• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Leaked Marketing Agreement for RE8 Forces Parity and Blocks the Game From GamePass

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
Software update which send performance improvement and so on should be on Xbox platform too.
That's clearly about hardware feature updates.. they spell it out. If you add HDR to PS5 you have to update HDR on XSX.

Generic "technical parity" might mean the same thing, but it's just so vague.

I really don't think the Sony contract is that meaningful personally, and doubt it means much.. just not entirely clear, whereas that Xbox contract is a bit more clear to me.

Last edited:

Evil Calvin

Afraid of Boobs
I never expected it to be on Gamepass. I just want it on the XSX and not be a Sony timed exclusive. It's a 3rd party but Squeenix did it with FF7Remake.

Snake29

RSI Employee of the Year

And then, reading the second comment in that same thread...lol

So from now on, every time the PS5 underperforms the World's Fastest Console, it's because Microsoft forced game devs to gimp the PS5 version? Cool, cool.

Negotiator101

Gold Member
Jlsf3bO.jpg
7jUojjP.jpg

Let's break this down, shall we. First off, barely anything partakes in Google Stadia's Pro service, and Luna from amazon doesn't really have a sub service like that per say (and is still in beta). Remember what I said in my initial post: There is, quite literally, not a single service on the market that is what Game Pass is. When you say "Outriders is on Stadia, but it's not part of Pro" - the real response is... and? So is 90% of every game released on Stadia. Very few of them ever appear on Pro. How do we know it was ever going to be part of that service regardless? We literally have not seen the "marketing" contract for Outriders. We have absolutely no idea what the terms are, so to make presumptions about those terms seems kind of silly doesn't it? How do we know Outriders can't appear on PS +? PS+ doesn't get brand new games like Game Pass does, so how can we ACTUALLY know that's some sort of stipulation? Games that end of up plus end up there after they are no longer selling much.

As for "every service equivelent to PS +"- Game Pass ISN'T equivalent. It's literally an entirely different type of service. Games with Gold is equivalent. However, Game Pass, Game's With Gold, and Xcloud are named specifically, along with Stadia Pro. Granted, right now that term seems to potentially only be for a year - thought a bit vague on the exact length of that term. Even Xcloud... Stadia Pro... are note equivalent services. What they are, are types of services Sony does not offer and does not have a direct answer to at this given point in time. Discluding them from those services is for no other reason, than to not give a potential competitive advantage to other platforms that have more user friendly delivery methods. That's it. It says it in black and white.

As for parity - they have an entire clause about it. They call it feature, content, and technical parity. It lasts 7 years. It goes into detail about technical parity for a line, before veering off into not allowing any exclusive content on any other platform. They said it. I read it. You may interpret it different, I'm just regurgitating their own verbiage.

I am not saying Sony is a shit company. I am not saying Microsoft DIDN'T do this with Outriders. What I am saying, is we don't have any actual proof that's what the contract is for Outriders, but we do have proof of what this contract is and that is all we can go off of. When I mentioned Outriders, it was specifically because someone else brought it up as if we actually know what that contract is.

assurdum

Banned
That's clearly about hardware feature updates.. they spell it out. If you add HDR to PS5 you have to update HDR on XSX.

Generic "technical parity" might mean the same thing, but it's just so vague.

I really don't think the Sony contract is that meaningful personally, and doubt it means much.. just not entirely clear, whereas that Xbox contract is a bit more clear to me.
If you read the whole paragraph it's quite clear. They pretend tecnical parity "subject to material platform limitations".
In my world it means if ps5 can't handle the same features of a more powerful one, it get what it can.

Last edited:

The Alien

Banned
It's a marketing deal, it's common sense
I don't think Sony would have to say anything, releasing it on gamepass would theoretically break that deal

You know Sony loves when big companies comes beating their war chest at them.
Work out great for Disney
Microsoft could buy 5 Sony's and 3 Disney's on any random Tuesday with the spare change between their couch cushions.

Did work out great for Disney seeing as the have one of the most successful streaming services out there.

Oh yeah...don't they also own Star Wars, Marvel, countless other IP that appear in video games?

Was the point that Sony crushed Disney? ROFL.

IntentionalPun

If you read the whole paragraph it's quite clear. They pretend the parity until hardware limitations occur. In my world it means if ps5 can't handle the same features of a more powerful one, it get what it can.
It probably means the same thing; they just didn't give examples and leave it at "technical." But the platform limitations comment likely does indicate they are only talking about shit like HDR like MS has spelled out.

Topher

Gold Member
Technical parity is missing from the wording though.

Not sure if it makes a difference... but "Feature and content" parity is not what people are discussing in this thread, it's the "technical" part.
Section 9.3

"Publisher will (1) in its implementation of such features, optimize the performance and technical capability of Xbox Console version in parity with the Console Version video game on Competitive Platform."

