• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is there any reason to keep the One after getting a Series X?

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Donald Trump Head Shake GIF by Election 2016

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Dump it.

Dont know how much an One OG is worth, but last year I sold a One X with an extra controller (my leftover One gamepad) and some old games already on GP for $450 cdn to someone. Everyone selling on ebay or kijiji was selling it for around the same price (~$400 base, or more if you got games or extras with it). Couldnt believe it.

Last edited:
  • Thoughtful
Reactions: Isa

Leyasu

Banned
My boy has been using my old day one xbox since around xmas time in his room..

It breaks my heart seeing the 30fps slide shows and geological age loading times. As he will be starting secondary school in september, he has a laptop waiting for him for his birthday next week, plus a series S. I couldn't get him an X putting his birthday presents well north of a grand.

Like I said in a post above, I will set the old xbone up as a dedicated server on ark. Then build up a world and tames with him.

Riky

$MSFT
One X supports Kinect and has the HDMI in for the TV adapter, apart from that there is no other reason.

WoJ

I use my old xbox as a streaming device/blu ray player upstairs. Occasionally play games when people are over for fun. That's about it.

Duchess

I sold my PS4 about a week after getting my PS5, given I was able to play all my current games on the new system.

So, nah. I'd sell your One.

Aion002

One word: Hoard.

mad stan marsh GIF by South Park

:messenger_squinting_tongue:

Seriously though... If you don't plan to use it for streaming stuff, just..

Sell Salesman GIF by Ryan Serhant

Last edited:
  • LOL

wipeout364

I can give you one but it’s very rare and would not apply to most people. The disc drive in the series X struggles with DVD playback producing green screens on many old DVD’s. I recently imported some space battleship Yamato DVD’s that play in the Xbox one X but give a green screen on the series X. I tried a second series x and got the same result.

• Thoughtful

kingpotato

Ask me about my Stream Deck
Can you use the cloud streaming through Gamepass on XO? If so and you have decent Internet, it could last the whole current gen or longer right?

I sold my PS4 about a week after getting my PS5, given I was able to play all my current games on the new system.

So, nah. I'd sell your One.

Sony's "primary device" system means any other profiles on either your ps5 or ps4 can access all the content and subscriptions. I gave my ps4pro to my sister's kids and I was a hero since my sister never keeps them up on that stuff and she'll never have to spend a dime on ps+ or games. I know that doesn't apply to everyone though.

No real point in keeping it if you don't have another TV you play games on in the house. Your XSX plays every game that your 1X does.
I bought a XSX to replace my 1X and then put the 1X in the bedroom to replace my 360. I then traded the 1X in at gamestop when they had a trade in special. Payed a couple of bucks more and got a XSS for the bedroom.

dave_d

I used my One X to get around an issue where I couldn't install something on my series X. Basically I was trying to install a game to my Series X and it would just error out when it tried to download files. I brought the external drive over to the One X, installed the game on that drive when hooked up to the One X. Then just brought the drive back over to the Series X and copied the game to the Series X. There was probably some messed up file on the Series X that if I deleted it everything would have installed fine but I figured out that method first.

• Thoughtful

Lupin3

Targeting terrorists with a D-Pad
Together with the media remote it's a rather nice blu-ray player. The only reason mine is still connected.

Mozza

No, sold mine as soon as I soon as I connected my Series X, got decent money back on it too, sold it for £240. :)

Top Bottom