• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Infamous: Second Son |OT| Smells Like Beanie Spirit

Mozz-eyes

Banned
I went through a terribly cringe-worthy beanie wearing period when I was 17/18.

I'm sure this game will bring back repressed memories and I shall weep and curse my younger self as I surf along rails and shoot neon out of my fingers.

Milennia

i can't believe i missed this OT going up =/ super hyped.
i love infamous, my favorite current sony exclusive series.

can't wait.

Rozart

Amazing OT. That Cerny Fragrance bottle made me laugh.

EDIT: Just read the Nate Fox part. OP, you are the best.

anthym

Neo Member
iw8yPXSrc743T.png
i7kZscjM7PKG2.png
iCcuRf71QkYbx.png
i272cRwNbU2mR.png
i4HXaJpwiVUDh.png
ihg1EdFcQAfIQ.png
w8yPXSrc743T
i3C1nfKeU49eA.png
ikKiU59iwU6aD.png
iyiJnt7mnn1xy.png

You will get a beanie whether you like it or not!

You are the fucking man

Horseticuffs

Full werewolf off the buckle
I usually spoil every piece of media for myself before I enjoy it just out of policy. For some reason, this one particular time, I haven't totally. I think I've read two secret powers semi-accidentally, but I'm not absolutely sure about one of them and I bet there's probably more than I what I've read.

I still know almost nothing of the story and I'm pretty stoked for that.

Majanew

Banned
I'm not sure if I like or dislike the GAF magazine approach. I like that the OP doesn't read like it was paid by the publisher but, it just feels... meh. :p

Second Son will be the first game I've bought since launch!

wapplew

I usually spoil every piece of media for myself before I enjoy it just out of policy. For some reason, this one particular time, I haven't totally. I think I've read two secret powers semi-accidentally, but I'm not absolutely sure about one of them and I bet there's probably more than I what I've read.

I still know almost nothing of the story and I'm pretty stoked for that.

Edit:Sorry, I think its wrong to discuss or tease leak here.

SeanR1221

I'm not sold on the game at all. I predict a 79 Metacritic score.

I'd love te be proven wrong though.

I'll throw in my prediction of 85. I think it will look and play great but won't be anything revolutionary.

Still extremely excited though. I feel like it's my first real next gen game.

Kyoufu

I'm not sold on the game at all. I predict a 79 Metacritic score.

I'd love te be proven wrong though.

These Metacritic posts make me laugh every time. There are a lot of games that aren't very high on Metacritic but are still fantastic games. Stop using Metacritic as a metric for quality.

wotta

These Metacritic posts make me laugh every time. There are a lot of games that aren't very high on Metacritic but are still fantastic games. Stop using Metacritic as a metric for quality.

Agreed. It's one persons opinion. The only people scores benefit are the websites that get hits from them. They aren't a great metric for understanding how good a game is. If you really want to know how good a game is, read the words, not the score.

MercuryLS

Banned
As someone who didn't care for the previous Infamous games, I'm super hyped for this. I know Sucker Punch makes great games from the Sly games (which I loved), just couldn't get into Infamous 1/2, the characters, story, and bland/drab world did nothing for me. It's surpassing how compelling the new one looks to me, I even like the beanie wearing douchebag Delsin. Can't wait for friday.

Even though I found InFamous 2 lacking I'm pretty hyped for this. I really, really hope that standard attacks don't run out of power anymore like I2.

Kyoufu

Even though I found InFamous 2 lacking I'm pretty hyped for this. I really, really hope that standard attacks don't run out of power anymore like I2.

As far as I can tell, powers slowly regenerate (though that could just be a preview demo thing).

At the very least, dash is always free so you can always dash to a resource and drain it.

Horseticuffs

Full werewolf off the buckle
Those two kinda fake, you are save.

Man, I don't know whether to be happy or sad. The two I read were kind of mind-blowing to think of as "Super powers". I really love how they turn shit like "Smoke" and "Neon" into super powers.That's pretty innovative, in my book.

Man, I don't know whether to be happy or sad. The two I read were kind of mind-blowing to think of as "Super powers". I really love how they turn shit like "Smoke" and "Neon" into super powers.That's pretty innovative, in my book.

The new power will make up for it, don't worry.

wapplew

Edit:Sorry, I think its wrong to discuss or tease leak here.

Loudninja

Don't worry the 3rd power is beyond awesome.

spoonman

Banned
Wow,very impressive work for a parody mag! :)

I was wondering if this was a real mag for a second (before reading any of it mind you) and I came up with a real GAFF magazine.
This blows that out of the water though. Hehe

b41155aab44d1d137e1ba4aa4f92a1ea

Grisby

Nice OT. Going to take a break from Dark Souls when I get my hands on this. That, plus Titanfall has already made my year.

I'm curious to see where the story goes. Having played through the original Infamous just under a month or so ago it will be crazy to see the jump in graphics.

Top Bottom