main ennemy , and various other things .. )

BatmanX

BruiserBear said:
Does the game have a trophy for watching the credits? Or does it just not give out the game completion trophy til after them?

It doesn't give me the gold trophy for finishing the game ::(

I wonder if maybe erasing the patch would help

no online pass for infamous.
Ugc is activated once you reach a moment in the game. You need to be online and that's it ..the choices will pop up on the map

R_thanatos said:
no online pass for infamous.
Ugc is activated once you reach a moment in the game. You need to be online and that's it ..the choices will pop up on the map

Thanks, after the fight I will take the game home for 25 bucks.

Purchased the game only because I wanted too play with the "MOVE" and wow this game is great with the "MOVE". And it is so pretty compared to the Infamous 1.

Smellycat

I Just started playing this game and now I am on Chapter 6. And now all of the sudden I am having sound issues. Sometimes the music doesn't kick in and sometimes I get a call but no one talks. Is this a common issue? Is my copy broken or something?

I tried to load up a different file and the same problem occured.

this isn't your personnal board try waiting for more than 30 minutes before asking "anyone ?".

But anyway the problem is either -your copy, your hard drive , your disk . no it's not a common issue

Smellycat

R_thanatos said:
this isn't your personnal board try waiting for more than 30 minutes before asking "anyone ?".

But anyway the problem is either -your copy, your hard drive , your disk . no it's not a common issue
And I guess it is your personal board since you are telling me what I can and can't do. I am just frustrated because I want to play the game. What is wrong with putting a follow up question?

Smellycat

Fuzzy said:
I don't remember that ever happening to me.
I just played sonic generations, and I didn't have any problems with it. I have googled this problem and it seems that other people have experienced the same thing. I tried some solutions but nothing has worked. Weird

Smellycat said:
And I guess it is your personal board since you are telling me what I can and can't do. I am just frustrated because I want to play the game. What is wrong with putting a follow up question?
don't you know that you can edit ? POsting several times in a row to bump a thread without ever waiting for a reply is LAME IMO , but do continue , .i'm not a mod , so once they 'll tell you maybe you'll listen.

52club

I remember really enjoying the first Infamous, but some of the missions in this game really make me want to stop playing. I just finished the one where you had to use the same cap to stop three fires. It was just terrible.

I'm not going to go back and play Infamous, but for those that have recently I'm curious if any of the missions where this terrible.

AndyD

aka andydumi
Whoa, this has been sitting on my desk for a while and started it last night.

It looks so much better than 1. But the voice for Cole is pretty bad.

And are there no longer areas I need to liberate? I spent about an hour on the first island so far. I still cant get over how satisfying it is to blow up the multi level porches from under enemies.

And I read something about Infamous 1 import of stuff. I dont see an option anywhere. Is it before I start a game?

Kyon

Banned
Whoa, this has been sitting on my desk for a while and started it last night.

It looks so much better than 1. But the voice for Cole is pretty bad.

And are there no longer areas I need to liberate? I spent about an hour on the first island so far. I still cant get over how satisfying it is to blow up the multi level porches from under enemies.

And I read something about Infamous 1 import of stuff. I dont see an option anywhere. Is it before I start a game?
It's the same voice actor...........

HardRojo

It's the same voice actor...........

Is it? He sounds different and I read an article some time ago about why Sucker Punch decided to replace the voice actor for Cole, they thought he sounded too raspy and grumpy but I actually think his voice on the first game suited him perfectly.

Kyon

Banned
Is it? He sounds different and I read an article some time ago about why Sucker Punch decided to replace the voice actor for Cole, they thought he sounded too raspy and grumpy but I actually think his voice on the first game suited him perfectly.
Idk it sounds the same XD

I agree, the VO for Cole in inFamous 2 was great. Initially I was skeptical since I loved the first one so much... but after some time running around that shit hole city I remember being consistently impressed with both Cole and Zeke's voice actors. Nicely done.

Finished this the other day. The game didn't initially grab me as the original did, but I soon warmed up to it. Cole's new voice actor also won me over by the end, and I really like the way they handled the characters, especially the relationship between Cole and Zeke.

Thank God "Blast Shard Sense" was included; I had to print off a map for the original and hunt for the last 2 or 3 shards. Here, it was nice and easy, and I pretty much had 298 by the end of the game.

While mostly everything was improved over the original, I thought Empire City was a better location than New Marais, and the method of restoring electricity to the powered down zones was not as fun. Granted, small complaints aside, inFAMOUS 2 was a great time. I'd be really interested to see where they go next.

I still have an evil~hard playthrough in the pipeline, but I think I'm done for the time being.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
So what is it about this game vs. the first one that didn't let it catch on in the same way? I know I personally didn't enjoy this one as much, but why is it? I feel like it's not just me who feels that, but maybe I'm wrong.

The game looks a lot better and is larger, but I feel:
a) the decision to have the basic bolt use up energy was a mistake
b) the characters are all obnoxiously annoying
c) the enemies are not fun to fight at all
d) no good villain
e) flood town is crappy
f) ice villains are just awful

Anyone else feel this way? Is the DLC better (Festival)?

