• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Konami releasing 7 major console titles in 2014 & another 7 in 2015

DVCY201

Metal Gear Rising 2
Silent Hill (Celebrate it's 15th Anniversary)
Zone of the Enders 3

If all 3 of those got released and if they were good, I would be an incredibly happy customer.

Too bad.

2015 will include Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance 2.
Kojima stated that Revengeance was actually a success -despite not sharing numbers- and he wanted a sequel, so this is not far fetched actually.

Metal Gear Rising 2
Silent Hill (Celebrate it's 15th Anniversary)
Zone of the Enders 3

If all 3 of those got released and if they were good, I would be an incredibly happy customer.

Too bad.
I wonder about Zone of the Enders 3.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Part of me thinks it's a bit too soon for Silent Hill, and that'll likely be in 2015. But then I realized the last main Silent Hill game will have been released two years ago next month, and this year is Silent Hill's 15th anniversary, so with that in mind it sounds far more likely.

Part of me thinks it's a bit too soon for Silent Hill, and that'll likely be in 2015. But then I realized the last main Silent Hill game will have been released two years ago next month, and this year is Silent Hill's 15th anniversary, so with that in mind it sounds far more likely.
well I wouldn't mind it if at least they announce it at E3, and release Q1-2015 or something.

Thinking about it, it would actually be for the better, The Evil Within is coming out this year after all.

Raitaro

As long as we're all deluding ourselves (no offense meant), I'll join in with my wish list:

Vandal Hearts;
Ganbare Goemon / Mystical Ninja;
Rocket Knight / Sparkster;
Contra / Probotector.

Any new (good, console/PC) game in one of these series would make me very happy inside - because that is how hollow my existence currently is. (Though I wouldn't mind a new Suikoden or 2D Castlevania either.)

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
One of them will surely be the Suikoden collection. No....I don't care if you found "proof" that its not, I am willing this happen and will not be denied.

I wish Konami could be more like Ubisoft when it comes to launch frequency. Konami and Capcom dominated this industry in the early to mid 90's.

Some Nobody

Forgot about this thread.

Ideally 2015's seven games would be:

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain
Silent Hill
Castlevania: Vision of Decay (totes made this title up but it's basically indicating a return to old-school CV)
Suikoden VI
Metal Gear Rising 2
New IP
PES 15

Realism mixed in with my personal wish list of seeing CV and Suikoden back on consoles, along with a new Konami IP.

I'll hope that means they got something nice in the pipeline for fall, however unlikely.

Fingers crossed for Kojima Silent Hill, Zoe 3, Contra, Revengeance 2....

I doubt its Silent Hill since I remember reading that Kojima was gonna work on the next one with the FOX engine....but since hes been working so HAAAAAAAAAAAARD on his BIIIIIIIIIIIIIIG game.....I doubt hes even done anything SH related.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
we need Suikoden, Hard Corps Uprising 2 and a real Castlevania.

thanks.
*Major*
Castlevania *Major* release was two weeks ago
I don't think they've doing low budget CV's anymore if that's what you mean by real Castlevania

Red Mage

*Major*
Castlevania *Major* release was two weeks ago
I don't think they've doing low budget CV's anymore if that's what you mean by real Castlevania

While I enjoy LoS' origin for Dracula better than the main 'verse's, it's an alternative reality and not within the established canon. If Konami was starting a secondary canon/alt universe that'd be one thing, but apparently LoS2 is the end of the games in that reality. Therefore, I think it could be argued that it's not a "real" Castlevania in the sense that the events in those games do not further the plot.

Personally, I wish they'd do a 1999 game and then reboot the whole thing.

All I want is a real Suikoden dammit.

As long as it's not like IV, I'd be happy.

Top Bottom