• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Man rapes 2-year-old girl, yet walks free thanks to plea deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
http://www.rawstory.com/2015/09/tex...rape-leaves-2-year-old-girl-in-pool-of-blood/

Activists in San Angelo, Texas this week were protesting after a local prosecutor’s plea deal sent an alleged rapist home without jail time or requiring him to register as a sex offender.

In a Facebook post last week, Brittany Lynn Rosser explained that she called 911 in January because her boyfriend, 29-year-old Thomas Boden, was drunk and tried to force her to crash the car she was driving, telling her that they both needed to die.

Rosser said that by the time officers showed up at her home, her daughter was screaming, “My butt, my butt!”

“So I laid her down and opened her diaper to find an enormous amount of blood and a clear vaginal tear,” Rosser wrote. “I asked Annabelle what happened and she said, ‘Tom hurt me with his hand.’ I ran outside screaming and crying, pushed past several cops and asked Thomas if he touches my daughter. He didn’t say a word, but had a slight grin on his face.”

According to Rosser, the hospital confirmed that her daughter had been sexually assaulted, and her 4-year-old daughter said that she had seen the attack.

“She told me Tom held Annabelle down on the floor holding a shirt over her face while she was screaming and ‘cut’ her private area with his hands,” Rosser noted. “Later I searched the house and found another diaper and TONS of bloody wipes in the trash along with empty beer cans. All was taken into evidence with Thomas’ DNA all over it. He never even tried to hide the evidence.”

Although Boden was charged with Aggravated Sexual Assault of a Child, he accepted a plea deal of 10 years probation, and was ordered not to have contact with the victim. As part of the deal, Boden will not be required to register as a sex offender.

In a statement on Monday, Assistant District Attorney Jason Ferguson insisted that prosecutors did what was best for the child.

“In this case, we were dealing with a child who was 2 years old at the time of the offense, no adult witnesses, but serious injuries,” Ferguson said. “When we were looking at our options, my primary concern was for the best interest of the child, including considering what going through the rigors of trial preparation and testimony in front of a jury would be like for a toddler.”

The statement added: “The only witnesses to this offense were both toddlers – one was 2 and one was 4. The possibility of one or both of these children being unable to testify was extremely high, if not a certainty. If that were to happen, we faced the very real possibility that the Defendant would be found Not Guilty and simply go home with no consequences. That was something we could not risk.”

This story is so hard to read. I understand the desire to make it easy for the victims, but how can such a monster be allowed to walk free and remain a risk to other children. Just unbelievable.

Humans can be such scum. A 2-year-old... Man, there just are no limits.

ElTorro

Are you FUCKING kidding me?
There are no words to express the outrage I am feeling right now...

Yeah, justice has failed everyone here. This story screwed up my day.

B.O.O.M

It's 5am..and working all night I really needed some sleep

then I see this shit

fk sleep...can't sleep being this angry now anyways

ElTorro

What I don't fucking get is why it's such a problem that the toddlers are the only witnesses. They have DNA evidence on the bloody diapers. Shouldn't that be more than enough?

If someone did this to one of my kids and walked free I would hunt him down and kill him. I would stamp his fucking face into the pavement and piss on his corpse. This makes me so fucking mad. Someone capable of this should be locked up forever.

liquidtmd

Banned
What I don't fucking get is why it's such a problem that the toddlers are the only witnesses. They have DNA evidence on the bloody diapers. Shouldn't that be more than enough?

Sometimes in cases like these I feel you could have the police walk in in the asshole in the act and they'd still get off in not having enough evidence.

Gattsu25

Banned
Plea deals are frequently used as a way of circumventing justice.

This piece of shit should be behind bars, but the prosecutor likely wanted an easy 'win' so this bullshit plea bargain was used instead.

Ray Wonder

Founder of the Wounded Tagless Children
If someone did this to one of my kids and walked free I would hunt him down and kill him. I would stamp his fucking face into the pavement and piss on his corpse. This makes me so fucking mad. Someone capable of this should be locked up forever.

Yeah, I think many people feel this way. I definitely wouldn't blame the father. I'd probably applaud it.

Fucking disgusting.

dofry

That's "Dr." dofry to you.
Walking free vs. Walking free with a 10 year probation. I would have taken the case all the way as many will agree in numerous posts below.
These kind of news are so sad. Does not improve my mood. I cannot fathom how someone would do such a thing. It's a baby. Tiny innocent being. Why?

cameron

I assumed that this occurred in some underdeveloped country.

The statement added: “The only witnesses to this offense were both toddlers – one was 2 and one was 4. The possibility of one or both of these children being unable to testify was extremely high, if not a certainty. If that were to happen, we faced the very real possibility that the Defendant would be found Not Guilty and simply go home with no consequences. That was something we could not risk.”

10 year probation is a joke for what the guy did.

I'm trying to understand how you could find a jury that would be like "hmm, this DNA evidence and rape kit are totally irrefutable...but that 4 year old was kind of shaky on the stand. Not Guilty."

You don't even need the testimony to get a conviction here, and there's no way the defendant of all people should have known about your hesitation to put the children in the stands. This prosecutor is bad at his job.

The sex offender registration and a minimum of a few years should never have been taken off the table.

