• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Leaked Early Build Spider-Man 3 Gameplay

The "woke" mob would be upset if the first Asian female lead Spider was made to be unattractive.
It would perpetuate the stereotype that Asian women arent as pretty as their white counterparts, so naturally shes gonna be an absolute banger.

Checkmate woke mob, you make her ugly you are saying white women are hotter, you make her pretty and men will like her.......so which sword do you fall on hmm????
Solid points indeed. However, I think they just hate pretty women no matter what race. Doesn’t fit in with their messaging. Would love to see a hot asian girl though but won’t hold my breathe.

No way she looks that hot in an Insomniac game
They will bulk her up a bit

Fat GIF

RickMasters

Neither am I, I just don't expect the next Spider-Man game to look any different to the last 3
We can’t even be mad at the devs for that. There’s only so much creative liberty youcan take with licence IP.

Any batman game that ever gets made will always be set in Gotham. If they make superman games they will probably take place entirely in metropolis.

How do devs make a place they already twice in a game continuously interesting?tricky question for them.

I’m probably more curious about their wolverine game to be honest just because it’s Orr of a change of pace but I feel the combat with be basically Spider-Man with claws. And that might be enough anyway. You can only do so much with superhero games anyway.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Just rename Insomniac Superhero Studio X.

The leaked slides way back showed all their games in dev are superhero stuff until around the year 2030 when they stated New IPs. And that assumes the IPs aren’t more superhero characters.

Last edited:

mdkirby

Looking forward to how many people say "it's the same thing?" about a Spider-Man game with web slinging set in New York for the PS5
They really need to do an equivalent of 'Spiderman away from home', because, yeah if this really is SM3, this'll be the 4th almost identical but slightly more shiny (I assume) game, set in an almost identical city, with the same combat, traversal, activities. Its feeling like yearly FIFA updates at this point, they just take way longer and cost an absolute fortune. In the interim we'll also have Venom, which no doubt will also be in the same city.

Like this cost explosion/trajectory for very little tangible gains to the end user makes zero sense, and is no wonder the industry is thought to be unsustainable. Not to mention the quality in some regards seems to be going backwards, SO much of the writing in SM2 was reallllly dire, and the game had awful pacing.

Spiderman 1 - 90mil
Miles Morales - 150mil (despite same city, many shared assets, very similar mechanics etc)
Spiderman 2 - 315mil ((despite again just being built on what came before, looks and plays extremely similar, same setting)
Venom - - 400mil + ?.....
Spiderman 3 - 500mil + ?.....

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
They really need to do an equivalent of 'Spiderman away from home', because, yeah if this really is SM3, this'll be the 4th almost identical but slightly more shiny (I assume) game, set in an almost identical city, with the same combat, traversal, activities. Its feeling like yearly FIFA updates at this point, they just take way longer and cost an absolute fortune. In the interim we'll also have Venom, which no doubt will also be in the same city.

Agreed. I'm board of New York.

Set the third game somewhere else. Tokyo would be amazing.

Too lazy to check but does anyone know if insomniacs road map the next 10 years included a new R&C to mix it up?

Yeah

mdkirby

Yah, plenty of places, hell, they could jump a little into the future, and set it in NEOM, Sony could probably even get the Saudi crown prince to foot the bill. London would be cool too, or Paris.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member

Most US media always has NY, LA, Chicago. Got to make the setting in a place with lots of people so it draws the most natural interest from locals.

Make the game or movie take place in St Louis, Milwaukee, or Boise and you lose a ton of potential customers. You'd think with the way locations are used, everything in the universe from Earth stuff or aliens landing only happens in NYC or LA.

Last edited:

ADiTAR

ידע זה כוח
Most US media always has NY, LA, Chicago. Got to make the setting in a place with lots of people so it draws the most natural interest from locals.

Make the game or movie take place in St Louis, Milwaukee, or Boise and you lose a ton of potential customers. You'd think with the way locations are used, everything in the universe from Earth stuff or aliens landing only happens in NYC or LA.
Buffy did amazing 7 seasons in a fake small town.

Yeah
Six more years mostly filled with capeshit before we get something new. What a fucking waste.

Last edited:

semiconscious

Gold Member
Buffy did amazing 7 seasons in a fake small town.
but buffy didn't do 'sequels'. buffy did 'episodes'. what we have more of now (tho it's been true of some franchises before now), especially in the age of reused assets, are sequels (which've usually involved more than just some minor tweaking) that're actually much more like episodes ("& here we are, a week later..."). which i'm not saying is inherently bad. but, especially when thinking in terms of the distinctive individual character of many traditional/classic sequels, it is noticeable...

Arachnid

You could have told me that was Spider-man 2 gameplay and I wouldn't have doubted.

It's Silk.

DBdOgzh.png
I have 0 interest in playing as Miles and Silk. Earlier concept art leaks also suggested Goblin as the main villain. A Spiderman game with Goblin as the main villain not centering on Peter is legit tragic

Top Bottom