• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KOF XV Official Reveal !!

Kokoloko85

KOF XIII is free with Games With Gold right now.

db1.gif

I already have it :) thanks for the heads up

McCheese

Oof, I guess if they delayed both announcements it's more of a logistical problem than a quality control one right?

Hoppa

This is nice and all, but...

GIVE ME MY CAPCOM VS. SNK 3! I'm sick of you and Capcom twiddling ya dicks, whores! Let's fuckin' go!

But I am amped to see the new postponed trailer. =D
Fuck yes! Would love a new Capcom vs SNK!

Sucks about the trailer, I'm just anxious about the art direction this time around. I didn't stick around for XIV because it looks like shit. Even the KOF mobile game has better character models and animations

MiguelItUp

Well, the pics definitely look better than the previous iteration. That's something. Also, Tam Tam for SamSho? LFG!

All I'm waiting for now is a Steam confirmation and a date, lmao.

Barnabot

Well, the pics definitely look better than the previous iteration. That's something. Also, Tam Tam for SamSho? LFG!

All I'm waiting for now is a Steam confirmation and a date, lmao.
prolly it's gonna be an epic exclusive again. just like samurai shodown 2019. 'cause "fuck you" and "fuck the entire playerbase, love snk"

MiguelItUp

prolly it's gonna be an epic exclusive again. just like samurai shodown 2019. 'cause "fuck you" and "fuck the entire playerbase, love snk"
You're not wrong. I want to believe, but yeah, I don't see us getting it on Steam until later, if at all.

I'm just hoping we get those details about SamSho on Steam sometime soonly as they've been on EGS for awhile. That year mark is on the horizon!

Ferdimage

Looks better than 14 so Im happy with that.
SNK images have leaked, just roll the tape now so we can see it in motion.

Wonko_C

It shows how better shadows/skin/shader/effects/whatever-it-is-called can make a difference, looks like the same character models otherwise.

Last edited:

Vaelka

The previous game did improve quite a bit from announcement to launch so I am expecting that here too.

Barnabot

can we salvage Survivors Under the Sky from kofxiv and inject into kofxv? Good stuff should be preserved.

I'm willing to believe these potential leaks, as the 3D models look similar in quality to what's in the new Samurai Shodown. Assuming this is all legit, the visuals are an improvement over KoFIV, but still mediocre, although they meet my expectations for modern SNK. Hopefully the game will look nice motion.

This is nice and all, but...

GIVE ME MY CAPCOM VS. SNK 3! I'm sick of you and Capcom twiddling ya dicks, whores! Let's fuckin' go!

But I am amped to see the new postponed trailer. =D
Ha, last week I wrote my wishlist for a CvS3 roster with 3-member teams.
Why are the best dudes in 2D spritework doing average 3D now? :lollipop_pensive:
Because sprites take way too much work and money. I’m just happy they can replicate the exact feel of 2D games with 3D.

TheFawz

Pretty dissapointed with how it looks, I was hoping it would be further away from the XIV visual style and go back to XIII or better yet the classic games. Not sold on the SFIV style black highlights but at least it looks more celshaded/styalized and better than XIV. Hope we get to see how it looks in motation from the standard side-view angle

Alright so the screenshots don’t do the game justice imo, we need to see the characters in motion.

I do like the colors and shading. Eyes are hit or miss though. Kyo’s bandana doesn’t need wrinkles, but the jacket is dope. K’ looking lit as usual. Leona deserves a new outfit, but this one is fine. I hope the other characters get redesigns whether small or big.

Also the backgrounds seem quite lively and festive which is something I love about KoF.

Spacefish

It's telling that games press leaked this because they thought it was a bunch of KOF 14 screens. Going from disgusting to mediocre is still a big step up but the long term fall from 2d mastery to 3d mediocrity is still jarring. Looking at this and samsho It feels like they are scrambling to look like budget Capcom instead of the aesthetic pioneers they used to be.

Top Bottom