The move controls work really well btw.

Dragon

Banned
So what is it about this game vs. the first one that didn't let it catch on in the same way? I know I personally didn't enjoy this one as much, but why is it? I feel like it's not just me who feels that, but maybe I'm wrong.

d) no good villain
e) flood town is crappy

I just think because it's so much bigger that it takes forever to do some things. You don't get that electric hook power until late in the game.

The DLC adds a power where you can basically fly across the map, which makes things so much easier. I liked the DLC better than the actual game.

Combichristoffersen

d) no good villain
e) flood town is crappy

Festival is great. Overall I liked inFamous 2, but I think the first one might have been a tad better (and I agree with your list), but at least they toned down the bullshit enemy aim accuracy for I2.

d) no good villain
e) flood town is crappy

Completely agree with a, c (specifically the mini bosses), d.

A was a horrible decision no two ways about it, to add to that not being able to regain power from grinding was also a big misstep.

I'm surprised about D,
John coming back and trying to persuade Cole to kill normal people like him would have been a great villain, but instead you see him once and then at the endgame,
they missed the opportunity to flesh him out.

d) no good villain
e) flood town is crappy

a) They probably wanted people to change their way and try melee moves more often ( since those were upgraded )
b) i didn't feel that way ..Zeke is the redeemed of the group but , the Kuo /nix tension was well done IMO
c) Some ennemies are a real pain if you don't know how to fight them ( and except the vilain transformed states they don't have a ( PLEASE HIT ME GLOWING ZONE )) MOst are armored ad offensive it's fun to figure out th ebest way to take them down .. They feel like ennemies, not just things to score.
d)
bertrand build-up was fine , but this ( true )motivations was a let down .. he should have stayed a true conduit racists unable to accept change that is coming in front of his eyes , intead of man wanting power #12468431 It would have made the clash of ideals between him and cole even better
e)flood town is a nice change of pace considering that the level is not "NEUTRAL" to cole ..it forces the player to be careful while travelling and you probably never die from a fall
f) see c)

AndyD

aka andydumi
the import data should i have been prompted at the start of the game .
( it check trophy data , not save data )

Hmm, I had nothing. I put it in, started updates, then when i came back it was sitting at the lightning screen with a start button. Then it started. I will start the game over then, just a few hours is no biggie.

Finally got around to buying this, wondering for my trophy run when I play the game on the hardest difficulty, should play as "good" or "evil"?

When I played the first game I figured I should use Evil on my hard run as I could indiscriminately blow anything and everything up and not have to worry about my rep accidentally changing to good. But I seem to remember the game being a lot harder during my evil run, especially when trying to get enough xp for the unlocks.

Finally got around to buying this, wondering for my trophy run when I play the game on the hardest difficulty, should play as "good" or "evil"?

When I played the first game I figured I should use Evil on my hard run as I could indiscriminately blow anything and everything up and not have to worry about my rep accidentally changing to good. But I seem to remember the game being a lot harder during my evil run, especially when trying to get enough xp for the unlocks.

EVIL for last ... when you're on hard you do not want to have to wonder about casualities ..
For infamous 2 , you'll still get enough xp for the unlock because there are much much more side quests this time .

I'd recomand doing an evil hard run but not clearing the last island side quest ( still do the evil sidequest ). finish the game on hard , turn difficulty to easy , do the rest of the sidequests + UGC missions. you'll have no problems for xp ..

If you did a clean good run and then a clean evil run , you'll get everything you need while roaming to get the last trophies. - Do all the side quests on good side to unlock BLAST SHARD SENSE , get all the shards ( freaking easy ) and go EVIL for the rest

SykoTech

A shame to hear that people find the characters annoying. I've yet to play i2, but one of my biggest problems with the first game was how unlike the cast was. Hoped i2 had improved the characters, but it's not sounding like it. Sucker Punch made a lot of good characters in the Sly Cooper series. Not sure what's going on with this franchise.

Still looking forward to playing it though, but it will be hard to care about the story if all of the characters still suck.

Zeke is improved and your 2 heroines choices are set on their goals and charismatic..characters are more diverse this time and there are much more variables in play during the story ..

It's an improvement no doubt about it ..

SykoTech

Zeke is improved and your 2 heroines choices are set on their goals and charismatic..characters are more diverse this time and there are much more variables in play during the story ..

I had honestly forgotten about the new female partners. I found Trish to be one of the worst ones in inFamous 1, so them being better would be a major plus for me.

Combichristoffersen

I actually liked Zeke better in I1 (at least he had a personality there), and the females are kinda eh in I2 (but far better than that whiny whore Trish from the first game).

Also, I1 had a better villain.

I actually liked Zeke better in I1 (at least he had a personality there), and the females are kinda eh in I2 (but far better than that whiny whore Trish from the first game).

Also, I1 had a better villain.

Zeke want to restore things he has lost ..he is actually a pivotal piece of the story as opposed to the jealous guy that just got in your way from before ..

BUt yeah vilains in I1 were better . bertrand was a let down ..

At least the end missions are totally different and far better in scope ...

Top Bottom