• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Majora's Mask 3D |OT| Remakes are a Nice Thing to Have… Heh, heh

Sanic

Are stores like Walmart, Target, etc. going to be getting LE copies of the game for those of us who didn't preorder?

Anth0ny

I'll be doing my own self imposed "hero mode" play through:

1. 3 hearts
2. Kokiri sword only
3. No inverted song of time

This should be fun :)

disco

Use the game collection. Amazing online store. Cost me £29, free delivery, and it arrived yesterday

Thanks for the heads up! I shall check them out for future releases. I already bought it though from the independent I used to go to as a kid (different location though). Chatted with the guy there and he was totally miserable and didn't give a fuck that I bought Goldeneye with them when I was 10... People are strange...

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
CsAZmJM.png

QrDOoxy.gif

I'll be doing my own self imposed "hero mode" play through:

1. 3 hearts
2. Kokiri sword only
3. No inverted song of time

This should be fun :)

I'm just completing a 3 heart run on OoT3D for the first time in anticipation of MM. I'll have to try it on MM once I beat the game once.

Filben

I got a hand on a customer's Zelda MJ at my local game dealer. I was amazed how clean this game looks. Much better textures and I think more polygons (could be deceived by 3D effect). And such a smooth frame rate. The aiming is pretty cool giving you two options and the face/eye tracker works great! And a free rotating camera! I also noticed some slight changes like repositioning the bankier or the deku guy infront of the clock tower.

I happened to own an older 3DS but I sold it since the 3D effect was really annoying for me because simple angle changes screwed up the image. But this looks so good!

Too bad there are only three games (Zelda) out there I'm interested in for this console. And two of them I have already known since their very first release. So it's not a good deal for me.

ryseing

So excited for tomorrow! I'm a MM virgin, so I'm going in blind minus the first cycle stuff (sounds infuriating, so I just want to get it over with).

Bummed I couldn't get an LE but whatever. MM alone is a treat.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
My wife has the car for the next few days, I won't be able to pick mine up from GameStop tomorrow, gonna have to wait till some time Saturday. ;-;

So excited for tomorrow! I'm a MM virgin, so I'm going in blind minus the first cycle stuff (sounds infuriating, so I just want to get it over with).

Damn, this is definitely one of those games I wish I could wipe from my memory and relive for the first time.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!

Yeah I have options, I could take a bus too but it only comes every half hour, I'd have to just wait around at the store afterward like a chump. I don't really wanna invest any time or money beyond that that I have to, it basically increases the cost of the game in my brain.

Gonna wait it out!!! I can handle it. Kinda. Hyrule Warriors, yes, that's the answer.

Zing

Banned
Anyone else go digital on this? I'm tempted to buy physical, but I tend to only do that for games I know I will share. I suspect my daughter would never play this.

Also, I have several hundred dollars of eshop cards I bought for 25% off, so digital is cheaper.

Zing

Banned
If you are doing digital, I'd strongly advise downloading it tonight. Imagine all the new n3DS owners tomorrow hammering the eshop servers redownloading their software...

Was expecting to be underwhelmed as I was when I was little and hated time limits (finished it but didn't appreciate it as I should have) but damn this thing is great. Glad I waited until now to give it another chance. And the n3DS camera control MAKES A DIFFERENCE. Didn't think it would, but it's super useful and smooth.

Unrelated, but did any UK n3DS ambassadors receive their Skull Kid figure with their copy? I didn't, tad disappointed after hearing about loads of people getting them with their consoles :(

Rich!

Just finished Snowhead Temple. Spoiler for the last stray fairy location, as someone asked about it:

http://a.pomf.se/vnjrjr.JPG

all stray fairy locations in Snowhead are the same. The great fairy gives you the strong spin attack.

And yes. I finished Snowhead temple with all stray fairies before the end of the first day, awww yes. Sword upgrade time!

zeldarocks

Neo Member
Megaton!

During the Second Day, Link wearing the Troupe Leader's Mask can talk to Gorman while he is sleeping in the Stock Pot Inn. He requests Link to bring Mystery Milk from his brothers in the Milk Road. While still wearing the mask, Link can obtain the Milk from the Gorman Brothers, although it spoils after 2 minutes. If Link successfully delivers the Milk to Gorman, he will let him keep the Bottle.