Eze4FAaXMAE4JuV

assurdum

Banned
It probably means the same thing; they just didn't give examples and leave it at "technical." But the platform limitations comment likely does indicate they are only talking about shit like HDR like MS has spelled out.
Well yeah most likely. Or Sony won't accept inferior perfomance until there isn't a valid tech reason behind, I guess.

Last edited:

IntentionalPun

Section 9.3

"Publisher will (1) in its implementation of such features, optimize the performance and technical capability of Xbox Console version in parity with the Console Version video game on Competitive Platform."

Eze4FAaXMAE4JuV
Yes the word technical is used; but they spell out that they are talking about "with respect to any hardware feature updates" and even provide a list of hardware specific features. The next sentence is in respect to those types of hardware features.

But like I said; likely means the same shit as the Sony thing.

Negotiator101 Negotiator101 : Huh? Sensitive much? It's less clear, they don't provide examples.. the fuck is your problem? lol

Last edited:

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
Technical parity is missing from the wording though.

Not sure if it makes a difference... but "Feature and content" parity is not what people are discussing in this thread, it's the "technical" part.

"The game must have the same content, features & technical parity on competing platforms, but a difference due to hardware limitations is fine"

You guys need to give it a rest.

It didn't happen with Resident Evil 2, Resident Evil 3, Resident Evil 7 or Monster Hunter World and it's not happening with Resident Evil 8.

If it did, then the game wouldn't have an uncapped frame-rate which ranges from 45-60fps and have the Xbox Series X version perform better.

Last edited:

IntentionalPun

It didn't happen with Resident Evil 2, Resident Evil 3, Resident Evil 7 or Monster Hunter World and it's not happening with Resident Evil 8.

If it did, then the game wouldn't have an uncapped frame-rate which ranges from 45-60fps and have the Xbox Series X version perform better.

Why are you quoting Zhuge? I'm reading the actual contract.

And you guys should give it a rest then.. I'm just discussing the differences. Get the fuck over yourselves.

We all agree they are most likely meaning the same thing.. what a bunch of crybabies you are lol

Last edited:

assurdum

Banned

So I understood correctly. People blatantly ignore the part about material limitations.

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
Why are you quoting Zhuge? I'm reading the actual contract.

And you guys should give it a rest then.. I'm just discussing the differences. Get the fuck over yourselves.

We all agree they are most likely meaning the same thing.. what a bunch of crybabies you are lol
Because you can't read very well.

You ignore the fact that Sony has had past marketing deals with Capcom and there were no signs of this so called parity that forced developers to make the game run the same on major platforms.

You're choosing to interpreted the way you want because you want to believe this is talking about graphical parity.

Topher

Gold Member
Yes the word technical is used; but they spell out that they are talking about "with respect to any hardware feature updates" and even provide a list of hardware specific features. The next sentence is in respect to those types of hardware features.

But like I said; likely means the same shit as the Sony thing.

I agree. And that's what Zhuge is saying. Sony and Microsoft are saying the same thing while not using the exact same phrasing.

Jlsf3bO.jpg
7jUojjP.jpg

Let's break this down, shall we. First off, barely anything partakes in Google Stadia's Pro service, and Luna from amazon doesn't really have a sub service like that per say (and is still in beta). Remember what I said in my initial post: There is, quite literally, not a single service on the market that is what Game Pass is. When you say "Outriders is on Stadia, but it's not part of Pro" - the real response is... and? So is 90% of every game released on Stadia. Very few of them ever appear on Pro. How do we know it was ever going to be part of that service regardless? We literally have not seen the "marketing" contract for Outriders. We have absolutely no idea what the terms are, so to make presumptions about those terms seems kind of silly doesn't it? How do we know Outriders can't appear on PS +? PS+ doesn't get brand new games like Game Pass does, so how can we ACTUALLY know that's some sort of stipulation? Games that end of up plus end up there after they are no longer selling much.

As for "every service equivelent to PS +"- Game Pass ISN'T equivalent. It's literally an entirely different type of service. Games with Gold is equivalent. However, Game Pass, Game's With Gold, and Xcloud are named specifically, along with Stadia Pro. Granted, right now that term seems to potentially only be for a year - thought a bit vague on the exact length of that term. Even Xcloud... Stadia Pro... are note equivalent services. What they are, are types of services Sony does not offer and does not have a direct answer to at this given point in time. Discluding them from those services is for no other reason, than to not give a potential competitive advantage to other platforms that have more user friendly delivery methods. That's it. It says it in black and white.

As for parity - they have an entire clause about it. They call it feature, content, and technical parity. It lasts 7 years. It goes into detail about technical parity for a line, before veering off into not allowing any exclusive content on any other platform. They said it. I read it. You may interpret it different, I'm just regurgitating their own verbiage.

I am not saying Sony is a shit company. I am not saying Microsoft DIDN'T do this with Outriders. What I am saying, is we don't have any actual proof that's what the contract is for Outriders, but we do have proof of what this contract is and that is all we can go off of. When I mentioned Outriders, it was specifically because someone else brought it up as if we actually know what that contract is.

