• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mask Efficacy |OT| Wuhan!! Got You All In Check

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alx

Why do people always assume there's some kind of sinister plan?

For example, when british troops come to Baltics for military drills, they teleport their tanks from their bases to where they want to go? Pretty sure they move tanks between their own bases with trucks too. Military transport being moved by roads is nothing uncommon.

Yeah the same worried rumors happened in France. The thing is that the army is almost always moving hardware around (usually for training sessions, maybe maintenance). Most people probably never notice them or bother filming them, unless there's some unrelated situation going on and suddenly they see it in a different light.

Alx

DcIlXLD.jpg

I wonder if it has still be blessed by the local bishop ?

grkazan12

So about that itchy throat that I had on Sunday, it eventually became a sore throat and now I just have some phlegm that I hack up every once in a while.

Haven't really had a high fever or muscle aches and I feel pretty good for the most part.

I know not the place to ask, so know I'm thinking it's 50% Corona or 50% not.

Croatoan

They/Them A-10 Warthog
So about that itchy throat that I had on Sunday, it eventually became a sore throat and now I just have some phlegm that I hack up every once in a while.

Haven't really had a high fever or muscle aches and I feel pretty good for the most part.

Could be allergies, stress, anxiety, psychosomatic, acid reflux, post nasal drip or a regular cold.

The flu comes on real fast and hits hard so its not that.

Still likely not COVID-19.

Last edited:

Maybe it's the Coronitavirus

81b%2Bo-K4Y6L._SX569_.jpg

C

Contica

Unconfirmed Member
I am so thankful that me and my wife both have complete job security and can stay at home indefinitely should it get to that. I feel so bad for people with stores that just have to shut down since nobody's in town.

So bizarre.

cryptoadam

Banned
Welp I might be about 8 days away from self isolation.

A lady I work with who was coughing and sick is isolating for the next 2 weeks, not allowed back to work. They won't give her a test yet.

She is a heavy smoker and someone who calls in sick all the time so could just be her usual being sick. But she is also above 60.

Welp I might be about 8 days away from self isolation.

A lady I work with who was coughing and sick is isolating for the next 2 weeks, not allowed back to work. They won't give her a test yet.

She is a heavy smoker and someone who calls in sick all the time so could just be her usual being sick. But she is also above 60.
Assuming you're young and healthy you might find the isolation worse than the actual symptoms...I know I am...

My county

In a statement just issued by the county, the public health department said it suspects five of the county's 10 confirmed and presumptive COVID-19 cases to be community-spread with an unidentified source of exposure.

These would be the first such cases in the county.

Public Health is investigating these cases & has contacted close contacts to assess and monitor them for signs & symptoms of illness. Those exposed and symptomatic have been advised to be tested. All confirmed cases are being isolated and close contacts are quarantined.

Smiles and Cries Smiles and Cries .. you take over if I die.

cormack12

Gold Member
Had our third case confirmed in our hospital. The logistics of gettting tests across the country is more difficult than people think. So you have to send the specimens out to regional test centres then they have to come back and culture. We're only testing new presentations through casualty not existing patients on wards.

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
My next door neighbor today(no not that one) told me their sister was diagnosed with the virus today. And they're diabetic. They live in another county.

Makariel

We had one confirmed case at my workplace and pretty much everthing that's possible to be done online has moved online. Everyone who worked in the same building has been sent home to isolate. I've started having meetings with people via MS TEAMS that are literally sitting next door. I've sent folks home who showed up in the office with a persistent cough.

Had our third case confirmed in our hospital. The logistics of gettting tests across the country is more difficult than people think. So you have to send the specimens out to regional test centres then they have to come back and culture. We're only testing new presentations through casualty not existing patients on wards.

Hrmmmm, wasn't the 2020 census supposed to roll out soon? Me thinks that might get repurposed for door to door testing........

Ten_Fold

So are they just gonna lockdown the big cities for 2 weeks or is the whole U.S going down soon? I like in Michigan and well its somewhat business as usual except for restaurants and small businesses.

Starfield

Irans numbers -again- make no fucking sense. While everywhere around the world (except for China, South Korea) the numbers are going up exponentially in Iran they only infect around 1000 people a day? A quadratic growth? such BULLSHIT.

I know there is a huge shortage of testkits around the world so thats prob why in some countries the numbers are lower than they probably are, but Iran is straight up lying.

We probably have millions of infected already around the globe. No doubt about that.

Azzurri

I'm in the same boat as you, had an itch throat Sunday, then sore throat Monday and Tuesday, now my voice is raspy like I have it half. But like you said no Fever or body aches, have phlem also, not a dry cough, also have a stuffy and runny nose.

If I feel a fever coming on my ass is going to the ER.

Last edited:

Alebrije

Irans numbers -again- make no fucking sense. While everywhere around the world (except for China, South Korea) the numbers are going up exponentially in Iran they only infect around 1000 people a day? A quadratic growth? such BULLSHIT.

