• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

It is full-blown rumor season. What do YOU believe? Round 1: Silents Hill PS5

Will a new Silent Hill game release exclusively for the PS5?

• I GUARANTEE Sony is making a new Silent Hill game as a PS5 exclusive.

• There is zero chance in hell that a new Silent Hill game will be a PS5 exclusive.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Jayjayhd34

I believe something possibly might be happening with IP finally. However I really don't think it will exclusive maybe timed exclusive.

It's reminding me of crash bandicoot rumors to be truthful...

Yeah totally Silent Hill 6, P.T, Demon Souls remake, Gran Turismo 8 and Legacy of Kain are all PS5 exclusives aimed at launch window.

We might as well throw Dino Crisis and Virtua Fighter 7 exclusives on that PS5 launch bonanza....😳

Ar¢tos

I'm like 20-25% accepting the rumor.
Sony could make a new Siren with a silent-hills-like feel and save money in licensing, but on the other hand, Silent Hills is much more famous, so the extra sales could compensate the licensing costs.
However I don't see Konami caring even enough to do a licensing deal.

mcjmetroid

Well it depends. Who said it was real? Eurogamer for instance haven proven time and time again that they are full of it.

See thing is I don't think the journalists are lying but perhaps they're either
A) been fed a line to throw them off or B) like starfox racing they saw the wrong game ( turned out to be dlc for that Ubisoft game I can't remember the name of)
Or c) it DID exist but was cancelled.

Dude, the Bully 2 that article was talking about is the one that was canned back in 2009. What I mentioned in my previous post was a different Bully 2, one that was - or is - in the works since, at least, 2016 and has not been debunked yet by anyone in whose word we can really trust. Again, Yan2295 is 100% reliable, people in the community trusts him over Jason Schreier when it comes to GTA VI stuff. Yan is accurate to the point that he was asked by Take Two to stop leaking information, so please, don't compare him to a random reddit idiot who uploaded a fake screenshot of a new Midnight Club. That's insulting.
we will with how the current staff and head guy dan leaving projects will get cancelled

Arachnid

Too much smoke, I'm convinced it's legit.
I'm in the same boat. Between the trademarks and all the different leakers all saying the same thing, there has to be something in the works.

Not that I'm entirely convinced (I'm somewhere between the two poll options), but if I had to pick one, it's coming.

Last edited:
If a new Silent Hill game is coming out for PS5. We should ask Konami why they lied to us and said no Silent Hill is in development.

I don't care about any "I told you so" right, lol, but I feel like it's going to happen. Too much smoke for there to be no fire here.

Faithless83

Banned
I'll scream like the n64 kid if true.
A lot of rumors pointing to it. Some insider (I think it was Osiris) hinted at konami going exclusive to either MS or Sony. Other rumors mentioned Castlevania soulslike reboot, 2 SH and MGS in talks.
I'll be very happy if turns out to be true. I'm a big fan of SH, MGS and Castlevania since its beginnings.

Could it all be some big prank? Lately, when duskgolem or whatever posts on ResetEra, he has been getting cold feet about this rumor.

S

SpongebobSquaredance

Unconfirmed Member
I am replaying Downpour and there are some really great ideas like the open world concept and side quests. Sadly the game has many technical issues and the combat is just bad. I mean SH2 and SH3 weren’t exactly praised for their combat but it worked and it actually was designed that way to make the player not OP. Downpours combat is just clunky.

I hope, if there is a new one, that they make the combat like it should be: authentic

OrionNebula

Well it was an alright game... just a terrible Silent Hill one.

Can’t argue with that

I don’t want to get my hopes up on this one, but for me it would be as close as a perfect storm if I ever saw one.

• Multiple important original members on board : check
• Remake/Re-do/Reboot of the SH game that needs it most, which is the first one : check
• Not made by konami/made by people respecting the source material : check
• Using next-gen tech that will help game look and feel as good as possible : check

But like I said, I refuse to get hyped at the moment, however, it’s hard to deny some of the facts (like supposedly involved people’s schedules that seems in sync with the rumours and such) and the opportunity it has (from support to timing)

Also, Resident Evil 2 Remake has proven there is a market for it, as long as it’s treated with respect and gives the player what they want out of it

Only thing we can do is wait, anyway, at this time... but there seems to be smoke under that bit of story... or is it just fog and snow and deception?

Reficul

If it's true I will definitely buy it day one.
Then I will have to muster the courage to actually playing it.

I think the first is more likely to happen than the last.

Portugeezer

50/50 chance.

I don't think SH is that big of a franchise (now someone shows me it has sold XYZ millions), but with PT and Kojima link a few years ago I think the franchise gained some more clout among gamers (even if they haven't played a SH game before.)

Might be worth pursuing.

Last edited:

Cutty Flam

Banned
It’s been long enough. I think they’ll bring it back. It’s a legendary classic. I’ve never even played it before, only watched my uncle for a few minutes or so a couple times back in the day, but when the movie came out, I was excited

It’s one of those games that helped defined the legendary Playstation, so I respect it fully. I think Playstation is going for it, personally. Expect it on PS5 is my final guess, I think they’re paying a respect to the classic and the hardcore oldschool fans

Last edited:

Vawn

Banned
It’s one of those games that helped defined the legendary Playstation, so I respect it fully. I think Playstation is going for it, personally. Expect it on PS5 is my final guess, I think they’re paying a respect to the classic and the hardcore oldschool fans

But so was Metal Gear Solid, Tomb Raider and even Final Fantasy "The CD Years", as well as a bunch of others.

Tiamat2san

The way I see it.
If True, it’s a shame if it’s only on PlayStation and made by Konami.
But ... if it’s made by Sony maybe we’ll have a good silent hill.

Vawn

Banned
The way I see it.
If True, it’s a shame if it’s only on PlayStation and made by Konami.
But ... if it’s made by Sony maybe we’ll have a good silent hill.

I don't think many are expecting it to be made by Konami. If it is, I expect it will be multi-platform from the start.

Last edited:

Thabass

While I do believe that the next Silent Hill will be a PS5 exclusive, I don't think they'll be ready to talk about it just yet when they announce the PS5. But hey, what do I know?

johntown

Banned
I voted no because Konami.

Anyone who knows this company knows that is really all that needs to be said here. I really hope I am wrong and I would love for it to happen but then I just think about Konami and all of the dreams go right down the toilet.

Top Bottom