What did the mom think of all this? Unfortunately the only scenario I can imagine all this coming together for the abusive boyfriend is if he had help from someone else in the victim's family.

ElTorro

Walking free vs. Walking free with a 10 year probation.

He isn't even on a sex offender list. That guy is technically even still allowed to work in a job that involves children, like kindergartner or teacher.

High school teacher can fuck a 17 year old with consent and be labeled as a sex offender. This person does this and doesn't have to register.

What?

UberTag

“In this case, we were dealing with a child who was 2 years old at the time of the offense, no adult witnesses, but serious injuries,” Ferguson said. “When we were looking at our options, my primary concern was for the best interest of the child, including considering what going through the rigors of trial preparation and testimony in front of a jury would be like for a toddler.”
How considerate of you. Seems to me you had an open and shut case without the need of jury testimony from an infant. You could have gotten justice AND acted in the best interests of both this child and any future children that could potentially be harmed (for whom you seem to have no consideration at all).

But hey... who am I to judge?

Fuck you and your team of "prosecutors" Jason Ferguson.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Is it just me or is he basically saying the victim and witnesses are too young for justice to be pursued?

whytemyke

Honorary Canadian.
I'm sure his dead body will be found eventually. Only question is how many kids will be hurt before then.

Amalthea

Banned
This is beyond barbaric and disgusting.
Why don't states like Texas just shut down their adminiatration and declare anarchy? It's not like this system seems like it even tries to resemble a state.

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
Well, I am revoltingly sick all of the sudden...

The thought of this..

Fuck this bullshit, Jesus fucking CHRIST

I remember the other day we had a story about a teacher who got 21(or something in that range) years for having sex with a 16 or 17 year old student.

Now this guy rapes a 2yo and walks free.

Justice...

Edit: not even on the sex offender list. Sure. He would be on that list with monsters who urinated in public while drunk. That would be too harsh.

High school teacher can fuck a 17 year old with consent and be labeled as a sex offender. This person does this and doesn't have to register.

What?

Yep, this is absolutely ridiculous. This guy deserves life imprisonment, but instead gets a gentle tap on the wrist and moves on while two little girls and their mother are probably psychologically damaged for life.

PillarEN

His DNA is all over it. Yet that isn't enough? I'm having a hard time understanding why this man is not serving a severe punishment. He's a danger to everyone around him. This is a problem not of one person/family, it concerns any community this person is a part of. The fact that nobody will be any wiser about his actions if he moves someplace new is a huge problem.

Plea deals sound fucking cool

What a mess, holy shit
Weird that they released his name though, that can't go too well can it ?

JMDSO

Unconfirmed Member
Kids that age don't really have the ability to lie. It's not a concept they really grasp yet.

Dabanton

I don't usually comment on these kind of stories but this guy is a sadistic piece of shit.

He looks like the sort of smug SOB that won't even have the wisdom to get out that area I'm sure karma will return his savagery with interest.

dofry

That's "Dr." dofry to you.
He isn't even on a sex offender list. That guy is technically even still allowed to work in a job that involves children, like kindergartner or teacher.

Yup, that's the worst part but because they did not prove in court that he did it, they can't add him on the list. it's fucked up. I really would like to know what happens to him in the future.

If a molester touches a toddler in the woods and only children are around to see it, and a hospital report confirming the injury, and DNA evidence, and did it even really happen?

- Zen Prosecutor Koan

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
What the fuck.

Was it down to lack of evidence?

I'm more pissed off with the judge that made the decision.
It sounds more like it was because the only witnesseswere a two year old victim and 4 year old sibling.

WHAT THE FUCK?! HOW THE FUCK?! WHY THE FUCK?!

I wouldn't say a single bad thing if someone came up and put a bullet in it head though actually that's way too good for him.

I'm sure Modbot will be making an appearance any time now...

I hope both of the kids are too young to remember this and can go on to live normal lives :(

Yeah... Outside of maybe a block from the trauma that shit is going to be with both of them their whole lives.

It sounds more like it was because the only witnesseswere a two year old victim and 4 year old sibling.

They managed to pin Aggrivated Sexual Assault of a Child though. No kid was needed to help pin that on him. Apart from the victim obviously.

Fucking terrible. I really hope the kids forget about this soon.

CLaddyOnFire

Neo Member
I want this dude locked up as much as the next guy, but people questioning the whole "his DNA was on everything!" thing aren't thinking it through.

This was his child, and his skin cells (they say he used his hand, so the DNA they mention should be just skin, no semen or anything) were on her bloody diaper. That isn't evidence that he caused anything. His defense would probably be that his daughter was crying and he saw her diaper was bloody, so he changed her, and that's how his DNA got in the diaper and on her body, since that's what a normal parent would do if they saw their toddler bleeding - they would change and clean her. If there isn't any witness testimony (which they mention might be the case with two children under 5 years old), then the ONLY testimony is the defendant, and since his story would make it so that there is a reasonable doubt, the correct verdict would be not guilty.

As much as I fucking hate it, 10 years probation with the plea deal is a better option for the prosecution's attorney. Obviously most people outside the story would say to chance it with the trial though.

I don't often wish death on someone, but holy shit. He ruined the life of an innocent child (and likely her sister as well). If this were my daughter, I'd literally eat his face. Literally.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom