• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

It's the multiplats that matter!

What launch games excite you?

• Total voters

Tulipanzo

I don't know if you can change the list, but CP2077 should be on it. Also Bright Memory would be 1.0 (so not the one from May for anybody wondering).

I don't know if you can change the list, but CP2077 should be on it. Also Bright Memory would be 1.0 (so not the one from May for anybody wondering).

I used third party sites to figure out what all was a launch game, it appears Cyberpunk comes out post-launch so not sure it belongs? Maybe close enough it should be included, though.

GHG

Cyberpunk is just available via BC at launch is it not?

People expecting anything beyond a better running current gen version of the game on consoles are going to be disappointed.

Tulipanzo

I used third party sites to figure out what all was a launch game, it appears Cyberpunk comes out post-launch so not sure it belongs? Maybe close enough it should be included, though.
Oh, then sure, the next-gen version "proper" is later. I guess it gets a bit muddy with which games get a proper upgrade of whatever quality.

Cyberpunk is just available via BC at launch is it not?

People expecting anything beyond a better running current gen version of the game on consoles are going to be disappointed.
Likely will just be up-res and up-fps, yup. 4K textures are the most I can see before the proper next-gen upgrade.

Oh, then sure, the next-gen version "proper" is later. I guess it gets a bit muddy with which games get a proper upgrade of whatever quality.

Likely will just be up-res and up-fps, yup. 4K textures are the most I can see before the proper next-gen upgrade.

I added it anyways, it's muddy enough and close enough to the launch I don't feel like having people claiming the poll is invalid.

Last edited:

JimiNutz

Banned
For me it's Demon's Souls and Destruction All-Stars, which I appreciate is a weird mix.
My reasoning is that both of these games are the only 'exclusive' PS5 only games.

I'd definitely be more excited for Destruction All-Stars if Sony had actually showed off more of the game. I like the concept but we still haven't really seen any gameplay which is crazy for a brand new IP that's launching in a few weeks.

I'd be more excited for Cyberpunk 2077 if the next gen patch was ready day one.

I don't really think any of the other multiplats are that exciting.

GymWolf

Cyberpunk and maybe demons, i'm still not fully convinced about that remake.

Kinda interested in godfall because i like the genre but they had to show me some less duller gameplay for that one.

Ac valhalla and spidey morales by defeult because i'm an open world whore, surely not at launch tho, no way i'm gonna pay full price for a crossgen spinoff and another copy paste ubi game, maybe at half the price or even used.

Last edited:

Tulipanzo

For me, key ones are SpiderMan MM and Demon Souls, which I have preordered. Beyond that I'm head over heels for DmCV:SE, and looking forward to CP2077 (but mainly preordered it because of a friend).
Sackboy looks good, but I want to make sure I'm not too tight on money come November. Shout out to AstroBot too, I'm a sucker for it.

On XBox? Emm, Witcher 2 and Lost Odyssey I guess? I'm skipping it tbh.

Yeah, ultimately I'd say it's the exclusives that excite me the most, and ultimately that determines where I buy my multiplats.

I keep hearing this argument, so let's see where NeoGAF really stands on the issue. You can pick as many as you want, no need to choose favorites, still will be interesting to see where people land on this.
Cyberpunk and demon souls
I'm pretty sure they are way more people on gaf either saying exclusives are the most important or shitting on Xbox for not having exclusives (multiple threads about this).
I'm quite confident you knew this when you made this thread as well.

Cyberpunk and demon souls
I'm pretty sure they are way more people on gaf either saying exclusives are the most important or shitting on Xbox for not having exclusives (multiple threads about this).
I'm quite confident you knew this when you made this thread as well.

I've seen many people argue it's the multiplats that matter, just wanted to see if that actually proves out among the GAF populace. It doesn't necessarily reflect upon the gaming populace at large.

DavidGzz

I wonder when The Ascent is coming. Looks like a blast. Demons, Valhalla(XSX), and Cyberpunk(XSX) are my trifecta. Will also get Spiderman bundle so that I can finish the first and move on to Morales. Is it true there are no cross saves for the original? If so, I guess it will be a while. I do wish MS had more at launch. Is The Medium coming at launch? I feel like we need a definitive launch list.

Last edited:
I've seen many people argue it's the multiplats that matter, just wanted to see if that actually proves out among the GAF populace. It doesn't necessarily reflect upon the gaming populace at large.
Well the best selling games each year for the past 20 years have been multi, but again on gaf it's quite easy to see exclusives are King. There have been many threads to show this already but yours is the first to even hint at the opposite in recent memory.

Well the best selling games each year for the past 20 years have been multi, but again on gaf it's quite easy to see exclusives are King. There have been many threads to show this already but yours is the first to even hint at the opposite in recent memory.

There are exclusive games in the top-selling games of the last 20 years. But again, this isn't about the world outside GAF, how could it be? I do question what drives a multi-plat focused person to buy one console over another, how many of the people making CoD a top-selling game picked the console to play it on based on exclusives?

Barnabot

I'd pick Demon Souls for PC only, therefore multiplatform, if Sony hadn't "fixed" that "little mistake" of officially announcing that for PC too during a Sony presentation.

Grinchy

Banned
I only didn't put Cyberpunk because this is for launch stuff and I don't care about it for launch. It'll be so much better a year from now that I can wait.

I also didn't pick Bugsnax because I figured I'd not meme about liking it for once.

There are exclusive games in the top-selling games of the last 20 years. But again, this isn't about the world outside GAF, how could it be? I do question what drives a multi-plat focused person to buy one console over another, how many of the people making CoD a top-selling game picked the console to play it on based on exclusives?
Many reasons do, but again on gaf exclusives are King. There are many threads already to state that. This thread is the same thing just worded differently.

Roufianos

Well that's BS. This year on my PS4 I've played Ghost of Tsushima, TLOU II, Final Fantasy VII, Death Stranding, Day's Gone, Tony Hawk's, Crash 4, Mafia and Doom on my PS4. 5 of those games were exclusive, if I had an Xbox One then my gaming year would have been a lot less busy.

Even for PS5, I'm picking up Spiderman, Demon's Souls, COD, AC and Cyberpunk. Again, if I was getting an XSX then that would be a much more barren launch lineup for me.

Exclusives are huge, especially in the modern market where the AAA landscape is increasingly barren due to the size of these projects.

Last edited:

JimiNutz

Banned
Will also get Spiderman bundle so that I can finish the first and move on to Morales. Is it true there are no cross saves for the original? If so, I guess it will be a while.

Yeah your save from the original Spider-Man doesn't carry over to the PS5 version which is a stupid decision in my opinion.

I got the plat on Spider-Man and all of the DLC not that long ago and I'm kinda bummed that I'll have to replay it all on PS5 if I want to have all of my suits and powers unlocked on the PS5 version. It's kind of killed my excitement for the PS5 version so I'm probably gonna wait a while. I'm sure Demon's Souls will keep me busy enough for a while.

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
You wont really get a proper answer you can use to your summary here OP.

Since 95% of Gaf has PlayStation they'd say exclusives matters most.

thelastword

Banned
You wont really get a proper answer you can use to your summary here OP.

Since 95% of Gaf has PlayStation they'd say exclusives matters most.
And they would be right, because the numbers don't lie in any scenario......More people own PlayStation because of the exclusives, more people vote exclusives because they are higher quality games with more variety and higher production values...

Laptop1991

Cyberpunk and AC Valhalla for me, the latter i've already pre ordered, so i would have to agree, it's the multiplat's that matter, as i can't play the games that are not out on PC anyway lol.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Demon's Souls and Cyberpunk. Also I don't know if it will launch next to the release date of the new consoles, but I´m very excited for Little Devil Inside.

FunkMiller

I'm sure Demon's Souls will be fantastic
in 2021

giphy.gif

reksveks

Good thing I just want to see what GAF thinks.
Then the argument that you have been hearing is either wrong or you are misreading the argument. To the neo-gaf audience , of course exclusives matter. To the fifa/madden/cod audience, exclusives are nice but price/performance is much more important.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
I don't care about any of the games on your list. I've already played Souls 10 years ago. Add a nothing option.

Then the argument that you have been hearing is either wrong or you are misreading the argument. To the neo-gaf audience , of course exclusives matter. To the fifa/madden/cod audience, exclusives are nice but price/performance is much more important.

Would you believe I made this knowing exclusives would win and am simply sick of bad arguments? Find me empirical proof of what sways a CoD fan on what console to get, btw.

Plantoid

Can't vote yet but if I was getting a ps5 demons souls was my pick, since I'm getting a xbox... Cyberpunk 2077

Graciaus

Demon's souls is the only game on that list I'd want to play.

But i do think multiplatforms are where the majority of the great games come from.

reksveks

Would you believe I made this knowing exclusives would win and am simply sick of bad arguments? Find me empirical proof of what sways a CoD fan on what console to get, btw.

examples of the bad faith arguments? what would count as empirical proof?

I don't even know if i count this as empirical proof.

Last edited:
Top Bottom