• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Konami releasing 7 major console titles in 2014 & another 7 in 2015

Chabbles

Silenthill 1 reimagined in the Fox engine, with key devs from the original making a return, including the original composer.

Musolf815

Has there been any remote rumblings about a Silent Hill 9?

Downpour was flawed but I liked it (sue me)

Konami asked Kojima to direct, he said he thinks the series should continue but he doesn't like horror so he's wary to direct, he'd rather let them use the Fox Engine to make the game and help with that.

I also heard a rumor that team Silent was being reformed? Not sure if it's true.

Silky

Banned
Seven games I won't be buying at all. Unless Konami suddenly decides to release Bonk: Brink of Extinction.

Which, they won't. Because they're Konami.

Tripon

Guys, I love Suikoden as much as the next person, but that series is dead. ;_; Don't raise my hooooooooooooooooooooooooopes.

It can be any of these:

Suikoden 6
Silent Hill 9 by Team Siren
Igavania

Who or what is Team Siren? You mean the Sony Japan team? Why would they do work-for-hire stuff for another publisher? Not to mention that they're busy with Gravity Rush now (and have been renamed Team Gravity).

VideoMan

30% Failure Rate
I noticed Kojima Productions Los Angeles posted some pretty major job openings just yesterday, too.

Game Designer, Lead
Senior Environment Artist
Senior System Engineer
Network Programmer, Lead
Sound Designer, Lead
Creative Director
Technology Director
Senior Multiplayer Designer

http://jobs.gamasutra.com/company/kojima-productions-la-67-631

Leads, seniors and directors...these aren't just support positions. Looks like they're gearing up for a major new project.

Lucifon

How many total hours of gameplay across these titles?

But seriously, would love to see a good new Silent Hill game for next gen.

Asd202

A Love plus game is major? WTF Japan.

Come on, Suikoden VI. I feel it in my bones.
It can be any of these:

Suikoden 6
This. Please, a proper Suikoden again. Please Konami, I'll take back every mean thing I've ever said. ;_;
Genso Suikoden VI
Is Suikoden 3, 4, 5 HD release could be considered as major console title?
or a Suikoden HD collection, the EU needs to get 3 afterall
Let it go dudes real Suikoden is dead.

I'm surprised all seven aren't cash grab efforts using the Metal Gear name.

Why not just take Phantom Pain and divide it into a bunch of $40 chunks?

Alienous

I'm surprised all seven aren't cash grab efforts using the Metal Gear name.

Why not just take Phantom Pain and divide it into a bunch of $40 chunks?

I reckon they could still split it into two. I don't think they will, but TPP seems to have at least two distinct settings.

Bruno MB

K1wVMha.jpg

oN2qQcf.jpg

Pro Evolution Soccer suffered a big decline.

Code:
[B]Genre / Category (Soccer)[/B]

FY2014 Q1-3 (3.72 million)
FY2013 Q1-3 (5.52 million)
FY2012 Q1-3 (5.73 million)
FY2011 Q1-3 (6.56 million)
FY2010 Q1-3 (6.96 million)
FY2009 Q1-3 (7.41 million)
FY2008 Q1-3 (7.46 million)

http://www.konami.co.jp/en/ir/ir-data/meeting/2014/0206_811350.pdf

TreIII

A true Bomberman, Rising 2 and a Tak Fuji (hope he's feeling better) directed "Extreeeeeeeeme Goemon" are the main things that would make me interested.

...Well, at least Rising 2 is somewhat likely, given that poll.

Has there been any remote rumblings about a Silent Hill 9?

Downpour was flawed but I liked it (sue me)
yup, Kojima + FOX Engine + Silent Hill
In September 2012, Konami's president asked Hideo Kojima, producer of Konami's Metal Gear Solid series, to direct the next Silent Hill installment, to which he said he would love to, using the graphic technology known as the FOX engine.

LINK

So in General I think Konami is yet to abandon Silent Hill.
Interesting. Might we see some reveals in E3 from them, I wonder? Most likely.
well what does Konami have after March ?!
They need to show/announce something at E3 if you ask me.

Presumably, Gibson means this fiscal year, not this calendar year, meaning that it includes titles already released from April 2013 until now.

Though seven for the next fiscal year is more than I would expect.
hmmmm, maybe, I am not sure, but even so 7 titles in the next fiscal year, what could those be !!!

Contra.

........that's still a thing, right? It's been, what, 2.5 years since that E3 tease?
Naaaah, that thing you saw is gone, but rumors have it that MercurySteam may do a Contra Reboot, Dave Cox hinted at it way too many times over the years.

Are they including handheld titles in that number? If so, Loveplus+ shouldn't be there.
Not sure, but in the Polygon article the company specifically mentioned it, so I thought maybe it is one of the key titles.

With a symphonic but utterly empty, somewhat soulless score to go with it.

LOL WUT

You may not like it, may you consider it cliche, but is not exactly soulless.

So would I. But we'll get some boring cinematic turd from David Cox instead.

Is not like IGA castlevania was devoid of heavy story content and some sterile design choices, being fair.

Now, I don't want a Mercury Steam's Contra. As the series is pretty much fast gameplay and action.

Shin-Ra

Poy Poy 3. Budgeted for $15-20 initial download sale, simple modelling and texturing like the original but dazzling lighting and particles. At least 20 arenas and upgradable glove types, 12 characters with their own movement/evasion styles.

Beat Capcom to the Power Stone revival.

Asd202

yeah man it's been TWO YEARS since the last release in that franchise, doesnt get deader than that!

It's been almost 8 years -_-. Tierkis and that PSP game are not real Suikoden hence I wrote REAL Suikoden that every fan wants is dead.

Neolith

Silenthill 1 reimagined in the Fox engine, with key devs from the original making a return, including the original composer.

Konami asked Kojima to direct, he said he thinks the series should continue but he doesn't like horror so he's wary to direct, he'd rather let them use the Fox Engine to make the game and help with that.

I also heard a rumor that team Silent was being reformed? Not sure if it's true.

Stop toying with my heart

Musolf815

Stop toying with my heart

"In the past I’ve mentioned Silent Hill in interviews, and as a result of that the president of Konami rung me up and said he’d like me to make the next Silent Hill," stated the mad developer. "Honestly, I’m kind of a scaredy-cat when it comes to horror movies, so I’m not confident I can do it. At the same time, there’s a certain type of horror that only people who are scared of can create, so maybe it’s something I can do.

"That said, I think Silent Hill has a certain atmosphere. I think it has to continue, and I’d love to help it continue, and if I can help by supervising or lending the technology of the Fox Engine, then I’d love to participate in that respect."

http://www.destructoid.com/konami-has-asked-hideo-kojima-to-helm-silent-hill-235750.phtml

Crom

It seems Konami is planning to release 7 major console titles in 2014, and expects to see the same number of titles released by the third quarter of 2015.

So Metal Gear Solid Ground Zeroes, Castlevania Lords of Shadow 2, PES15, Professional Baseball Spirits 2014 and New Loveplus Plus, 5 titles.

So would the remaining 2 be Silent Hill 9, Contra Reboot ?!

https://twitter.com/gibbogame/status/431309895192035328
http://www.polygon.com/2014/2/6/5385442/konami-budgets-for-14-new-games-by-2015

============================
Stake me if old.

Shouldn't be hard if all of their games are 2 hours long and can be speed ran through in 5 minutes. (looking at you Metal Gear)

TriGen

A lot more than I would expect. Hopefully they have something interesting to show in their pre-recorded pre-E3 video this year.

Tayaya

When are we going to get CS releases of any of the last 4-5 IIDX and/or Pop'n Music releases?

A localized Pro Yakyuu will never happen (is 2014 coming to PS4? I've pre-ordered the Vita version becuase I haven't played a PYS game since 2010), which is a damned shame.

ZOE? Please? Hell I'll even buy a new Air Force Delta if you at least promise me you'll think about a new ZOE, Konami.

All of these Japanese Devs.... they have a rabid fanbase that are very public and vocal about what they want.... and none of them seem to listen or slap a free-to-play model on top of what would otherwise be a good product. It boggles the mind how out of touch they can seem sometimes (though I'm totally OK without the FFVII HD Remake... Xenogears however...).

Contra, Gradius, Twinbee, Mystical Ninja, and an amazing plethora of other classic mindshare they have, not to mention Bomberman and all the IP they aquired from buying up the Hudson/TG-16/PC Engine properties and....Konami just does nothing with it all.

Barakov

The current state of Konami bothers me. Of course, their current state is probably due to considering Metal Gear a genre.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
2015 will include Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance 2.

Top Bottom