• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

It’s official G4 Network is dead

kondorBonk

With how they ruined Funhaus I sure hope so.

Would love to see Adam Bruce and James together again but I doubt it.
Funhaus I still watch but thats really been the only thing from RT. As much as the core team was great, the newer talent they got hold their own. Jacob, Ryan, Charlotte, Patrick, Lindsey, John, Jon, etc. If they ever got to do anything outside of RT, I wouldn't want anyone to be replaced.

Bruce and Lawrence both seem to be in pretty good standing with all the cast too. They've still showed up on occasion. It seemed more so on their end wanting to either expand their career or just some unfortunate bad blood with Adam.

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
Funhaus I still watch but thats really been the only thing from RT
Funhaus became shit when they started going woke from one day to another and doing all that IKEA shit instead of having the man humor with Adam Bruce and James.

They are utterly shit now with their kids show. They easily got 100k views a day at their peak, now they barely get 50k a day.

I hope rooster teeth burns down to the ground or destroying the best YT channel ever made.

Last edited:

JackSparr0w

Banned
Man what a bummer. I wish we had some other place where we could watch people play video games and talk about video games. That’s such an underserved niche.
Are you for real? There are endless high quality youtube and twitchtv channels for every taste.

Personally the games I really like are very niche and there is no chance a place like G4 would ever cover them. Still plenty of youtubers do.

Last edited:

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA

OIP.N19aIHkQwn0x176BrXyJsAHaDt

I wonder if people over at the Cancer forum are crying over it.

Last edited:
It's a melancholy record of why other talent and show/network staff shouldn't just go along with the PC bullshit, challenge it as much as they challenge you and hopefully that middle ground can be found where all can be happy and/or entertained. When the producers and cast of that show cannot rope in one of their own, you've got a rogue element fucking with your scheduled program.
The problem is that Adam Sessler was also of that nature (with or without G4). Their writers could not help themselves with the "SJW" type comments every second sentence in reviews as well.

I remember liking Sessler quite a bit a long time ago, this has become preachy "we are better now", etc. I'm not sure it could have survived.

I used to love rooster teeth. Listened to the podcast, watched all their content but when they started to sell out to other companies is when the downfall started and the quality nose dived.

I can still watch the old red vs blue though but that might just be nostalgia.

For me a lot of the interest died around the time Monty passed away. The main folks started talking about their mansions, buying electric vehicles, etc. It wasn't a bunch of dudes just hanging around, getting drunk and taking the shit. It was a bunch of narcissistic assholes.

Then they started to let the crazies take over and it just went downhill rapidly from there. Like an avalanche of pure cancer and shit covering everything in its wake.

ElRenoRaven

If you guys really think that frosk rant is the cause, you're delusional.
See below
Not the cause. No. It didn't help. To think otherwise is delusional.
Exactly. It wasn't the cause. Nobody believes that her rant was the cause. However that did not help. It did drive away a lot of people. Comcast's lack of promotion and poor management were by far the main reasons it died. However that rant was one example of that bad management and it did hurt them.

Last edited:

dave_d

See below

Exactly. It wasn't the cause. Nobody believes that her rant was the cause. However that did not help. It did drive away a lot of people. Comcast's lack of promotion and poor management were by far the main reasons it died. However that rant was one example of that bad management and it did hurt them.
So canary in a coal mine sort of thing?

I knew immediately from the start it wasn't going to survive. That launch day stream was actually really good quality content and it was great to see some of the old faces return, especially Kevin. But I called it that day saying and I quote "there's no way they can bankroll this kind of content regularly, not on the income of a twitch account with at peak 12k viewers." Turned out to be true. Really makes you wonder how much money they were hemorrhaging back in the original run days, the golden era, where they had multiple amazing shows and great quality hosts all needing salaries and production costs, with the income only really coming from advertisements and sponsors.

Evil Calvin

Afraid of Boobs
I think it was somewhat decent ( with Sessler and Perriera) but the rest kind of stunk. The nail in the coffin was the Frosk rant. What a moron. There is a time and place.....

Top Bottom