• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA+ | OT7 | ~First comes love, then comes marriage~

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
There are 5 instagram posts in a row - this is the first.

I accidentally went to the "@charliecarverofficial" Instagram account at first, which apparently is not his account. I should have looked for the verified mark. Thanks!

Related topic: Is anyone still watching Teen Wolf? Did Season 5 bring back/introduce some gay characters? I'd heard that they were absent from Season 4.

I accidentally went to the "@charliecarverofficial" Instagram account at first, which apparently is not his account. I should have looked for the verified mark. Thanks!

Related topic: Is anyone still watching Teen Wolf? Did Season 5 bring back/introduce some gay characters? I'd heard that they were absent from Season 4.

I haven't caught up with 5b yet, but there are still gay characters in 5a. I don't remember a point where there wasn't gay characters to be honest.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
I haven't caught up with 5b yet, but there are still gay characters in 5a. I don't remember a point where there wasn't gay characters to be honest.

Cool! For some reason, I thought Danny was absent in Season 4 and that there weren't other gay characters introduced in that season. But I've only been following it from a distance, so I'm not to be trusted.

Mason, Liam's gay friend was introduced to us in season 4. He wasn't a big character, but he was there. In S5 they gave him more screentime and a bigger role and they also introduced a new gay character and revealed another one to be bisexual. In 5B they're giving Mason a love interest c:

I love Teen Wolf

Have any of you seen Birdman and also played Persona 4? I got some major "you're not me" vibes from Micheal Keaton/Birdmans character during his breakdown after the fight with the hotshot actor.

Monocle

Yep, Mason. He's great. One of the best things about Season 5 is how it's pushing marginal characters like Mason to the forefront and letting them carry full scenes, sometimes without any veteran cast members. It's actually made me a lot more confident that the show can stay engaging if any major actors should leave.

Not a gay character (yet?????), but relevant to your interests if you have good taste in hunks: Theo. One of the most gorgeous studs that will ever grace your screen. Pls ignore Blood Diamonds' irrational hunk hatred for this character. Theo is the hero we deserve.

CHARLIE CARVER JUST CAME OUT ON INSTAGRAM!

Edit: Sorry I was way too excited
Love it. Good for him.

Monocle

Do not listen to Monocle. Theo is a piece of shit and is ruining Teen Wolf!!! Do not support Theo!!
F2MhPAZ.gif

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
Now there's a face (x2) I haven't seen since Desperate Housewives was cancelled. What season of Teen Wolf is he in?

Season 3.

I didn't realize he was Porter until today, despite seeing his face a lot because of Teen Wolf.

And with any luck this small moment of self-reflection will help you to stop spewing dumb sexist garbage like that. :D
pew pew pew wilhelm

I didn't realize the Nintendo World Championships had some queerness to them last year! Here's an interview with Narcissa Wright on Kotaku, where she talks about speedrunning and transitioning.

For those who didn't watch it, Narcissa was one of the finalists of the NWC last year and one of the invited guests.
I always thought she looked like she was related to Mark Cerny. I watched a few of her speedruns at GDQs and at the NWC. I found out she was transitioning a few days after she announced, but I didn't know she was having hand troubles. I'm sorry to hear that.

And with any luck this small moment of self-reflection will help you to stop spewing dumb sexist garbage like that. :D

Haha I know know. It really is dumb sexist garbage, I'm totally with you there. It's not a belief I hold in any sort of serious regard, but I appreciate even joking can be offensive to some.

Lovely eyes :)

Aww :) I'm lookin tired though haha. Definitely need a good night's sleep.

I read that whole thing and it's a truly beautiful little essay. Very much endeared me to Charlie, who I hadn't really paid much attention to before now.

They're really nice boys. I haven't been following them religiously, but both the twins are great people, very supportive and switched on to a lot of issues. Non-problematic :p

Camillelang

Neo Member
Wow, horses and mental health? That's really neat. I didn't know that was a thing. I thought therapists just used dogs and cats.

Horses are a great source for mental health since it gives lots of people a boost of self esteem to 'control' something so big. Also horses are very VERY VERY VERY!!! social animals and so people say horses never lie and what you see is what you get. Horses are also very relaxing and the motion of a horse is good for physical therapy as well as giving kids with lots of energy the input they need while still being quiet/calm.

I was able to visit a ranch in Arizona for eating disorders, addiction, and family therapy. It was amazing!

