• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel's Ant-Man - Trailer 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goldrush

Eh. Was hoping for a bigger departure from the standard Marvel movie formula. Hoping the trailer is deceptive and it is more of a bank heist/comedy rather than a superhero movie.

It's possible (probable?) that Lang (or Pym) will be in the pre-post-pre-credits sequence for AoU.

And this trailer will probably play before AoU, in case any of the audience for that hasn't already checked out the Youtube version. People will know about it... And I think they will want to watch it based on how it looks.

cacildo

Damn it Marvel, why do you show the end of the movie in the first trailer?!

This trailer is a lot better than the first one (was it a trailer, a teaser, what?)

But it really seems it shows too much....

I remember one of the Avengers trailers had the scene where Hulk catches Iron Man from the sky... which is almost the last thing that happens in the movie

mreddie

Eh. Was hoping for a bigger departure from the standard Marvel movie formula. Hoping the trailer is deceptive and it is more of a bank heist/comedy rather than a superhero movie.

The same with Guardians and Winter Soldier, there's likely to be more layers than we think.

DeathyBoy

Banned
This trailer is a lot better than the first one (was it a trailer, a teaser, what?)

But it really seems it shows too much....

I remember one of the Avengers trailers had the scene where Hulk catches Iron Man from the sky... which is almost the last thing that happens in the movie

People aren't going to see Ant-Man for the story.

Haha, goddam Thomas. Looks like good fun.

26ZCou0.jpg

zNyI6.gif

At this point I'm pretty much going to assume all the good parts are Wright's work and all the bad parts are stuff they did after he left. I know that's not fair, but that's how it do.

Fj0823

A toy train? were's the sense of danger?

Also, He shouldn't crack jokes while people are in danger.

And it looks like TV.
loved it

geomon

Looks like a lot of fun. I actually feel better about this movie than I did about Guardians before I watched it.

They're fighting inside a purse. This looks fun as well. They nailed the shrinking effect as well. Pretty cool to see him going through bullet holes in doors.

809f207058283238b7cd4ed494fbf920.png

The only problem I have with some of the first marvel movies is that the main villain has the same powers as the hero, Hulk fights another hulk, Iron Man 1 fights another man in a suit, Antman fights another small dude.

Also the parts with he ants looks cheesy, but what ever I'll still watch it.

kurahador

I'm guessing Lang will take Yellowjacket suit at the end, Pym modify and give it to his daughter, thus turning her into Wasp.

Which means Wasp will only be mid-credit scene. :(

inm8num2

Rudd looks really comfortable in the role. I'm looking forward to this movie. It should be able to hit $200m domestically.

If you put on the suit and shrink, can then you then take off the suit and walk around all tiny, but unable to grow big again?

Because if so, I think I know how Yellowjacket will be defeated.

Looks like fun. I hope the movie is as funny as the trailer and they didn't already ruin the best jokes.

Kinda wish they hadn't shown the train thing. That would've gotten a pretty great laugh at the theater if it was a surprise. On the other hand, that gag probably sold some people on the movie.

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
This looks actually better than the first trailer, although I'm still sour about the whole Edgar Wright thing mainly because this was his baby for the longest time. Still, I'm open to be pleasantly surprised.

Also, is it just me? Or does Paul Rudd look like he can pull a Nathan Drake with the way he's acting in this role?

Slayven

If you put on the suit and shrink, can then you then take off the suit and walk around all tiny, but unable to grow big again?

Because if so, I think I know how Yellowjacket will be defeated.

Nope, he will shrink down so far that he will enter the microverse

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom