• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iPhone 7, 2.4GHz A10 Chip, IPX7, Dual cameras, Piano Black

Status
Not open for further replies.

giga

The iPhone 7 screen display will also be getting an upgrade. Although size and resolution are staying the same, at 4.7 inches and 5.5 inches, the displays will ‘copy’ the visual features of the 9.7 inch iPad Pro. This means the iPhone 7 display will be able to render wide-color imagery. This will help boost the appearance of the photos taken by the new cameras in the iPhone 7.
Jesus christ I'm jealous. I really need this on the new MBP.

Dropping 64? I mean I'd rather have 64 be the lowest amount because then 32 becomes the 16 of the bunch. 256 is nice though.

It has already been reported by way too many credible sources what's coming in the next iphone (KGI/Bloomberg/WSJ/Gruber/etc...). We pretty much know it.

The number one reason I think leaks for next years iphone have come so damn early (other than apple themselves leaking it), is because for such a huge design update, you need to engage suppliers way earlier in the process to get it all done and prepare. This year seems like the massive camera/spec update. Next year will be the total design overhaul + screen change.

And then I doubt we'll ever see significant updates from that point forward to design.

I guess I'm skipping the 7 then =\

I guess I'm skipping the 7 then =\
if you could wait you should

also #teamDarkBlack

Piano black is probably going to be like the mac pro and I aint about that life.

This has me more excited for iPhone 8. Hopefully those OLED rumours are true.
I think all the rumours are obviously true, but being able to execute on it without issues will be the hard part for such a big update. BUT OLED is the one thing that's 10000% gauranteed.

Dierce

Where's the gimmick?
Removing the headphone jack, useless force touch crap when an actually useful alternative would be to use hover gestures but that requires actual innovation, then you have the software and the design crap but that is my personal opinion

AlphaDump

Gold Member
Just give me a good battery. Performance is good as it's.

Agreed, although a performance upgrade is always welcome. I use a Note 7 for personal, and a 6s for work, the battery life on Apple is a major selling point for me. Apple has pulled off some serious black magic to get my phone running for a week or more without a charge.

Hoo-doo

Banned
I'm in for a 7 plus, all black.

Fuck yes. The best phones just got even better. A10 chip is going to be a goddamn beast and the new camera sounds amazing.

Fuchsdh

With Apple Music/Spotify being how most people consume music, and Netflix/Youtube how most people consume visual media, and iCloud storage being a buck for 50GB of storage, it sort of makes sense to not have a ridiculous amount of physical storage since it's not as necessary.

Even with a fair amount of my music on my phone I barely hit 32GB on my 64GB phone. Remove that and I would be able to squeeze into 16GB. I imagine they'll keep the bumped tier as 128GB instead of 64GB because for the people that need the space it's probably a great method of boosting ASP.

It's nice that they're rolling out wider-gamut displays on all their products. I care about that a lot more than more power-hungry pixels, although the 6+ does have that weird downscaling thing you'd think they would wanna' fix at some point.

antispin

if you could wait you should

also #teamDarkBlack

Piano black is probably going to be like the mac pro and I aint about that life.

I think all the rumours are obviously true, but being able to execute on it without issues will be the hard part for such a big update. BUT OLED is the one thing that's 10000% gauranteed.

Samsung will have to fight Samsung for that sweet panel love. Any details on other sources? LG getting in on the small panel OLED game?

I also hope they do something about the chin and forehead of the phone. Maximise that screen real estate! Want there a report that the home button will be integrated into the screen somehow?

Lexxism

What about the design? What's rumour on it? Like iPhone 4 or 5? or something?

AlphaDump

Gold Member
Samsung will have to fight Samsung for that sweet panel love. Any details on other sources? LG getting in on the small panel OLED game?

I also hope they do something about the chin and forehead of the phone. Maximise that screen real estate! Want there a report that the home button will be integrated into the screen somehow?

The V20 or V11 should be awesome. They really botched the G5, so they need to hit a home run to stay in the game.

Anion

FINALLY WATERPROOF

Might actually want to upgrade just based on the fact that there is waterproofing

That's good but I'll wait for either iPhone 7s or 8s I have a 64gb 6s+ I see no reason to upgrade
yeah I probably wouldn't either if I was rocking that. 1 year will fly by.

I think Samsung is going to win the contract to be the main supplier. They're investing billions just to be able to supply apple which was probably part of the deal. Apparently foxconn wants in on it too. LG already makes the apple watch OLED, don't think they can support volumes for a bigger display.

And yes the rumours for next year are an edge to edge to display. No home button, little or no chins, and no bezels.

What about the design? What's rumour on it? Like iPhone 4 or 5? or something?
like mentioned above, edge to edge display, new material (new kind of glass potentially), and OLED are the main things. Go check out one of the many leaks.

what are the advantages of the 7+ over the 7 this time?

I usually got the the regular 6 last time and I think the + is too big.

what are the advantages of the 7+ over the 7 this time?

I usually got the the regular 6 last time and I think the + is too big.
the only difference you'll probably notice given the specs is battery life and huge camera upgrade. The rest will mostly be similar. I don't think you'll notice the RAM difference or the resolution difference much.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
Very disappointed to hear that the resolution will stay the same.

Dropping the 64GB storage and headphone socket. What a bummer. :(

Furyous

On one hand, the 256 gig option should cost north of $1000.

It keeps the 750p option on the 7 model.

NFC is still locked to Apple Pay.

The only advantage to the 7 over the anniversary iphone is the LCD not getting burn in. People will regret buying AMOLED iphones in the near future as burn in happens and they are forced to upgrade.

If the 7 does not include two day battery life then something is wrong.

Is it possible to buy the phone outright AND be a part of the yearly upgrade program? Can you pay for the yearly upgrade program upfront?

SPCTRE

My maternal unit is set on getting the 7 Plus (upgrading from 6).

I'll check it out once she has it, probably won't upgrade from my 6 Plus.

f@luS

More than a member.
cant wait

but damn i wanted the normal, not the PLUS ( iphone 7 128)

but the new camera is very tempting....

no pro ?

Pifje

The only advantage to the 7 over the anniversary iphone is the LCD not getting burn in. People will regret buying AMOLED iphones in the near future as burn in happens and they are forced to upgrade.

There is no burn in modern OLED displays, good fucking god. Do you really live in the year 2009 or what?

Even though Samsung makes those displays, it won't tarnish your precious little Apple made iPhone. Don't be that childish.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom