• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA+ |OT8| PrEPare Yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've actually thinking about marriage a lot recently which is strange because I'm 22 and I'm a mess. But there are guys younger than me getting engaged on my facebook and I'm just like... uh ok. Plus I deleted scruff and grindr for the 7th time this semester because I was never talking to anyone on there anyway. I might get tinder though I want to start dating people who like... want to actually date

Honestly I don't know. 30 is arbitrary. I just know I don't want to be over 30 and utterly alone. I mean I don't want to be 23 and alone either, but if nothing's changed in 7 years I'll consider the situation unsalvageable.

I'm in the same boat honestly. 22, posting the day one of my best friends gets married, and the girlfriend of another best friend is talking to me about possibly proposing to him soon. Meanwhile I'm installing and deleting apps, unsure of what to do, just sure I don't want "sex first, everything else next". Sigh

Hopefully you're 18 now. Stay safe!

Im am :)
and its probably mostly just gonna a stalker account for now. maybe chat a little. already saw someone i went to school with on there. a little surreal. just want to see whats up with the gay community down here since I know litterally zero openly gay people in person.

Kater

Banned
Marrying at 22 is a bit much anyway. Just find someone cute that doesn't treat you like shit. One step at a time, people.

I should ask my bf's former roommate. He was a dirt poor prostitute when he met a multimillionaire; they got married a few years ago. Cher was at the wedding, they have houses all over the world, etc.

That is some impressive twist of fate.

Vazduh

Marrying at 22 is a bit much anyway. Just find someone cute that doesn't treat you like shit. One step at a time, people.

Tell them.

E7d7I4G.gif

I should ask my bf's former roommate. He was a dirt poor prostitute when he met a multimillionaire; they got married a few years ago. Cher was at the wedding, they have houses all over the world, etc.
wow this is literally all I want from life... except Lana would be at the wedding instead of Cher

Crayons

Banned
I am so jealous I need this in my life except instead of Cher, I'd also go with Lana
just got on grindr. umm fuck

edit: the closest "leather" is 325 miles away lol
I had sex with a leather guy recently.
he came way too quickly and it was all over very fast

Elitist1945

Try not to invite him to dinner BBQ with your parents on the 2nd date. The cringe was real when I saw this happen.

Yikes that does sound cringey. My date tonight was a little awkward since we were both super shy, so we didn't talk much. But I could tell in the last 10-20 minutes we got more comfortable which is good.

KmA

This is really random but I've been following these threads for such a long time and it's really cool to see people who post here have grown a lot. Like I remember there were people dooming themselves to singledom for eternity and now some of them are talking about engagements (!!!) and how a few people didn't even have their first kiss an now they are going on dates and hooking up and it just brings a nice feeling of tranquility to my sensitive gay heart :')

This is really random but I've been following these threads for such a long time and it's really cool to see people who post here have grown a lot. Like I remember there were people dooming themselves to singledom for eternity and now some of them are talking about engagements (!!!) and how a few people didn't even have their first kiss an now they are going on dates and hooking up and it just brings a nice feeling of tranquility to my sensitive gay heart :')

I noticed this too. It's pretty great.

I myself am not as far along as I wanted to be by now, but I'm finally going out to gay clubs and such and making friends. Which is better than where I was just a year ago.

KmA

Yea I've only been doing gay things since last year and I only went to my first gay club back in July. I'm ready to see where this long gay ass road takes me.

DOWN

Banned
I post a little less than I used to but I try to keep up at least reading because I really like hearing updates on you all. Lots of you move in positive directions that you used to not picture for yourselves when you would post before so it is for sure nice to see you all still around and being great.

Yeah it's nice to see the optimism and people pursuing stuff (whatever it is).

Bachelor 4ever tbh. I'm getting stuck in my ways.

All I do now is listen to Tim Hecker and think about how Buddhist ethics is a combination of deontological and virtue ethics.

I have not evolved at all from my first posts in these threads tbh

Actually I like pop music now so that's an upgrade <3

Dany

Banned
We're all growing up!
I have three interviews for the following week. One is at the hospital/unit of my choice and I am screaming, melting and nervous about it all.
Also it's the two year anniversary for bb and I.

New podcast that started this month. Has 3 episodes so far
Making_Gay_History
The Making Gay History podcast mines Eric Marcus’s decades old audio archive of rare interviews to create intimate, personal portraits of both known and long-forgotten champions, heroes, and witnesses to history.

How are you all spending the highest of gay holidays, Halloween?
Something Wicked music festival this weekend
Actual day, work

daripad

I remember I was super deep in the closet when I first came in this thread. 4 years later and now I'm still in the closet with my family and some people at school but at least all my friends know it so I've been feeling more comfortable with myself.

I even lost my virginity in the process lol

Im now confused with what happened the other day, searching a bit i found this article
https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/psychology-researcher-lesbian-blows-the-doors-off-born-gay-theory
wich basically says homosexuals are not born and there is a point to change behaviour, want to say its not true but not sure anymore :/

perfect age to have
Parties!

Seems like a shitty news article drawing conclusions that can't necessarily be drawn from the actual study done.

edit: What the fuck dude, that site is disgusting and it literally sourced NONE of its massive fucking claims. Instead it is trying to pretend the APA made these claims, and that gays can be "cured" somehow has evidence for it despite no actual study being cited.

You're being misled. And why again are you on a "pro-life, pro-family" website. And why are you taking its unsourced hate speech as credible?

They are basically doing the equivalent of

"An African American biologist found that african americans have more melanin than non-africans. This flies in the face of modern liberal bias that race is merely a social construct. Here are some statistics from Stormfront showing that black people are inferior."

edit: The actual researcher they reference found that for some people sexuality can be fluid. The article conflates this as "gay people are choosing to be degenerate homosexuals and they could undergo reparative therapy if they wanted. But its banned because LIEBURULLLSS think homos are fucking born that way! But how can people just have an inborn attraction to the same sex if some people are fluid???? CHECKMATE LIBRUL HOMO SCUM"

Astral Dog

Seems like a shitty news article drawing conclusions that can't necessarily be drawn from the actual study done.

edit: What the fuck dude, that site is disgusting and it literally sourced NONE of its massive fucking claims. Instead it is trying to pretend the APA made these claims, and that gays can be "cured" somehow has evidence for it despite no actual study being cited.

You're being misled. And why again are you on a "pro-life, pro-family" website. And why are you taking its unsourced hate speech as credible?
So its not even real!??
Verry Sorry, i took it mostly because of APA

berzeli

Banned
Im now confused with what happened the other day, searching a bit i found this article
https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/psychology-researcher-lesbian-blows-the-doors-off-born-gay-theory
wich basically says homosexuals are not born and there is a point to change behaviour, want to say its not true but not sure anymore :/
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Campaign_Life_Coalition
Campaign Life Coalition (often called Campaign Life) is a Canadian non-partisan political lobbyist organization that opposes abortion, euthanasia, and same-sex marriage
Campaign Life Coalition founded LifeSiteNews
Dude. Check your sources.

Grakl

perfect age to have
Parties!
Lol I would generally avoid any websites that have "life" in the url, or "natural" or "free", anything like that

And psh parties are for 21

So its not even real!??
Verry Sorry, i took it mostly because of APA

That's the trick of it. It took something an APA psychologist said (sexuality can be fluid) and then basically spun that into pure shit and hate. Notice how like nothing else in the article is actually sourced to a legitimate study. And hell, they are vague about what the APA psychologist even actually said. I only gathered that it had to do with sexual fluidity because of the second or third paragraph. In the first they simply assert that this APA person just said "being gay is a choice!" which doesn't even seem to be true.

edit: Also sorry for coming off as being mad at you. That site just really pissed me off and it got redirected into my post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom