• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Konami releasing 7 major console titles in 2014 & another 7 in 2015

It seems Konami is planning to release 7 major console titles in 2014, and expects to see the same number of titles released by the third quarter of 2015.

David Gibson
@gibbogame
Follow

Konami budgeted to release 7 major console titles this year and sees the same number released in FY3/2015

So Metal Gear Solid Ground Zeroes, Castlevania Lords of Shadow 2, PES15, Professional Baseball Spirits 2014 and New Loveplus Plus, 5 titles.

So would the remaining 2 be Silent Hill 9, Contra Reboot ?!

https://twitter.com/gibbogame/status/431309895192035328
http://www.polygon.com/2014/2/6/5385442/konami-budgets-for-14-new-games-by-2015

============================
Stake me if old.

Presumably, Gibson means this fiscal year, not this calendar year, meaning that it includes titles already released from April 2013 until now.

Though seven for the next fiscal year is more than I would expect.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Contra.

........that's still a thing, right? It's been, what, 2.5 years since that E3 tease?

Chobel

What does "major title" mean here? I for one don't consider Ground Zeroes as major console title.

EDIT: Also Loveplus isn't a cosnole game.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
It can be any of these:

Suikoden 6
Silent Hill 9 by Team Siren
Igavania

Has there been any remote rumblings about a Silent Hill 9?

Downpour was flawed but I liked it (sue me)

I second this. Silent Hill Downpour had its problems, but I believe they were on the right track. Just make better monsters, a better story, and get rid of that terrible breakable weapons system. I don't even know why they decided to put that in Downpour after it was atrocious in Origins.

Silkworm

I was tempted to list a Capcom title to continue the Capcom=Konami meme but then thought better of it.

So how about a new Zone of Enders game?

Arsenic13

Silent Hill 9 is technically Book of Memories. It's a canon spinoff.

I'd very much like to see a new Silent Hill though, but Konami needs to step up their act and properly support a SH game through development. Their "Month of Madness" was horrible.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Love Plus gritty third person shooter eboot where you need to protect the girls from crazy otaku cultists: The Love Plus
Nah, it'll be a spin-off where you can date the females from various Konami games, like Castlevania, Goemon, MGS, etc.

Tenki

Do they count every sku as a title?

I mean, MGS would be 4 titles (MGS X360, MGS XB1, MGS PS3, MGS PS4).

Considering this is from April to March '15 (so no Castlevania LoS2 and MGS: Ground Zeroes), I can't see 7 different major games released.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
Don't set yourself up for disappointment. It won't be anything good. Maybe we will get Contra for Call of Duty fans. Oh boyyyyy.

For 2014:

Ground Zero
Phantom Pain
Phantom Pain GOTY
Phantom Pain resurgesubsistenciescy
Castlevania LoS 2
Castlevania LoS2 GOTY
PES 2015

2015:

rinse and repeat

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
How many of those titles will be the 1 level demos of the actual titles releasing the year after?

Danneee

Gradius 3D space shooter. Like a more diverse Project Sylpheed and with much prettier graphics. For current gen consoles.

Edit: with ZoE crossover ofc.

It seems Konami is planning to release 7 major console titles in 2014, and expects to see the same number of titles released by the third quarter of 2015.

So Metal Gear Solid Ground Zeroes, Castlevania Lords of Shadow 2, PES15, Professional Baseball Spirits 2014 and New Loveplus Plus, 5 titles.

You forgot Jikkyou Powerful Pro Baseball 2014. They release new Jikkyou game ever year.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Gradius 3D space shooter. Like a more diverse Project Sylpheed and with much prettier graphics. For current gen consoles.

Edit: with ZoE crossover ofc.
Now I just want a huge Konami Shmup Collection. Combine the Gradius, Salamander, and Parodius Collections that came out and re-release on PS360 & Vita. Maybe add some others like Gradius Rebirth to it.

Top Bottom