• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA+ | OT7 | ~First comes love, then comes marriage~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not even in those situations but then that's easy: I hate the flavor of most alcoholic drinks so it's incredibly easy to resist. I'll drink for special occasions but it'll be a few sips at most just to avoid coming off as rude :)

Do you find people react like you're some kind of alien?

I don't drink much, in most social situations I'll happily opt for a non-alcoholic drink whilst my friends chug away at beer, wine etc. People who don't know me very well always seem to think I'm somehow going to be unable to have fun...

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
In an Apple store...?
LCnCRPK.gif

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Maybe his boyfriend works there and he wanted to surprise him...

I don't know!

Ended up leaving last night's party (which I had invited my crush to) with a gorgeous guy, he was staying at his friend's place which is nearby so they insisted on sharing an uber and then I just stayed there too. He just wanted to fuck though, we just made out in bed and at first there were a few times where he tried to get things going but I stopped him. Thank God he was cool with it. We ended up just cuddling and kissing through the night. We talked a bit while in bed earlier in the morning (including what we were '"looking for"), I walked him to the subway station. Didn't even ask for his phone or anything since it seems pointless, though I was tempted to.

Fuck, why are guys so basic???

Anyway, I think I'm seeing my crush in a while so I guess that's good!

I don't drink much, in most social situations I'll happily opt for a non-alcoholic drink whilst my friends chug away at beer, wine etc. People who don't know me very well always seem to think I'm somehow going to be unable to have fun...
Haha, are you me?
I don't like the taste of most alcoholic drinks. I can have just as much fun without it, contrary to what my friends believe.

3phemeral

Yes. With old friends, they don't even blink but when I go out with new people, they give me this reaction like I'm either missing out on a really good time or I'm punishing myself for no good reason. Occasionally, I'll get the "he thinks he's better than us" look, as if I'm judging them for drinking when I honestly am not bothered in the least. I'll take my partner out for drinks because he just likes to unwind sometimes - meanwhile, I'm perfectly content with a diet coke + maraschino cherries (so much better than cherry-flavored ) cuz that's how I roll :)

Haha, are you me?
I don't like the taste of most alcoholic drinks. I can have just as much fun without it, contrary to what my friends believe.

I really used to hate the taste, and I don't like anything strongly alcoholic now but there are some fairly sweet alcoholic drinks I can enjoy - I just really don't feel the need to most of the time.

Yes. With old friends, they don't even blink but when I go out with new people, they give me this reaction like I'm either missing out on a really good time or I'm punishing myself for no good reason. Occasionally, I'll get the "he thinks he's better than us" look, as if I'm judging them for drinking when I honestly am not bothered in the least. I'll take my partner out for drinks because he just likes to unwind sometimes - meanwhile, I'm perfectly content with a diet coke + maraschino cherries (so much better than cherry-flavored ) cuz that's how I roll :)

Oh I'm so trying the coke and cherries thing.

It's just so bizarre this opinion that if you're not drinking then somehow you're not going to have a good time, or you're punishing yourself etc. I don't understand where that comes from. Do most people really find it so difficult to enjoy life without alcohol?

3phemeral

Oh I'm so trying the coke and cherries thing.

It's just so bizarre this opinion that if you're not drinking then somehow you're not going to have a good time, or you're punishing yourself etc. I don't understand where that comes from. Do most people really find it so difficult to enjoy life without alcohol?
Definitely try it. Then again, I have a thing for maraschino cherries since junior high. They brought a gigantic, industrial-sized jar for a school camping trip and since my mom helped cook, they decided to give her all the leftover ingredients. I finished that in like a week or so.

And about the judging thing, I haven't really needed to worry about it in a long time. Most of that was during college so most people I hang out with now are usually respectful, even if I've never met them before. I only hate when people are insistent and feel the need to offer me a new drink as if they haven't discovered the kind I do like.

So I guess this girl is coming with me to NYC in April lol. We're not even together but screw it right? She's good looking and awesome (and flies for free) so what's there to lose?

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
I don't drink either, and I'm rather uncompromising in the fact that I don't/won't. I'm surprised at how many non-drinkers there are in this thread. I thought it was pretty uncommon.

So I guess this girl is coming with me to NYC in April lol. We're not even together but screw it right? She's good looking and awesome (and flies for free) so what's there to lose?

Whether you go as friends or as a couple, it sounds like a good time!

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Not even in those situations but then that's easy: I hate the flavor of most alcoholic drinks so it's incredibly easy to resist. I'll drink for special occasions but it'll be a few sips at most just to avoid coming off as rude :)

Cool, cool. Do you also avoid caffeine?

I am doing a masters of science in counciling with a concentration in equine assisted mental health!

Wow, horses and mental health? That's really neat. I didn't know that was a thing. I thought therapists just used dogs and cats.

school them

I think I want to move. I have been in Dallas since May and I dont care for it. The people and the climate are terrible. I was trying to come up with places to research. Anybody in Denver?

My crush cancelled again today, have me some bullshit reasons and said we could go watch the movie I wanted to watch tomorrow, or the next day. I didn't say much to him since after him doing it twice in a row I don't really trust his word anymore.

My crush cancelled again today, have me some bullshit reasons and said we could go watch the movie I wanted to watch tomorrow, or the next day. I didn't say much to him since after him doing it twice in a row I don't really trust his word anymore.

Yea, flaking once is fine. Twice is seriously "make it up to me" time

Anything in particular that's wrong with the people there? Just curious.

In my part of the metroplex most people often fit the uneducated asshole who runs down to the wal mart in their pajamas for cigarettes during The OReilly Factor commercial breaks mold. The gayborhood is suffering a number of assaults lately which is worrisome. I have one friend who wont go out past a certain time now because hes afraid of being attacked. And as for the gay community itself its very insular. There arent many opportu ities to meet people outside of the bars. DC had so many groups like adventuring/outdoor groups, i miss that.

Nah, flake once and it's a done deal. I'll take a second chance, but it's all on the other guy to initiate and set it up.
Well yeah, he was the one who proposed having breakfast or something this morning. Now he said we would go to watch that movie but I'm not buying until he actually goes through with it.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member

For me, it would depend on how apologetic he is and how sincere his excuses seem to be. Sometimes life is crazy and plans don't work out. I'd definitely have him schedule the next date, though. It's up to him to pick a time and activity, since his schedule seems to be the one that's in flux.

If he's just stalling or making up excuses, that's annoying and dumb. I don't understand people who can't be upfront about such simple things. Early dating is better for everyone if people are honest.

For me, it would depend on how apologetic he is and how sincere his excuses seem to be. Sometimes life is crazy and plans don't work out. I'd definitely have him schedule the next date, though. It's up to him to pick a time and activity, since his schedule seems to be the one that's in flux.

If he's just stalling or making up excuses, that's annoying and dumb. I don't understand people who can't be upfront about such simple things. Early dating is better for everyone if people are honest.

Yea when my whatever she is cancelled on me she was like "Tomorrow. Dinner" and followed through. It's not on you anymore.

Well, the first time he seemed sorry, didn't really say why but since he was offering to make it up today I didn't think much of it. I saw on his snapchat he was out with friends or something like that. Which i think is kind of rude since I had already invited him about a week ago but I still understand because they probably have been friends longer than he knows me.

Today he wrote at about 11am. Then at noon he said that stuff about seeing the movie tomorrow or the next day and I was like: So I'm not seeing you today? And he said that he wanted to see me early in the morning because he had to go with his parents to pick some stuff up at the place he used to live. And that he didn't plan on staying up/waking up late (with his friends for whom he dumped me in the first place, I guess).

So yes, it's kinda fishy. I'm sort of over it but I guess I'm still into him anyway.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
Well, the first time he seemed sorry, didn't really say why but since he was offering to make it up today I didn't think much of it. I saw on his snapchat he was out with friends or something like that. Which i think is kind of rude since I had already invited him about a week ago but I still understand because they probably have been friends longer than he knows me.

Today he wrote at about 11am. Then at noon he said that stuff about seeing the movie tomorrow or the next day and I was like: So I'm not seeing you today? And he said that he wanted to see me early in the morning because he had to go with his parents to pick some stuff up at the place he used to live. And that he didn't plan on staying up/waking up late (with his friends for whom he dumped me in the first place, I guess).

So yes, it's kinda fishy. I'm sort of over it but I guess I'm still into him anyway.

Hmm, well, see how he responds. I'd let him take the lead. That sucks with the Snapchat thing and everything. The ditching you for friends without explanation thing is definitely annoying and inconsiderate. It's interesting that he seemed sorry about that one. Maybe they pressured him into doing something and he didn't feel like he could say no for whatever reason. I wouldn't assume he was lying about the parents.

Question: did he know the friend whose party you invited him to? Or were the people at the party entirely your friends? One thought that crossed my mind is that I'd be intimidated to meet someone's friends on a first or second date. Perhaps he backed out for that reason? He should have been honest with you about why if that was the case, though.

Hmm, well, see how he responds. I'd let him take the lead. That sucks with the Snapchat thing and everything. The ditching you for friends without explanation thing is definitely annoying and inconsiderate. It's interesting that he seemed sorry about that one. Maybe they pressured him into doing something and he didn't feel like he could say no for whatever reason. I wouldn't assume he was lying about the parents.

Question: did he know the friend whose party you invited him to? Or were the people at the party entirely your friends? One thought that crossed my mind is that I'd be intimidated to meet someone's friends on a first or second date. Perhaps he backed out for that reason? He should have been honest with you about why if that was the case, though.
No, he doesn't know him though we've talked about him sometimes. I knew like 3 other people at the party (who I've seen like once or twice before). It was mostly an excuse to ask him out, spend time together and have someone to talk to at the party, since sometimes I can be not very sociable when I'm around strangers.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
No, he doesn't know him though we've talked about him sometimes. I knew like 3 other people at the party (who I've seen like once or twice before). It was mostly an excuse to ask him out, spend time together and have someone to talk to at the party, since sometimes I can be not very sociable when I'm around strangers.

Oh, okay. Then that sounds like a good opportunity. I thought maybe it was a more intimate setting where it was all people who knew each other and he would be the odd person out. If you couldn't tell, it's been a long time since I've been to anything that could be called a party. :p

That would have been a fun date. Sucks to be him.

Odinson

Australian comedy, I made an OT for it a while back before season 3 premièred (also talked about it in this thread). It gets compared to Girls and Looking quite a bit, but I think that's a bit unfair to the show, essentially it's about a dude named Josh who realises he's gay after getting dumped by his girlfriend. Though that's probably a too simplistic way of describing it, it deals with topics like family and mental illness better than pretty much any other show out there and it still manages to stay funny and sweet.

Thanks for the recommendation. Loving me some Mae! Only 3 episodes in.

Hey hey I'm very well thanks!

Got myself my dream career and my dream boy :) I've been a busy boy the past year which is why I've been absent.

How are you? It's so nice to see so many of you all here still :)
You were supposed to read it like this:
tumblr_n9bfco6Kcd1slejfuo1_500.gif

But I'm good too, still trying to understand the male/human mind.

You were supposed to read it like this:

But I'm good too, still trying to understand the male/human mind.

Oh... hah - now I feel silly :/

You know I constantly reaffirm to people how much easier it is to be gay because men are generally simpler folk and easier to read than women.

But it's not true at all really is it. Silly boys.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
I didn't realize the Nintendo World Championships had some queerness to them last year! Here's an interview with Narcissa Wright on Kotaku, where she talks about speedrunning and transitioning.

For those who didn't watch it, Narcissa was one of the finalists of the NWC last year and one of the invited guests.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Ah, no. I kind of live off of caffeine. I have a double expresso probably twice a week, or an Oprah Chai Tea (not the latte). Diet vanilla root beer probably contains caffeine too. :)

I see how it is :)

So I woke up in my birthday to the news of Bowie's passing, that was pretty depressing... ¬_¬

Happy Birthday!

Hey hey I'm very well thanks!

Got myself my dream career and my dream boy :) I've been a busy boy the past year which is why I've been absent.

How are you? It's so nice to see so many of you all here still :)

Hi welcome back!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom