• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Infinity Nikki was the most popular State of Play Game Reveal

Draugoth

Gold Member
infinity-nikki-supera-monster-hunter-wilds-como-o-jogo-mais-visto-do-state-of-play-108612.webp

The most recent State of Play, broadcast on May 30, featured PlayStation Studios productions and several Western projects, including Monster Hunter: Wilds and Silent Hill 2 remake. However, there's one game that's arousing the most curiosity, a name you probably didn't expect to see as State of Play's most popular.

Infinity Nikki by Infold Games, a Singaporean company with offices in Japan and the United States, is an open-world action, fantasy and fashion RPG, confirmed for PS5 at the most recent State of Play, through a trailer that has become the most popular on PlayStation's official YouTube channel.

At the time of writing, the Infinity Nikki trailer has over 1.5 million views, ahead of Monster Hunter: Wilds, with over 1 million views, and Astro Bot, the third most popular game with over 756,000 views. It's an impressive figure and shows just how much this adorable game is getting talked about.

Infinity Nikki - 1.5 million
Monster Hunter Wilds - 1 million
Astro Bot - 756 thousand
Concord Gameplay Trailer - 330 thousand
Where the Winds Meet - 308 thousand
Dynasty Warriors: ORIGINS - 289 thousand
Silent Hill 2 Remake - 223 thousand
Ballad of Antara - 203 thousand
Until Dawn Remake - 180 thousand
Concord Cinematic Trailer - 170 thousand
Marvel Rivals - 160 thousand
Alien Rogue Incursion - 153 thousand
God of War: Ragnarok - 125 thousand
Path of Exile 2 - 94 thousand
Skydance Behemoth - 90 thousand

Source

Last edited:

Punished Miku

Human Rights Subscription Service
It certainly looks unique. I'm interested. They have more to do to sell me fully on it, but it looks good.

Definitely has potential to appeal to a broad group I think. Men, women, younger gamers, creeps, eastern gamers.

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch

playtest sign up available right now
PC only for the moment, does not support iOS and Android (yet).

CamHostage

Blimey I wouldn't have predicted that!

A few might have been able to predict this, actually. The Nikki games are huge, GAFers have never known about them but I've been in more than one casual conversation where two females suddenly started talking about their Love Nikki experience, and there have been other people who have joined in on talks about the games. I don't know if this attention will actually translate into PlayStation sales, it'll be hard to translate it from a phone game series even if it looks this pretty, but Nikki has legion.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
A few might have been able to predict this, actually. The Nikki games are huge, GAFers have never known about them but I've been in more than one casual conversation where two females suddenly started talking about their Love Nikki experience, and there have been other people who have joined in on talks about the games. I don't know if this attention will actually translate into PlayStation sales, it'll be hard to translate it from a phone game series even if it looks this pretty, but Nikki has legion.
My daughter was playing some terrible low budget dress up game and I was sure there had to be something better. After a search I found Love Nikki. It's a surprisingly well put together game and my testing of it lasted a fair bit longer than necessary to confirm the content was suitable as it kinda drew me in until the gacha started to grate. My daughter still plays it.
If they can capture the dress up part of the game in console game form they could have a big hit.

Angry_Megalodon

Gold Member

It's like Barbie in China.

The funny thing is that this is clearly a female-oriented game but in the west, we are going through such a warped reality that most people assume this is mostly for pervs.

It's also for us pervs, though.

Phase

Yes, the amazing gameplay of jumping over boxes and firing projectiles and getting character cards with stars on them and taking pictures of it all!

Looks like yet another mobile gacha game.

CamHostage

My daughter was playing some terrible low budget dress up game and I was sure there had to be something better. After a search I found Love Nikki. It's a surprisingly well put together game and my testing of it lasted a fair bit longer than necessary to confirm the content was suitable as it kinda drew me in until the gacha started to grate. My daughter still plays it.
If they can capture the dress up part of the game in console game form they could have a big hit.

Also, I'm told that the Story Mode is bonkers and generally not what was expected, in a good way. Based on your experience, it seems like you can only get so far in that portion before it becomes a grind (which is naturally the case with gacha games that eventually they expect you to get addicted to the daily experience rather than whizzing through one mode and then quitting,) but yeah, it seems this series catches people off-guard by being more involving than its pretty surface indicates.

But also, they do put a pretty surface together, and this is not a low-budget tossoff. Infinite Nikki is on UE, their previous Shining Nikki game used Enlighten for dynamic GI, the developer PaperGames is making a second non-Nikki, hardcore action game called Project: The Perceiver... they put work into this series.

Punished Miku

Human Rights Subscription Service
It's like Barbie in China.

The funny thing is that this is clearly a female-oriented game but in the west, we are going through such a warped reality that most people assume this is mostly for pervs.

It's also for us pervs, though.
If you look at this Venn Diagram it breaks it down in more detail.

The yellow circle represents the child demographic sales potential.
The blue circle represents the perv demographic sales potential.

images

Top Bottom