Mate, what you personally think gamepass is compared to the rest of the sub services is irrelevent. They all fall under the same banner. End off.

As far as the parity goes, read the damn thing. "subject to material platform limitations". if you honestly think you're not going to be able to play Village at a higher frameate or resolution on PC then I don't know what else to tell you.

IntentionalPun

Because you can't read very well.

You ignore the fact that Sony has had past marketing deals with Capcom and there were no signs of this so called parity that forced developers to make the game run the same on major platforms.

You're choosing to interpreted the way you want because you want to believe this is talking about graphical parity.
I'm not doing any of what you just typed in this post.

What are you even talking about?

All I said was the wording was different.. and stressed multiple times it probably doesn't matter, and likely all means the same shit.

JFC calm down lol

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
I'm not doing any of what you just typed in this post.

What are you even talking about?

All I said was the wording was different.. and stressed multiple times it probably doesn't matter, and likely all means the same shit.

JFC calm down lol

Look at what you were saying.

He talks about by saying, "None of these clauses mean "Make the other console version worse / make our console version superior" and that means he's specifically mentioning the technical parity in BOTH documents.

It also clearly says subject to platform limitations. It's not vague if people actually consider every single word that is used because subject to material platform limitations is very clear.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Microsoft could buy 5 Sony's and 3 Disney's on any random Tuesday with the spare change between their couch cushions.
Then why don't they, oh yeah because it doesn't work that way
You're just looking at numbers, in reality they can't
Did work out great for Disney seeing as the have one of the most successful streaming services out there.

Oh yeah...don't they also own Star Wars, Marvel, countless other IP that appear in video games?

Was the point that Sony crushed Disney? ROFL.
What does their streaming services have to do anything? We know what they own and how big they are.
That's the point, nothing to do with crushing 😂
it's a about Mega Corps pushing other Mega & Big Companies around to get what they want and Disney had been a lot of that until they knocked on Sony's door
But if you believe Disney came out of that meeting with Sony happy, you're fool.
And after months the agreement they come up with isn't even what Disney wanted.
They got fucking played
You bring up there streaming services, you mean the one that can't stream Any MCU Spider-Man films, even with the new deal they won't be able to until after Netflix does 😂
Doesn't matter what money they make, they wanted more & didn't get it because their ego was popped by a other

Jigsaah

Gold Member
Two points: first, Capcom could find sufficient the graphic reached on ps5 and offers the same on series X. But that's a total different argument. From what I remember their engine is practically the same on pc, outside higher res and FPS. That means if it's possible will run better and higher resolution on series X. If not will be like per like to the ps5. Second and more important such clause is not referring to parity for the graphic setup. It's more about to guarantee to Sony a game to not have with shitty perfomance/graphic (I guess) until technical limitations occur. Zhuge it's not absolutely a Sony fanboy and he has already said people has misinterpreted (as always) something which regularly happens in such contract.
Are you following the conversation sir, or is this just an addendum to your previous hot take. I was made aware of the "debunking" of this rumor and acknowledged it way before you said anything in response to my post. Please try to follow along, hence the "Keep Reading" comment.

Three

You're the one who mentioned Xbox.

I guess you just called yourself delusional.

I don't know where we go from here.
No I didn't. You suggested that Sonys horse is struggling. I said in what alternate reality is their horse struggling. Then you said in the reality where Gamepass is scaring them. Where did I mention xbox in that conversation?

Last edited:

Lanrutcon

No I didn't. You suggested that Sonys horse is struggling. I said in what alternate reality is their horse struggling. Then you said in the reality where Gamepass is scaring them. Where did I mention xbox in that conversation?

So Sony must be "scared" of Stadia too?

It's always delusions of grandeur with anything xbox isn't it.

Usually I'd put a clever zinger here to really capitalize on your embarrassment, but really: I don't have much investment in this topic. I don't own an Xbox. I don't wake up each morning and shake my fist angrily at a Sony logo. I was just commenting on a (yet to be proven) business tactic that indicates Gamepass is making Sony sweat. Let's not get tribal about things.

Usually I'd put a clever zinger here to really capitalize on your embarrassment, but really: I don't have much investment in this topic. I don't own an Xbox. I don't wake up each morning and shake my fist angrily at a Sony logo. I was just commenting on a (yet to be proven) business tactic that indicates Gamepass is making Sony sweat. Let's not get tribal about things.

You're the one who's talking about gamepass but he's the one who mentioned xbox first?

You sound very foolish. I'd stop while you're ahead

Last edited:
Still struggling, eh?

I'm just waiting for you to process and understand your own flawed argument before we move on

After analysing your character I predit this will take approximately.....another 5 years after you've reached adolescence

Give me a blip around that time yeah?

Last edited:
Top Bottom