• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Hardware Sales Funtime

Rhindle

June Hardware Sales

PSP = 294,000
PS2 = 355,000
Xbox = 168,000
GCN = 70,000
GBA/DS = 400,000 (approx)

June Top 25 Software Sales

US Top 25 Videogame Titles
Rank Title Publisher

1 XBX GRAND THEFT AUTO: SAN ANDREAS Take 2 Interactive
2 PS2 SW EPISODE III: SITH LucasArts
3 GBA POKEMON EMERALD Nintendo
4 XBX CONKER: LIVE AND RELOADED Microsoft
5 PS2 MEDAL OF HONOR: EUROPEAN AS Electronic Arts
6 PS2 LEGO STAR WARS LucasArts
7 PS2 DESTROY ALL HUMANS! THQ
8 PS2 MIDNIGHT CLUB 3: DUB Take 2 Interactive
9 XBX SW EPISODE III: SITH LucasArts
10 XBX DESTROY ALL HUMANS! THQ
11 PS2 MADAGASCAR Activision
12 XBX MEDAL OF HONOR: EUROPEAN AS Electronic Arts
13 XBX FORZA MOTORSPORT Microsoft
14 PS2 GOD OF WAR Sony
15 PS2 BATMAN BEGINS Electronic Arts
16 GBA MADAGASCAR Activision
17 XBX LEGO STAR WARS LucasArts
18 PS2 JUICED THQ
19 GBA FIRE EMBLEM: THE SACRED STONE Nintendo
20 PS2 MVP BASEBALL 2005 Electronic Arts
21 NDS KIRBY: CANVAS CURSE Nintendo
22 GCN MADAGASCAR Activision
23 PSP NEED SPEED:UND. RIVALS Electronic Arts
24 GBA SW EPISODE III: SITH LucasArts
25 XBX ADVENT RISING Majesco
Note: Ranked in terms of $$$ sales.

CSFB Notes:

· Overall US videogame and PC software sales were up 1% y/y in the month of June, slower than the 30% growth we saw in May due to the tough comparison with last year’s hardware price cuts. For the quarter, US videogame and PC software sales were up 7%. 128-bit software sales were down 6% year over year.

· Handheld software sales were up 44% y/y, benefiting from another full month of software for the PSP and the release of Pokemon Emerald in May. The top selling title overall was Take-Two’s Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas for the Xbox while EA’s Battlefield 2 was the top selling PC title.

Rhindle said:
June Hardware Sales

PSP = 294,000
PS2 = 355,000
Xbox = 168,000
GCN = 70,000

PSP: MUCH BETTER THAN I THOUGHT
PS2: MUCH BETTER THAN I THOUGHT
XBX: BARELY BETTER THAN I THOUGHT
GCN: BETTER THAN I THOUGHT
GBA/DS: MUCH BETTER THAN WHAT I THOUGHT - Could DS have hit ~150k??

Monorojo

Banned
Well does any one honestly think DS could have sold as much as GBA for June, especially considering Pokemon was just released a month or so prior?

I just wish we had seperate numbers -_-

PSP sales went up from last month, so much for falling sales.

Hero

sonycowboy said:
GBA: ABOUT WHAT I THOUGHT
DS: LOWER THAN I THOUGHT.

I really hope you're kidding. Unless you can somehow magically discern how the 400,000 was broken up?

sly

Banned
Rhindle said:
June Hardware Sales

PSP = 294,000
PS2 = 355,000
Xbox = 168,000
GCN = 70,000

I was so wrong :lol :

sly said:
OK I'll start. My predictions:

Xbox: 180,000
PS2: 215,000
GC: 57,000
PSP: 225,000
DS + GBA: 275,000

olimario

Banned
monchi-kun said:
DS hardware total (stand alone and new bundle) = 112k
Really? Source?
If true, Nintendo needs to do something drastic in NA.
I've seen virtually no advertising for the DS.

Damn, it was ALL Sony & Nintendo Handhelds.

WTH was the reason for the monster PS2 bump?? There was no new software (of any real note)

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
olimario said:
Really? Source?
If true, Nintendo needs to do something drastic in NA.
I've seen virtually no advertising for the DS.

i saw no advertising for the DS bundle at all, except for the sunday newspaper ads. i always thought that promotion failed, didnt seem many people knew about it

I thought Sony got the reports. And if Rhindle is privy to this information, how come only Monchi could report the independant sales of the DS and GBA?

Mrbob

Damn. PSP hardware sales are really doing a slow burn like SCEA planned. I'm a little surprised. Methinks PS3 may come out next spring in NA looking at PSP sales. PSP was a test for SCEA and it is succeeding in month over month sales I would say. PSP gets a second boost this xmas too. Planning a spring launch is working great for PSP. PSP should be just over 1.5 million sold now in NA.

Looking at Pokemon Emerald sales and Mario 64 DS bundle plus DS software sales, I wouldn't be surprised if that 400K breakdown works around 250K GBA and 150K DS.

I thought Sony got the reports. And if Rhindle is privy to this information, how come only Monchi could report the independant sales of the DS and GBA?

It was a guess....

Mrbob said:
Damn. PSP hardware sales are really doing a slow burn like SCEA planned. I'm a little surprised. Methinks PS3 may come out next spring in NA looking at PSP sales. PSP was a test for SCEA and it is succeeding in month over month sales I would say. PSP gets a second boost this xmas too. Planning a spring launch is working great for PSP. PSP should be just over 1.5 million sold now in NA.

Looking at Pokemon Emerald sales and Mario 64 DS bundle plus DS software sales, I wouldn't be surprised if that 400K breakdown works around 250K GBA and 150K DS.

It was a guess....

The 112k DS number is 100% real.

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
Well we know what software WON'T be #1 next month... didn't some people predict a PSP drop this month... and wtf... the PS2 just won't stop...

border

CoolTrick said:
I don't see any reason to believe anyone's number of the DS/GBA split until someone says how they know it.
What reason is there to believe ANY of the hardware numbers here?

Top Bottom