• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lawbreakers is playable again (unofficially)

ryan reynolds hd GIF

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
The Simpsons GIF

Cliffy B is the biggest joke in gaming. Had his moment of shine with GoW but he thought he was King and Ruler back then. His ego is bigger than his LinkedIn resume.
Gtfo with this PoS game. If it was viable, this wouldn't have been a thing.

Don't ressurect this rotting corpse of a game.
Hey little bro. Chill.

The OP is misleading. This is ALL unofficially being done by community. He didn’t have a hand in it.

Why get mad that fans who liked the game would like to still play it if possible?

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
It'll be a niche success and rebound if it does well. It came out at the wrong time but with Overwatch 2 fumbling weekly and Apex literally dying there's people hungry for hero shooters. If I was a PC goon I'd give it a blast.

Drew1440

Might give this a try, never got round to playing the original.

Hey little bro. Chill.

The OP is misleading. This is ALL unofficially being done by community. He didn’t have a hand in it.

Why get mad that fans who liked the game would like to still play it if possible?
Did he not release/open source the server code?

DaGwaphics

Probably because it is partially his creation and he would like people to be able to continue to mess around with it if they choose. I can't see anything negative about this. Worst case is that no one ends up using it, but even games that didn't do that hot might still have a small community that want to keep going.

I wonder how much activity there is with Knockout City, where they issued the official private server patch when they shut things down. Would be an interesting thing to look at if there is any kind of data collection capabilities there.

ns6

Neo Member
Lawbreakers was actually a lot of fun. One of the few games of its kind where I was motivated to try and platinum it

StueyDuck

This game had potential, definitely a case of wrong game wrong time.

I think of it'd released now with some better direction, f2p and not focusing on genders it would eat up some of that laxxed OW2 crowd.

Personally though I wish it wasn't a hero shooter, was more of an arena shooter instead. While the characters weren't that vastly different, I just feel with that movement they should have focused on like the grapple only or something and tried to find something new there.

I mean TF2 is still the goat when it comes to grappling hook movement and its the reason why I played that games so damn much, even when things started getting sweaty

RoboEight

I played during the beta test this weekend and had a blast. I really liked this game and played it regularly and I'm really glad this project exists I look forward to playing it again.

Top Bottom