• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Japan daily sales 28/7

Rock_Man

Code:
[B]PS2 Dai-3-Ji Super Robot Taisen Alpha (Banpresto)
PS2 Kaido: Touge no Densetsu (Genki)
PS2 Shadow Hearts: From the New World (Aruze)
PS2 Let's make a Pro Baseball Team! 3  (Sega)
PS2 Zero: Shisei no Shou  (Tecmo)
GBA Shin Bokura no Taiyou: Gyakushuu no Sabata (Konami)
PS2 Mahou Sensei Negima! 2-Jikanme Gold Edition (Konami)
PS2 Simple 2000 Series Vol. 81: The Chikyuu Boueigun 2 (D3)
PSP Tenchu: Shinobi Taizen (From Software)
PS2 Mahou Sensei Negima! 2-Jikanme Silver Edition (Konami)
NDS Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan  (Nintendo[/B])
NDS Yawaraka Atamajuku (Nintendo)
[B]PS2 Taito Memories Vol. 1 (Taito)
PS2 Dai-3-Ji Super Robot Taisen Alpha Premium Edition (Banpresto)
PS2 Ururun Quest (D3)
GBA Konjiki no Gashbell!! The Card Battle for GBA (Banpresto)[/B]
GC Super Mario Stadium Miracle Baseball (Nintendo)
NDS Nou wo Kitaeru Otona no DS Training (Nintendo)
[B]GBA Futari wa Precure Max Heart: Maji? Maji!? Fight de IN Janai (Bandai)[/B]
PS2 Powerful Pro Baseball 12 (Konami)

New games bolded.

ziran

Jonnyram said:
The grapevine is saying that SRW sold 400k already.
!

as much as i like the idea of non games expanding the market, it's nice to see a [more traditional] game selling so well.

so ouendan maybe 10-20k? hopefully word of mouth will increase sales.

Taker666

Rock_Man said:
What about Ouendan?? Not even top 10 :(

Doesn't surprise me.

It has the same problem as Electroplankton.

They only announced it a month or two prior to launch so it had no time to build up anticipation/hype.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Shadow Hearts 3 is out? impressions please how does it stack up to SH2? the game looked awesome in the trailers I hope it doesn't disappoint.

Rocket9

gamewhooper said:
I can see Ouendan getting more popular by word of mouth. Also, don't Nintendo games sell much better on the weekends?
I mean the PSP game. Any non-Nintendo game starting at number 9 will always dissapear from the face of the earth a day or two later

Ouendan. That's the cheerleading game?

Altermo

Error2k4 said:
Shadow Hearts 3 is out? impressions please how does it stack up to SH2? the game looked awesome in the trailers I hope it doesn't disappoint.

Yeah, I'd like to know that too. I hope Bebpo will post his impressions soon. :)

Taker666 said:
Must have bombed. Again not that surprising, Pac Pix was always the more interesting and hyped game and that only did OK.

For the type of game Pac-Pix was it did very well. I think it has sold over 90,000 in Japan alone.

Rock_Man

Code:
PS2 Dai-3-Ji Super Robot Taisen Alpha (Banpresto)
NDS Yawaraka Atamajuku (Nintendo)
PS2 Let's make a Pro Baseball Team! 3  (Sega)
PS2 Kaido: Touge no Densetsu (Genki)
NDS Nou wo Kitaeru Otona no DS Training (Nintendo)
GC Super Mario Stadium Miracle Baseball (Nintendo)
PS2 Shadow Hearts: From the New World (Aruze)
PS2 Sengoku Basara (Capcom)
PS2 Jikkyou Powerful Pro Baseball 12 (Konami)
GBA Shin Bokura no Taiyou: Gyakushuu no Sabata (Konami)
PS2 Zero: Shisei no Shou  (Tecmo)
GBA Mushi King (Sega)
PSP Tenchu: Shinobi Taizen (From Software)
PS2 Ape Escape 3
PS2 Simple 2000 Series Vol. 81: The Chikyuu Boueigun 2 (D3)
NDS Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan  (Nintendo)
GBA Futari wa Precure Max Heart: Maji? Maji!? Fight de IN Janai (Bandai)
PS2 Taito Memories Vol. 1 (Taito)
PS2 Mahou Sensei Negima! 2-Jikanme Gold Edition (Konami)
NDS Yu-gi-oh! Nightmare Troubadour (Konami)

Mandoric

Banned
JonnyRam said:
The grapevine is saying that SRW sold 400k already.

If that's true, that's pretty damn good, as the promotional material coming out of Banpresto indicated the first press was 500,000 copies, and these figures don't cover export.

That's good, though; I've been playing my copy, and it's great. Does an excellent job of combining the new thinking of the Alpha series with the smooth gameplay of the original, with no load issues like 2 or even 1. Even the reused animations don't suffer like they did in Alpha 2's extremely buggy hi-res mode, too, and the difficulty is way up there.

Zeo

Banned
Bebpo said:
Well then just imagine how good a decent PSP game would sell in Japan ;P

I think we've already seen how good decent PSP games sell since there have already been plenty. ;P

Bebpo

Banned
Mandoric said:
If that's true, that's pretty damn good, as the promotional material coming out of Banpresto indicated the first press was 500,000 copies, and these figures don't cover export.

That's good, though; I've been playing my copy, and it's great. Does an excellent job of combining the new thinking of the Alpha series with the smooth gameplay of the original, with no load issues like 2 or even 1. Even the reused animations don't suffer like they did in Alpha 2's extremely buggy hi-res mode, too, and the difficulty is way up there.

Yeah. I've only messed around with the first few missions on each route but I agree with pretty much everything you said.

I've never been a real SRW player because the load times have always turned me off (I got SRWA & SRWMX back in the day and didn't really play much of either because of the loading). So suddenly with SRWA3 having almost no loading at all I'm really excited about going through the entire game. Also not having played SRWA2 it's all new animation for me and wow does it look incredible. Anyhow the high polish and lack of load times in SRWA3 makes it the first "mainstream friendly" SRW IMO and it deserves the high sales because of it.

Top Bottom