• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Joe Staten is now “Head of Creative” at 343i for Halo Infinite

This is how 343 should have been all along. They should have opened their cheque books and poached more Bungie/Ex Halo staffers. It would have saved a food nipple or two of resources and time over these years while satisfying big grunty thirsting.

Great news for Halo, whether he has enough time to repair the franchise after the disaster Infinite showing is another thing. If 343 doesn't close after the release, I hope that he gets more creative control and fire some staff out of a cannon. My advice is to
4insKMA.gif
Sarcasm?

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
Stinkles was and still is "Franchise Creative Director."

Game companies are particularly bad with hard to decipher titles; but I imagine Stinkles is directly below Staten now.

Tschumi

I'm excited enough about what they'll come up with, but i feel like this might be a game that never gets released, and the next thing we get will be a dark souls style action game like Jedi Fallen Order for 1313

CitizenZ

Banned
So, 'scuse me if im wrong, he has 10 months to fix/ create something special that has been in development for 5 yrs(maybe wrong). Ok.

Fuck yes, Staten woohooooooo

But I still have no hope for 343i. To me, they don't know what Halo is, at least like Bungie knew, so every release they made is just pure shit. Man, I miss my Halo back in the days. And yeah, I really loved Bungie back in the day, like reaaaaaally loved them. And Halo CE was and still is my favorite game of all time.

Witchilich

I hope after Halo Infinite he gets a chance to make the Destiny he always wanted to make.
Bungie, with Staten on board, built Halo 2 from scratch in 9 months. 343 has 10 until Infinite launches, and it would seem Daddy-Spencer has written a blank cheque, because they've got God-only-knows how many merc companies on hand to throw un-Godly amounts of man hours at this thing. I'm pessimistic as fuck about 343i, but if there is one person on this Earth I trust to deliver on Halo, its Joe Staten.
So, 'scuse me if im wrong, he has 10 months to fix/ create something special that has been in development for 5 yrs(maybe wrong). Ok.
Its way more than 10 months. He has been here for a while.

But Halo Infinite is already content complete, so he is not here to make any changes. Post Halo Infinite everything will be from him.

Last edited:

Iorv3th

Infinite going to bomb and they are bringing him on to get people to have faith that it will be awesome like the old games

The Alien

Banned
Probably lining him up for an even bigger gig at 343 after launch.

Microsoft will let this team launch Infinite, but post-launch, they'll evaluate 343 and I expect major changes (people "leaving", etc.)....and expext Staten to be part of them.

Shubh_C63

I'm excited enough about what they'll come up with, but i feel like this might be a game that never gets released, and the next thing we get will be a dark souls style action game like Jedi Fallen Order for 1313
Of all the cases that could have happen, this will never happen the most.

It's called Halo Infinite. It's a service as a game. The amount of revenue they will earn just through skins and crap over their multiplayer would be enough to push this out.

No. But it's a possibility. I mean he's a writer so I doubt he's really contributing anything to this project, i'd assume the writing is already done.
He's almost certainly changed dialogue in the game that's for certain. Probably too late to change plot though. Staten is a smart guy beyond his writing, and he knows what works in terms of gameplay for a Halo game. I expect he's changed some encounters in the game and possibly added some extra side missions as well.

Papacheeks

Banned
I hope after Halo Infinite he gets a chance to make the Destiny he always wanted to make.

But Halo Infinite is already content complete, so he is not here to make any changes. Post Halo Infinite everything will be from him.

Halo infinite was already talked when they announced it to not have another halo. It's going to go the destiny route, expect expansions that each one is it's own story with it's own locations, villains. So I would assume the future content is what Staten is being made main creative. He's helping them write the lore, and probably get story locked for each expansion/content drop that they will make for the future. They said they want to do like expansions that focus on their own individual stories that will interconnect. So imagine one expansions is on Brutes, another is on prometheon, others covenant, flood, cortana ect.

There is no halo after infinite, infinite is a platform now with each big expansions being treated like it's possibly a stand alone that all is built within infinite.

CitizenZ

Banned

Sorry, 15 months.

Kimahri

Banned
Great news for Halo, whether he has enough time to repair the franchise after the disaster Infinite showing is another thing. If 343 doesn't close after the release, I hope that he gets more creative control and fire some staff out of a cannon. My advice is to
4insKMA.gif

It's funny how people exaggerate that showing. Let's face it, if they had showed face melting graphics, but otherwise exactly the same stuff, most people would be howling with joy.

Game looked like fun, I don't care about the rest, but Staten on board can only mean good things.

Mr.ODST

Great news for SP fans, really hope the MP is good, after playing MCC last couple of months I hope it literally fists me so hard with awesomeness.

Sakura

Bungie, with Staten on board, built Halo 2 from scratch in 9 months. 343 has 10 until Infinite launches, and it would seem Daddy-Spencer has written a blank cheque, because they've got God-only-knows how many merc companies on hand to throw un-Godly amounts of man hours at this thing. I'm pessimistic as fuck about 343i, but if there is one person on this Earth I trust to deliver on Halo, its Joe Staten.
Halo 2 wasn't built from scratch in 9 months.

BLAUcopter

Gold Member
No. But it's a possibility. I mean he's a writer so I doubt he's really contributing anything to this project, i'd assume the writing is already done.
What kind of mindset is this to have? Having Staten on board can only be a positive thing for such a beloved franchise. No fun allowed much? Jesus.

Top Bottom