• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killzone Mercenary Multiplayer Game Modes and Maps Revealed

RiverBed

Banned
Yep, its releasing one week earlier than first planned i think.

Warzone is a mix of different modes, all in one match. First you start with for example deathmatch, then the team who reaches the highest kill first (like 50) gets one point for the team. After this, it might be capture the flag. Then there might be demolition (blowing up an object), then protecting one person on your team, then domination (holding points). The team who wins most of these in total wins the match. The modes are in random order in each round.
best of all is it's a seamless transition.

6 Maps. 8 players...

I am sad now. Will likely feel the same as the other Vita fps games.

Not that this is the solution you're looking for, but Sony seems to be hopping on the DLC bandwagon as of late, so if it sells well, we may get more maps in the future.
If they're free, even better...

Dyno

Warzone

In Warzone, two factions face off in five different missions. Each mission features its own rules and objectives that rely on teamwork, strategy and tactical play. The results from each mission are tallied together to reveal the winners of this epic battle.

This is what I loved about Killzone 3! Five different game modes one after the other, so you end up playing for round 45 minutes! That is an awesome ratio of gunplay vs. time spent waiting in the lobby. It also earns you good XP so you level up at a nice clip.

Looking forward to it!

Cornbread78

wow looks great.
And Warzone is a really great mode Im suprised not more have copied

My thought exactly, Resistance 3, and MoH could have really benefited frmo this. The same for Crysis 3.....

The game is looking better and better every minute!

This is what I loved about Killzone 3! Five different game modes one after the other, so you end up playing for round 45 minutes! That is an awesome ratio of gunplay vs. time spent waiting in the lobby. It also earns you good XP so you level up at a nice clip.

Looking forward to it!

It was MUCH BETTER in KZ2 with all the custom lobbies....

meppi

It was MUCH BETTER in KZ2 with all the custom lobbies....

Very true, but still.
So surprising that this mode hasn't been copied by other games yet.
Personally I feel that Warzone is one of the best things to happen to fps multiplayer in a long time.
Too bad the design choices in KZ3 pissed me off so much.

KillGore

Yeah....I now want this. FPS on a twin stick portable console with proper online? I'm in. Had high expectations for COD but it ended up being horrible, so was Resistance.

Would be awesome if this plays closer to KZ2 then 3...I spent so many hours in KZ2 compared to 3 I just didn't like all the changes they made, still day 1 for me.

VanWinkle

Eppy Thatcher

God's had his chance.
Ooohhh doin a little dance... this is the bad boy that is going to make me go out and buy a new mem card for my vita...
can't wait. should be epics.

lantus

Too much awesome Sony news today, I don't know how I'm going to get through next week. Anyways, my Vita is ready!

SpaceNun

Banned
This looks too awesome. Streaming from PS4 and a few games like this would make the Vita very attractive if it were slightly cheaper.

demolitio

I was hoping for 8v8 but 4v4 can work if the maps are done well. Either way, 8 players and 6 maps is better than 0 players and 0 maps currently on my Vita. Well, I guess 2 players and like 45 maps if I count The Show on there... :p

Can't believe how good it looks. Hopefully Sony has some surprises for us at E3 because it's one of my favorite pieces of hardware in my house and I'd love to see more games come to it besides just streaming games from the PS4 even though I'm ecstatic about that. The OLED screen really needs some love because it's too amazing not to be put to good use.

Killzone on the Vita is a good way to show off its power though. I just hope there's a MP community for months at least.

Hopefully I won't be the only person in Japan who will buy this, and I'll be able to enjoy a match without that pesky Pacific ocean causing seconds of lag.

daffy

Banned
That frame rate was yanking the last time we saw it wasn't it? Nothing worse than a fully featured game with sloppy play by play. Well cancer is worse but you know what I mean.

Top Bottom