• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kazuma Kiryu has seen better days

Nankatsu

Gold Member
yakuza-chase.gif

Japanese police looks so clumsy.

-Zelda-

Banned
What took them so long to take this guy down? Almost a dozen cops and more than half the video is them punking out over one guy with a stick until they all of a sudden remember that they are also armed and are more of them. The way it ended though. I could see bleeding hearts bitching about him being dogpilled and held down at the end if this were in America.

Last edited:

kiphalfton

I told myself "what a waste of resources; they really needed half a dozen cops to handle the situation?"

Until it dawned on me it's no different on the US, even for a routine traffic stop.

Go_Ly_Dow

What took them so long to take this guy down? Almost a dozen cops and more than half the video is them punking out over one guy with a stick until they all of a sudden remember that they are also armed and are more of them. The way it ended though. I could see bleeding hearts bitching about him being dogpilled and held down at the end if this were in America.
Seems like they were almost goading or waiting for the guy to assault an officer.

phaedrus

I am super impressed.
It's such a simple soluton. No need to waste money on guns, tasers and they deescalated and dealt with the situation with low violence levels.
It's called a sasumata. Many schools in Japan have them as standard equipment to handle intruders:

unlurkified

Well, that’s usually just as crazy as it gets in Japan. No burning down of Targets. Too bad the cops just weren’t impressed with him going full Star Wars kid.

• LOL
Reactions: Isa

unlurkified

I lived in Japan for about 10 years. Japanese police are hilarious. If you are speeding, they radio a guy on foot up ahead and he literally jumps out in front of your car with a flag to "pull you over."
Been here twelve years so far. I once got stopped by police while riding my bicycle because they had to tell me how dangerous it was for my umbrella to be protruding out the side of my basket. Thought it was hilarious. The Nanny State is real.

Go_Ly_Dow

I had one run in with the Japanese police it was them asking to see my foreign residence card to make sure I wasn't some illegal. However I had actually lost it several months prior and wasn't aware I had..... So earlier on that same day I got a call from the police station saying we have found a lost item belonging to you and I needed to come get it. I thought this was my missing bus card not being aware I had lost my residence card. So I went to the station and got it. Several hours later I was hiking and thats when the cop asked to see it. If I hadn't have produced it they would have taken me to the station which would have been a ballache. So I was extremely lucky that day.

Last edited:

Isa

Excited for Kiryu this week. Maybe the Gamepass price increase was out of that guy's budget and he's mad as hell. I feel you dawg.
Sad Goro Majima GIF

This inflation and the devaluation of the Dollar Yen is enough to push a man over.

SantaC

Doesnt Japan have the lowest crime rate in the world? I am not suprised since 10 policemen couldnt handle a single guy with a stick.

Impotaku

What i love is they still use those manhandlers on sticks, something that's been used since the edo period & yet in 2023 still getting them use out of them. You know you fucked up in Japan if they are coming at you with a pronged stick.

• LOL
Reactions: Isa
Top Bottom