TheMoon

Megaton!

During the Second Day, Link wearing the Troupe Leader's Mask can talk to Gorman while he is sleeping in the Stock Pot Inn. He requests Link to bring Mystery Milk from his brothers in the Milk Road. While still wearing the mask, Link can obtain the Milk from the Gorman Brothers, although it spoils after 2 minutes. If Link successfully delivers the Milk to Gorman, he will let him keep the Bottle.

So is this a new extra bottle
?

I can't wait to get my hands on my preordered physical copy... Anything I need to know before I play it?

I own the original N64 cartridge(Kept it since 2000) and the VC version

Not yet, at least. Nintendo has yet to announce.. you know they ALWAYS build in a surprise or two regarding their amiibos. Hell, look at Smash Bros and Mario Kart 8. No one expected MK8 to give you a Link costume. Hyrule Warrior had a surprise, too if I understand.

Edit:
http://www.zelda.com/majoras-mask/masks/

We can download cut-out paper versions of the Transformation masks!

And Majora's Mask

Boom masks ready for this year's Halloween. And it won't even cost you anything.

called EBGames on why my order hadn't shipped yet, they told me that I would only get an email when it has shipped tonight by Purolator, as I paid for express shipping.

Kriken

Not yet, at least. Nintendo has yet to announce.. you know they ALWAYS build in a surprise or two regarding their amiibos. Hell, look at Smash Bros and Mario Kart 8. No one expected MK8 to give you a Link costume. Hyrule Warrior had a surprise, too if I understand.

Out of curiosity, what do you imagine the Amiibos doing?

Rich!

I can see the Link one unlocking new mask or giving one of the main masks new powers.

Eurgh.

I fucking hope not. I would be furious if I had to spend £12 on a piece of plastic tat to get significant content like that which has been locked out from everyone who doesn't own the amiibo.

TheMoon

Those games all launched before amiibos existed. if MM3D had plans for amiibo support they would've announced it by now and used it as a selling point. There'll be nothing.

Rich!

I hate the very concept of Amiibos but I know I'd eventually crack if it meant new, exciting Majora's Mask content.

Never gonna happen, imo

If they were gonna have amiibo support, it would have been here at launch to push the N3DS exclusive features. Also, the skull kid figure obviously would have been an amiibo.

DooD1234

Feels like I be the odd man to be playing MH4 and MM3D with my regular old 3DSXL. Can't wait to play this again and collect all the mask. Still waiting for Amazon to ship my LE please don't cancel on me.

Those games all launched before amiibos existed. if MM3D had plans for amiibo support they would've announced it by now and used it as a selling point. There'll be nothing.

And you think they would announce this so close to the game's release?

MK 8 and HW was already months old when they updated these games with amiibo support.

There's a reason why Nintendo has both marketing and PR departments. Keeping surprises a secret until a certain time is straight from their playbook. Or have you forgotten?

Never gonna happen, imo

If they were gonna have amiibo support, it would have been here at launch to push the N3DS exclusive features. Also, the skull kid figure obviously would have been an amiibo.

Or they didn't have to when they already gave us both Twilight Link and Toon Link. And I refer you to the above post about not announcing shit so close to their games' release.

I hate the very concept of Amiibos but I know I'd eventually crack if it meant new, exciting Majora's Mask content.

They WILL because why do you think they threw in an Amiibo reader right in the middle of that lower screen?

MK 8 and HW was already months old when they updated these games with amiibo support.

There's a reason why Nintendo has both marketing and PR departments. Keeping surprises a secret until a certain time is straight from their playbook. Or have you forgotten?

Game sales are front loaded. They would have announced it already. Mk8 and HW both released before amiibos were available.

Rich!

Or they didn't have to when they already gave us both Twilight Link and Toon Link. And I refer you to the above post about not announcing shit so close to their games' release.

They WILL because why do you think they threw in an Amiibo reader right in the middle of that lower screen?

Oh for Christ's sake.

It's not gonna happen. Not with MM3D. The game will likely never ever get an update. Ever.

Top Bottom