• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Instant Gaming (one of the biggest Steam key resellers) is taking preorders for Steam versions of some PS5 games

GrayChild

No specific date yet, just targeting 2022:

murDhlR.png

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Cool. Would be nice to check it even if I never liked DeS that much. :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Concern

Yeah they found out that the information backfired from their fanbase.

No one sneaks a "on pc" as an error. Yet many believed it in here.

Not really many. People with common sense knew. I don't think I've ever seen a "mistake" like that before on a trailer.

tommib

tommib

Not gonna lie that was hilarious.
Another one… another one… another one
but GAF told me at me at least 3 years
on topic ...can't wait i want see that loading time on PC of a optimized PS5 i/o game!
Was only a matter of time. Remember the header after the original trailer. They said it was an error lol
Yeah they found out that the information backfired from their fanbase.

No one sneaks a "on pc" as an error. Yet many believed it in here.
clown GIF

shubik

I really don´t understand the discussion in this thread. Even if some PS5 titles would release on PC what exactly would change? I´m a PS5 player and I`m absolutely not interested in owning a gaming PC. The demographic target group for PS5 buyers and PC gaming is just different.

People want an easy experience without all the hassle of a PC. plus let's not forget the ridiculous prices you would have to pay for a top-of-the-line next-gen PC set up.

MonarchJT

Banned
I really don´t understand the discussion in this thread. Even if some PS5 titles would release on PC what exactly would change? I´m a PS5 player and I`m absolutely not interested in owning a gaming PC. The demographic target group for PS5 buyers and PC gaming is just different.

People want an easy experience without all the hassle of a PC. plus let's not forget the ridiculous prices you would have to pay for a top-of-the-line next-gen PC set up.
this

Concern

PC gaming isn't for everyone. But any time there's mention of an exclusive possibly going to pc, it ruffles a few feathers.

Skifi28

Nothing changes. Mainly a war between PS fanboys that don't want to "lose" their games (if that makes any sense) vs PC fanboys that want to see ports they might not even care for just out of spite to say "Ha master race wins again".

In the end it's a win for gamers and game preservation, but certain "fans" tend to celebrate a bit too soon. It's better not to take this too seriously and just laugh at the warriors from either side when they reveal their true colors.

Last edited:

shubik

Nothing changes. Mainly a war between PS fanboys that don't want to "lose" their games (if that makes any sense) vs PC fanboys that want to see ports they might not even care for just out of spite to say "Ha master race wins again".

In the end it's a win for gamers and game preservation, but certain "fans" tend to celebrate a bit too soon. It's better to not take this too seriously and just laugh at the warriors from either side.

As a SONY fan boy, I´m happy that they can add a couple of mio. more sales for older titles like god of war. This is money directly going back into new games. Win/win in my book.

cormack12

Gold Member

True, but there is also an overlap in people who - if this is the norm - would consider leaving the PS5 ecosystem and either returning or joining the PC one. If all the Sony exclusives are going to PC anyway, and you're dropping £500 on the console, saving £70 per PS5 game and also dropping the PS+ yearly fee then it becomes a discussion to have. Most of Sony's big hitters are single player titles no there is only really the FOMO that drives those sales. There's no reason you can't wait, right?

Couple this with upgraded performance in most other titles you will purchase as well as still being able to get the PC titles Xbox has claimed then it becomes more of a debate. There's no reason to think this number is huge - it's really just guesswork but on an enthusiast forum like this then it will be a question in a lot of minds, especially as component supply is constrained so there's no reason/opportunity to make a rash decision.

I'll be honest I love the console ease of use, but I was heavily into PC games. WFH has meant I've needed to set up a desk and mini office so the structure is there already. So for me, it's going to be an option when shit stabilises in the silicon market. But I need to see what that lag is between titles and how much PC prices settle at.

On the flip side yeah, ultimately PC players buying Sony games and having to wait for a period of time doesn't affect us at all, it's just more money for Sony to fund their studios projects.

Top Bottom