I know there is a huge shortage of testkits around the world so thats prob why in some countries the numbers are lower than they probably are, but Iran is straight up lying.

We probably have millions of infected already around the globe. No doubt about that.

Obviously are millions of infected...that is how pandemia works

Nymphae

Banned
Anyone seen the Amazon Original called Counterpart? Just tipped off to this, I think I might do the free Starz trial to watch it. Very cool concept, and I hear it's good at showing what living in a pandemic situation is like.

Reactions: jts

Lanrutcon

South Africa update: we were on 16 confirmed the Monday before last. Now we're on 116, 31 more than yesterday, the majority of which are in my state and a chunk in my city.

Bear in mind that number is completely skewed as a large number of people aren't in a position to get tested, won't get tested because they don't believe in conventional medicine or aren't even aware the disease exists.

Chaplain

"Boris Johnson announced schools across the united kingdom will close their gates to all but the children of crucial public servants and the vulnerable. GCSEs and A levels - with just weeks to go - have been scrapped." (3/18/20)

cryptoadam

Banned

The only good thing about this, it means the virus isn't as deadly as people think. Right now the denominator is 200K or so.

Anyways there will be a country that will get to a breaking point and close its hospitals and then we will see how deadly this gets.

jts

...hate me...
Anyone seen the Amazon Original called Counterpart? Just tipped off to this, I think I might do the free Starz trial to watch it. Very cool concept, and I hear it's good at showing what living in a pandemic situation is like.
I have not, thanks for the heads up.

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion

how does Germany keep the deaths so low she needs to share

---

meanwhile:
I could have been playing Animal Crossing at 9AM tomorrow :(

I forgot I could have gotten an Austrailian eShop account and downloaded a digital copy early :messenger_loudly_crying:
too late now no monies already got US

going to Dunkin Donuts must catch this virus

I hope those filthy Germans stays in their country.

Nymphae

Banned
I have not, thanks for the heads up.

For those interested, it stars JK Simmons. During the cold war, a German scientist finds/creates a portal to a parallel Earth that is exactly the same as ours, up to the point of the portal creation, at which point they diverge into different paths. The second earth believes the first is responsible for a pandemic that does a number on them and is planning some sort of revenge. JK works as a low level office employee at the company that maintains the portal, and in the other universe, he is a spy who uncovers the plot for vengeance against the other Earth.

Sounds cool and I guess there's lots of pandemic imagery, in the other Earth, everyone wears masks at all times and there are handwash stations set up everywhere.

MEnaANa.jpg

This is so scary, I'm honestly at a loss for words. US cases going up like crazy... fourth death in my country today (Brazil) is an elderly man from my city. :messenger_hushed:

oatmeal

Banned
I've seen people on this very forum calling it that. They must have got it from somewhere. Much of the data we are getting from this is coming from China. Right now everybody in the scientific community talking about Chloroquine, which may be successful in treating this. Here is the study they are referencing.
No. I mean, no one in the Oval said that. The reporter who claims it says they said it in front of her, so she can only imagine what they're saying behind her back. Notice Trump said "who said that". Becuase it's made up. No one said it to her.

Smollett p2.

Liljagare

Hilarious, people are starting to complain about preschools here in Sweden, they are shutting down themselves due to disease.

Like, preschool teachers are supposed to go to work, despite feeling unwell?

For those critical staff, you can't rely on regular preschool, need to setup spots for them to drop off their kids at.

p_xavier

Authorized Fister
Was it posted? Seems that an old drug has been a miracle cure against the virus in France. Bayer is upping the production.

Last edited:

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
So all of the stock market gain that took place under Trump's administration is effectively gone. Wiped out.

Whoever wins in November, it will be like they are just taking the baton from Obama again.

Kenpachii

So all of the stock market gain that took place under Trump's administration is effectively gone. Wiped out.

Whoever wins in November, it will be like they are just taking the baton from Obama again.

And its just the start, aspect huge financial hits on the markets far more than those gains.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
This is so scary, I'm honestly at a loss for words. US cases going up like crazy... fourth death in my country today (Brazil) is an elderly man from my city. :messenger_hushed:
It's the natural progression of any new virus. We're trying to mitigate it as best we can, and some are doing it better than others, but some number of dead people is the reality that we have to face. Hopefully it's relatively small.

GAMETA

Banned
Seriously, everybody's exploring the tiniest hint of effective treatment, and nobody's wondering why Germany has so few deaths or critical cases ? Either their numbers are wrong, or they're doing something that everybody else should be doing. Has anybody asked ?

ist das wiener wurst

Alx

Was it posted? Seems that an old drug has been a miracle cure against the virus in France. Bayer is upping the production.

It's only been tested on 24 people in France (Marseille). There's a larger test planned soon in Lille, but it's far from "a miracle cure", it shws promising results but also major side effects.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom