• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iOS Gaming September 2016 | I don't have unlimited money

"Coming soon"

CszwqoLUIAAz6Rp.jpg

putermcgee

Just discovered this weird little toy/puzzler

I Love Fur - Free

Dev's other game also seems interesting

All But Me - Free
I tried out both. The fur one is neat, and sort of reminds me of Kometen where it's more of a laid back toy than a game. I wish it had some furs of real animals, like a shaggy dog or something.

All But Me looks really fun, but the first pop-up that tells you what to do disappeared way too quickly, and I have no idea what I'm supposed to do. It said something about firing a weapon, but I can't fire anything. I just landed on some planets and it tells me I don't have resources. You also can't fly into the sun, and gravity seems to be random where a planet will pull you in from a screen away, but you won't be affected at all by another planet right next to you. Any help?

Just saw this:
Maddness Road from http://cellsgames.com/
https://youtu.be/ocnZmVWkimU

66.gif

Matt Frost

Finished Shadow Bug... what an amazing ride. From start to finish, there is a lot of indie love spread troughout it. Fun platformer with a slashing premise, some Super Meat Boy intensity and some Badland graphical style... to make an excellent game. Varied enemies, interesting boss fights. Superb and brilliant game. And the credits are fantastic and a lot of fun slashing the developers faces lol. Will be on my GOTY list.

And bought Vulture Island...

Arroyo

Neo Member
Just bought Ember thanks to your comments and last week I bought the three first Sorcery! games. I'm currently playing Sorcery! 2 and it's a great experience so far being myself a choose-your-own-adventure books fan since I was a child.

Ember looks awesome. Will play it tonight so I'll keep you posted.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
Any good SRPGs people can recommend similar to FF Tactics or Disgaea?

Also, anyone know if Monster Hunter is working on iOS10? I've only found three reports on it: one saying it's fine, one saying it doesn't startup and another saying it's just laggy. Edit: It is working on iOS10.

killercow

Darkest Dungeon isn't coming "soon" at all from what I've been told on Twitter. Seems like they're still trying to see if that's doable/a good idea.

PittaGAF

Darkest Dungeon isn't coming "soon" at all from what I've been told on Twitter. Seems like they're still trying to see if that's doable/a good idea.

This is extremely disappointing news.

Yep, I was hoping for it to be released around November (news I read a while ago) but I think we'll have to wait even more.

Super sad.
I knew it wasn't coming soon but I took it for granted (they told me it was coming one year ago without doubts)...then lately on twitter they seemed more and more dubious for some reason.
Now I wonder if ANY work on it has ever been done (probably not).

A real shame....imho it's MUCH more suited to iPhone than many other platforms where it has been published...but maybe there they make more money or had incentives.

Super sad.
I knew it wasn't coming soon but I took it for granted (they told me it was coming one year ago without doubts)...then lately on twitter they seemed more and more dubious for some reason.
Now I wonder if ANY work on it has ever been done (probably not).

A real shame....imho it's MUCH more suited to iPhone than many other platforms where it has been published...but maybe there they make more money or had incentives.
Yeah, it's so perfectly suited for touch. Still hope we get it eventually

awp69

Slightly off topic but with the poorly received (in soft launch at least) Galaxy on Fire 3, I'm excited to be able to at least check out the true former dev's preview of Everspace this Friday on Xbox One.

RustyO

Another one in the "disappointed" crowd. Been looking forward to this on iPad, as it just seems so perfectly suited; and have held off playing it much on OSX because I was expecting a release "soon" (December?)

Game development is not my speciality, (but I do code in C++ and C#, XCode and Visual Studio, multiplatform software and use Unity) but seems like a no brainer from a business point of view, and not that technically difficult from a code porting point of view, but hey, what do I know?

Edit: Same as above for Sunless Sea, is there an iOS version in the works? I like it, but am chained to the computer/desk all day, so comfy couch gaming appeals a little bit more at the moment.

Oynox

Damn. I don't have this downloaded and I wish I did because it looks like it may have gone F2P as it mentions IAPs on the App Store.

And was changed today mentioning the addition of a "store".
Yeah, it is f2p... I am a bit disappointed now.

We may not be getting Binding of Isaac anymore but Feral Fury I feel will definitely fill that void left by it. Been beta testing FF over the past few days and so far I'm loving it! Definitely has that BoI feel to it with some improvements that, in my mind, make it a little better than Isaac. Difficulty is quite brutal though as I haven't even gotten to the second boss in any of my runs.

awp69

Yeah, it is f2p... I am a bit disappointed now.

So am I. Wish I had it on my device before the update. Redownloaded and saw it's got a whole bunch of currency IAPs. Not sure if the balance has changed in terms of earnings, but based on what I see, it probably has.

Another one in the "disappointed" crowd. Been looking forward to this on iPad, as it just seems so perfectly suited; and have held off playing it much on OSX because I was expecting a release "soon" (December?)

Game development is not my speciality, but seems like a no brainer from a business point of view, and not that technically difficult from a code porting point of view, but hey, what do I know?

Edit: Same as above for Sunless Sea, is there an iOS version in the works? I like it, but am chained to the computer/desk all day, so comfy couch gaming appeals a little bit more at the moment.
While it's disappointing, I understand it. One, Red Hook has been busy working on the Vita/PS4 version and preparing for that launch, so that's time consuming. Two, making a mobile version isn't as easy as switching a game to touchscreen-friendly mode or something like that. Three, it's time and money to work on that and playtest it, and considering that price they would probably have for Darkest Dungeon on iOS, it just might not make sense to have a mobile version.

As for Failbetter and Sunless Sea, they've been hard at work on their big expansion, so I don't know if they've been doing any work on a mobile version or if it's still in the works

RustyO

While it's disappointing, I understand it. One, Red Hook has been busy working on the Vita/PS4 version and preparing for that launch, so that's time consuming. Two, making a mobile version isn't as easy as switching a game to touchscreen-friendly mode or something like that. Three, it's time and money to work on that and playtest it, and considering that price they would probably have for Darkest Dungeon on iOS, it just might not make sense to have a mobile version.

Oh, I know, trust me I know... C++ / C# / DSP / OSX/XCode / Windows/VisualStudio / Unity over here... I'd love if there was just a nice little toggle switch ;)

I was under the impression that the PS4 was already released, turns out due 27/09; I don''t have a PS4 so not keeping tabs on the development there.

I think a good part of my disappointment does come from the rumours re December / or they were working on it. I think it will be a great for for mobile, but I'm also just happy I have it on OSX/PC. And I'll double-dip for the PS4 when I get one and its released.

Like anything else, Red Hook would need to weigh up the cost/benefit and ROI, thats fully understandable. And of course given the mobile marketplace, well... maybe not enough people put their money where their mouth is? (ala shelling out for premium titles)

Thats probably the scariest part about game development, espeically in regards to mobile, so given the opportunity to target more, shall we say, "lucrative" platforms first, it would make prudent business sense to do so.

I've got the same scenario, some cats asking for "lesser known" OS support; but its already enough fun dealing with all the different flavours of OSX/Windows, why would I want to add a massive amount of development / testing / support to my plate because one or two people want Linux or Raspberry PI support?

As for Failbetter and Sunless Sea, they've been hard at work on their big expansion, so I don't know if they've been doing any work on a mobile version or if it's still in the works

I haven't dipped my toes in the balmy waters of Fallen London for a while now, hmmm... might have to fix that when I get some spare time. (But I'll probably play Darkest Dungeon instead)

Arroyo

Neo Member

Exactly my case. I'm not playing Sunless Sea despite owning it on macOS because I'm working all day with the computer and I'd rather play it on iOS (which is my main gaming platform at the moment).

Now, let me say how much I am enjoying Ember. The story seems rich enough, the environment is well crafted and it has day/night cycle, rain, etc. I find it more BG than Diablo, but I haven't played it enough to assure this.

The skills tree is simple but effective and the crafting system seems okay. I read on Steam that crafting food is useless because you don't need to eat at all. Okay, that's false since eating recovers HPs.

As soon as you leave the main path you'll find bandits, NPCs that will give you side quests, etc. I'm loving it so far and the launch price (30% off) makes it a no-brainer imo.

Oynox

Waiting for the quadrology bundle. Too many games atm!
Actually i believe sou could have gotten them for the lowest price Last week since they were all on sale for a buck. Got them as well just in case because they were on sale never before.

Does no one else has massive problems with their MFi controllers? I cannot get my stratus working reliably :/
It is connected but it is only flickering very short and this does not change when I start a game. Last time I fixed this by rebooting my phone buz yeah that would be a pain in the butt to do it always again.

PittaGAF

Yeah, supposedly coming before the end of the year. Was looking at it today too thanks to that glowing RPS review. Might check it out on PC.

Same :)

I'm in a strong mood for CCG and I'm loving playing Star crusade at the moment.
I love Heartstone too but not being super competitive I find I have really hard time getting anywhere now, against people that plays it since years.

BTW you all should check Star Crusade out. It's really REALLY nice.

Top Bottom