• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

It’s official G4 Network is dead

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
Has any internet company expanded greatly, opened a big studio/office space, and then survived in any meaningful way?

Easy Allies is a shell of itself and has a year left maybe, Giant Bomb is a zombie, and G4 is dead dead.

I ask because Kinda Funny just opened this absolutely obscene studio. Feels like Rome before the fall.

As soon as people start moving on to other jobs the whole thing falls apart. G4 might as well have called themselves resetera the TV show. It had nothing to do with the old g4 people liked.

NinjaMouse

Gold Member

200w.gif

Hopefully he was paid more than $4000 for his contributions

PhaseJump

Banned

Anybody from Mississippi here, casually minding your own business while being tactically nuked by Sessler's implied stereotyping and hatred?

Is this man's outrage unfit for twitter's own double standards yet?

WearyThoroughGentoopenguin-size_restricted.gif

Majormaxxx

Sessler is showing himself to be quite the bigot in his tweet. Classist, racist, entitled, smug, intolerant... Pretty disgusting really. It's ironic seeing as he's a Democrat which suggests he should be above this.

He is definitely tolerable in the older g4, then on youtube he gradually went this route.

Yuck

Last edited:

Setzer

Sessler is showing himself to be quite the bigot in his tweet. Classist, racist, entitled, smug, intolerant... Pretty disgusting really. It's ironic seeing as he's a Democrat which suggests he should be above this.

He is definitely tolerable in the older g4, then on youtube he gradually went this route.

Yuck

Cocaine is a helluva drug.

MicTyson

Neo Member
I knew nothing about this Frosk chick and i might have remotely heard G4 came back.

I don't know when exactly these shows started but I was probably around 20 or so when I first remember watching stuff like X Play and it was always cringe and I never particularly cared for it. It was cliche gamer nerd humor and was like watching those terrible video game award shows. The Sessler Webb days were ok for the fact that that's back when you needed to look a t magazines and get E3 DVDs to see anything and you could catch a review. The shows siits and humor were cringe and lame though.

That Attack of the show with Piera and Munn was some of the shittiest tv I've ever watched. I had a friend who watched it every night and i wanted to piss on his tv whenever I walked in.

Humdinger

That was a very fast fail. It seems like they spent more time announcing "the return of G4" than they did actually broadcasting.

I enjoyed the original G4 -- mostly because it was the only option at the time. This reboot was doomed from the get-go, because, as others have pointed out, there are thousands of Youtube creators making better, individualized content without any of the huge overhead. It would've failed eventually. Frosk et al. hurried it along, though.

PhaseJump

Banned
Sessler and Frosk
qQRJUk4.jpg

Frosk, perhaps. She doesn't deserve the horrible attention given due to her looks, most of the people criticizing her over that shit are probably fugly themselves. She totally deserves to be roasted for dropping judgemental rants on her own audience, feeding the trolls. The worst thing you can do as a host or an internet personality. A lot of people didn't know who the fuck she was until weeks after it happened, and she is now falling back into obscurity and irrelevance. G4 itself could have fucked off into oblivion without any of this drama. None of them were talent worth watching, and they were up against modern Youtube content. Obsolete platform reboot with no hope of success from the start.

Sessler's need for attention is harder to grasp an understanding of here. He is loaded with some cash since his co-founded startup was bought by Reddit. We now seemingly get to witness the hubris of a wealthy, self-important, smug piece of shit stereotype as he looks down on others, and takes his self righteous opinions to twitter. Broadcasting his ironically toxic shit in a juvenile way, since he can afford to. Completely up his own ass, quipping about writers and leaning on his big-brain fart sniffing literature-student persona; clowning with generalizations of different states or regions of the USA because that's where his political enemies win in their elections, shitting on his own "fans" from those regions in the process. It's absurd.

His attention seeking, if you can call it that, looks more like a cry for help to people who have themselves known and seen what becomes of mentally unstable substance abusers. He's seemingly trolling against the low-hanging fruit that mocks him, blaming the headache of it all on G4, and it makes you wonder whether he's sniffling and shaking somewhere between his outbursts.

He's being a huge dickhead that probably needs rehab more than a twitter account. I'm not American, but I would bet on the timing of this layoff & tirade, that he's staring into the woke abyss in his own head, fully animated. Grinding his teeth, rocking back and forth, scratching himself, throwing whatever sober energy he has left into thinking too much about the possibility of a political shift next month.

I could be totally wrong, though. I'm just a constantly unserious fucktard, and a bit of a dickhead myself.

seinfeld-coffee.gif

Last edited:

Jubenhimer

This is what happens when you use woke fanbait tactics to sell a reboot of an early 2000s relic on a dying format. You'd think these companies would learn by now, but nah. Gotta get them ESG scores up!

BigAssBoy

With all the posts from g4tv staff coming out it looks like Frosk's mind rot ran deeper through the inner workings of the network. I am surprised they lasted as long as they did with how much they hate gamers, their supposed primary audience.

DavJay

I thought it would be a small online streaming content creator with a smaller budget. They went all out and rent a giant studio from the gate while only getting 10k views and on a very premium cable channel (channel 85847) nobody have. No wonder they blow their budget so quickly.

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb

“During its brief run from November 2021 to October 2022, the network managed to pull an average of only 1000 viewers during the period of 8 PM – 11 PM every Monday through Friday.”

LMAO I could put a video of paint drying up on YouTube and it would get more viewers than that.

Last edited:

dave_d

“During its brief run from November 2021 to October 2022, the network managed to pull an average of only 1000 viewers during the period of 8 PM – 11 PM every Monday through Friday.”

LMAO I could put a video of paint drying up on YouTube and it would get more viewers than that.
Wow, even a best of episode of Impact Wrestling will pull 100 times more viewers than that.

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb

Good riddance to this terribly ran reboot.
The people who try to tell you “cancel culture doesn’t exist” will also tell you that “tell me why we should cancel Batman” is a reasonable thing to ask at a job interview.

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb

I’ve known people like this, where they’re the hero and tragic victim of every story, and everything they post is about how they’ve been wronged by people they thought were their friends. Constantly seeking out new things to get offended by to fuel their victimhood complex, then vomiting it out on social media so they get showered with pity points.

What a nasty, miserable snake of person. I feel sorry for her new coworkers.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member

I’ve known people like this, where they’re the hero and tragic victim of every story, and everything they post is about how they’ve been wronged by people they thought were their friends. Constantly seeking out new things to get offended by to fuel their victimhood complex, then vomiting it out on social media so they get showered with pity points.

What a nasty, miserable snake of person. I feel sorry for her new coworkers.

Thank you Frosk for telling the world when you survived a corporate firing, then got fired, now leaving the industry for a different job. And bashing the industry once you find a different career path.

A great example of positive ethics.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
To quote myself in her 'farewell' victim tweet:

Who knows what company she'll work at. But her best bet is another media company that is loose when it comes to public personality and politics. Where the corporate culture is similar in loose lips and ragging on social media.

Just imagine what the HR person would think if they didn't know who Frosk was and sat in a face to face interview at a place like Coke or Bank of Montreal.

TransTrender

Gold Member
I didn't know who Frosk was until the recent drama a few months ago. However, during my initial Google search of this person I saw they bounced around, A LOT, in their employment history.
Sometimes this means they're dysfunctional and/or narcissistic.
Everything I've seen from then 'till now reinforces my observation.

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
Shes moving to "new work elsewhere". I already feel for her co workers.
I can just imagine having a well-functioning workplace where everybody pretty much gets along and tolerates each other and is respectful of others’ culture/identity without feeling like they need to walk on eggshells…. then someone like Frosk joins and turns it into some workplace from hell.

Like you’ll try to be warm and welcoming and she’ll act like everything is normal to your face… then you find out from HR that *someone* complained about some phrase you used or something. Pretty soon everybody is acting weird and standoffish and spreading nasty gossip and rumors.

Top Bottom