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
And how is it?

How are you feeling by the way? Better?

7EXsmBi.gif

Still a little sneezy but mostly better, thanks!

Korea is awesome. Pictures coming later when the weekend hits. Good god, the food.

how are the bathhouses tho

Horses are a great source for mental health since it gives lots of people a boost of self esteem to 'control' something so big.

Ahh, that's not something that I'd thought of but it makes a lot of sense.

Also horses are very VERY VERY VERY!!! social animals and so people say horses never lie and what you see is what you get. Horses are also very relaxing and the motion of a horse is good for physical therapy as well as giving kids with lots of energy the input they need while still being quiet/calm.

I've always been scared to go around horses because I'm always afraid that they'll kick me in the head and/or bite :(

I was able to visit a ranch in Arizona for eating disorders, addiction, and family therapy. It was amazing!

Did you council anyone or was it just to scope the place out for possible future opportunities?

Golnei

Even your testicles? That's both impressive and painful.

Whether it's impressive would have to depend on the degree of elasticity and looseness of the skin, especially since it'd be a configuration achieved by external manipulation. Any pain would be due to the apparatus required to maintain said configuration, likely for maximising the luck over an extended period of time.

The Charlie Carver coming out posts are really great. And I think the general sentiment is awesome.

I saw a music video which depicted a love story between two boys growing up; which is something I don't think is really shown very often (although that could be because I've basically been living under a rock with regard to music since I stopped driving.)

I wish there had been more of these examples in the media when I was younger. It's something of a bittersweet sentiment, but I think if I grew up in today's world I would have been a lot more comfortable with letting my friends and family know that I was gay a lot earlier.

At the same time, it's a really encouraging thought that kids growing up now and in the future may never have to lock away a part of themselves for as much of their lives. So it's important to be that example to those around us.

That's the seriousness quota filled 'til probably the end of the week, so back to hot pics.

Monocle

yWwWiJMl.png

Ktmg9NGl.png

KMv4JMOl.png

NwNaCxkl.png

(source)

The Charlie Carver coming out posts are really great. And I think the general sentiment is awesome.

I saw a music video which depicted a love story between two boys growing up; which is something I don't think is really shown very often (although that could be because I've basically been living under a rock with regard to music since I stopped driving.)

I wish there had been more of these examples in the media when I was younger. It's something of a bittersweet sentiment, but I think if I grew up in today's world I would have been a lot more comfortable with letting my friends and family know that I was gay a lot earlier.

At the same time, it's a really encouraging thought that kids growing up now and in the future may never have to lock away a part of themselves for as much of their lives. So it's important to be that example to those around us.

That's the seriousness quota filled 'til probably the end of the week, so back to hot pics.
It would have been wonderful to grow up seeing positive LGBT representation in media and having out public figures to look up to. Just one Gus Kenworthy or Charlie Carver would have changed my life. In fact, it wasn't until I watched and listened to many Youtube videos and podcasts with gay people that I felt confident enough to come out to my family. Kids who are growing up with the internet are insanely fortunate. It's so much easier to find positive messages and support now. You can even be stuck in a small town in the middle of nowhere and still connect with people like yourself. It's a great thing that came too late for me. I can't help but feel regretful about my isolated childhood. Repression sucks.

It's a class about literature and it focuses on sci-fi, it was the first day so it was pretty boring. Turns out it's not really about sci-fi it's more fantasy but w/e

I think you get more out of university classes if they deal with interpreting more challenging texts. Then you're also reading more challenging material with a sort of safety net (lectures, where the prof proceeds to explain everything to you, lol). Like it's hard to get the context for what Milton was writing about a lot of the time due to context (plus his verse in general, holy shit), but most novels in the speculative fiction genre? I can probably grasp all of the important stuff myself fairly easily.

Even your testicles? That's both impressive and painful.

Whether it's impressive would have to depend on the degree of elasticity and looseness of the skin, especially since it'd be a configuration achieved by external manipulation. Any pain would be due to the apparatus required to maintain said configuration, likely for maximising the luck over an extended period of time.

If I have a nice hot bath first, then maybe I can achieve maximum luck with minimum pain. That's really the outcome I'm looking for.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
It would have been wonderful to grow up seeing positive LGBT representation in media and having out public figures to look up to. Just one Gus Kenworthy or Charlie Carver would have changed my life. In fact, it wasn't until I watched and listened to many Youtube videos and podcasts with gay people that I felt confident enough to come out to my family. Kids who are growing up with the internet are insanely fortunate. It's so much easier to find positive messages and support now. You can even be stuck in a small town in the middle of nowhere and still connect with people like yourself. It's a great thing that came too late for me. I can't help but feel regretful about my isolated childhood. Repression sucks.

The sad part is that they aren't really fortunate, yet I find myself thinking the same thing: "They're so lucky." It's just getting closer to how it should be. I can't think of ANYTHING that is out of someone's control that they should feel like they have to hide from everyone around them and suppress. It only makes things worse.

I hope the younger generations (even if I'm pretty young myself) continue to enjoy these changes. I also hope, however, that they realize how different things were, even just a few years before them (speaking about the US, at least). Every time I hear a kid say they were out at age 12 or 13, it blows my mind. I recently heard a kid on a train who must have been 14 at the oldest but probably 12 or 13 talking about the girls he dated "before [he] was out" and laughing about it as ridiculous. He must have dated those girls in elementary school. This is so different from the people who came out in college, maybe, or entered into a "traditional marriage" because they didn't know what else to do. It just blew my mind to hear someone talking lightheartedly about previously falsely dating girls while there are people who have been married for two, maybe three or four or even five, times as many years as his age out there, still hiding out of fear.

Look up Testicular Torsion. Or don't if you don't want to have nightmares tonight. Thank you Venture bros for making me find out about that lol (also how I got my username)

Podcasts did it for me. Unfortunately those podcasts, Bidentification and The Bruiser Chronicles, are no longer online (as in not old episodes either) for me to recommend them to others. Maybe I could share my archives but would feel uneasy due to concerns for the privacy of the podcasters.

There was something about podcasts, where the can be listened to repeatedly in greater privacy, low file size, when doing other stuff that made them great.

Just got back from my date. It went well. Nothing really remarkable about it, I mean we just watched a movie, we talked a bit before and after it, hope there's another date soon. I think maybe he wanted to come to my place after we came out but I'm like super slow sometimes when it comes to realizing someone is trying to make a move. He was asking about what was I doing when I got home and I was like: I don't know, chilling. And then I remembered I started playing Her Story earlier today so I told him I would probably play that and started talking about the game and kinda forgot about the original question which I guess was probably him wanting me to ask him to come?

Oh fuck, I hope not, because I would have loved that. On the other hand he can suffer a bit after cancelling me twice :p (He apologised about it today too). The thing is he never mentioned wanting to do anything else, just talked about how he was getting home and he lives really far away so I was thinking that he wanted to get home ASAP before it got too late.

I thought about saying something about it (like: hey I don't know if I should have invited you to my place, I'm sorry if you were trying to tell me you wanted to come) because I always like to talk about everything that goes through my mind but maybe it's better to not be so available/apologetic. I sent him a picture lying in bed instead, hoping he will say something like: I wish I was there and then perhaps we can talk about it.

Just got back from my date. It went well. Nothing really remarkable about it, I mean we just watched a movie, we talked a bit before and after it, hope there's another date soon. I think maybe he wanted to come to my place after we came out but I'm like super slow sometimes when it comes to realizing someone is trying to make a move. He was asking about what was I doing when I got home and I was like: I don't know, chilling. And then I remembered I started playing Her Story earlier today so I told him I would probably play that and started talking about the game and kinda forgot about the original question which I guess was probably him wanting me to ask him to come?

Oh fuck, I hope not, because I would have loved that. On the other hand he can suffer a bit after cancelling me twice :p (He apologised about it today too). The thing is he never mentioned wanting to do anything else, just talked about how he was getting home and he lives really far away so I was thinking that he wanted to get home ASAP before it got too late.

I thought about saying something about it (like: hey I don't know if I should have invited you to my place, I'm sorry if you were trying to tell me you wanted to come) because I always like to talk about everything that goes through my mind but maybe it's better to not be so available/apologetic. I sent him a picture lying in bed instead, hoping he will say something like: I wish I was there and then perhaps we can talk about it.

Good job brother.
I got another date planned with the girl myself (Pizza while planning 3 days alone in NYC). 2016, you are off to a hell of a start my friend.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
If I was ripped like that I'd wear too tight clothes on purpose as well.

I mean what is the point of working out if you're just going to cover them up with baggy clothes?

Unfortunately I'm a S and it's rare to find XS for men.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom