• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mask Efficacy |OT| Wuhan!! Got You All In Check

Status
Not open for further replies.

oatmeal

Banned
What is secret of India that has rather low number of reported cases compared to the large population? If EU and U.S hit pretty hard by the COV-19, India's data is surprisingly low compared to the rest of world. Large cities in India are highly dense and clustered.
Piss drinking parties.

Last edited:

Eiknarf

yj7YYZa.jpg

SushiReese

Do you guys support the idea that Federal government order/mobilize U.S army to construct large quarantine hospitals facilities across the red zone? China could build two hospitals in a short period of time, EU could not achieve that with limited manpower and resources, but I believe U.S fully has the capability to accomplish that.

Do you guys support the idea that Federal government order/mobilize U.S army to construct large quarantine hospitals facilities across the red zone? China could build two hospitals in a short period of time, EU could not achieve that with limited manpower and resources, but I believe U.S fully has the capability to accomplish that.

Didn't one of their ramshackle hospitals collapse?

squallheart

Because of my autoimmune suppression, I didn't wanna risk going to the store. Has anyone here use Target Shipt before? I was gonna order supplies from them, but it says it says it works by having someone go to the local store, pick them up, and deliver them. If inventory isn't accurate from the website, I'm not sure what they'd even do. Would I still get charged?

Not sure how it works, anyone here know?

I've done it before quite easy but if I were you I'd recommend the target drive up. They will prepare your products and you just pull up at designated area and they will give it to you at your car. No need to get down.

Porcile

Hubei with zero cases provided China hasn't flubbed the numbers. So looks like it will be a good three or four months before the worst of it has passed.

Chaplain

Coronavirus global news summary (March 18, 2020):

"At NTD, we prefer "#CCPvirus", short for "Chinese Communist Party Virus". This is because the Chinese Communist Party's coverup and mismanagement allowed the virus to spread throughout China and create a global pandemic. We bring you an exclusive interview explaining how Taiwan has fared better than most in dealing with the coronavirus outbreak. In a matter of days, Germany has become one of the worst-hit countries of the virus. One state hit particularly hard. What relations does the state have with China and what’s its role in this epidemic? A Chinese expert predicts Wuhan will be ready to be removed from lockdown soon. But state media quote another expert warning of the opposite."

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
I've done it before quite easy but if I were you I'd recommend the target drive up. They will prepare your products and you just pull up at designated area and they will give it to you at your car. No need to get down.
I don't think my store even has a drive up spot lol.

Today's South Korea data:

11,377 newly tested (307,024 total tested)
152 new cases (8,565 total)
407 discharged
7 new deaths (91 total)

A whole load of new cases in the city of Daegu, where over 80% of all Korean confirmed cases are located. We jokingly called it "Gotham" due to its relatively high crime rate; now, it looks like what would have happened if Scarecrow hadn't been stopped in Batman Begins.

SushiReese

NTD and China Uncensored are not the credible sources to report the Chinese News. They are basically the propaganda branches from Falun Gong, basically Chinese Scientology of cult. I would surprised if you found any positive news related to China on all their platform.
Why are there prison bars on the hospital windows?
Window security bars are very popular and normal in Chinese community(including China and Taiwan.), it's included in recommended building protocols for apartment buildings.

Cybrwzrd

Banned
NTD and China Uncensored are not the credible sources to report the Chinese News. They are basically the propaganda branches from Falun Gong, basically Chinese Scientology of cult. I would surprised if you found any positive news related to China on all their platform.

Window security bars are very popular and normal in Chinese community(including China and Taiwan.), it's included in recommended building protocols for apartment buildings.

Ahh, that fresh smell of a 3 year old “Neo“ account, trustworthy and full of clout.

*edit* Wow, you have had an account since 2017, and didn't post until THIS thread.

Last edited:

gamerMan

The first data from the US is starting to come out and it is mirrors what we have known. The data shows 40% of hospitalized people for Coronavirus in the US are between the ages of 20 to 54.

Last edited:
reached 20,557 new cases yesterday, New Day starts with South Korea and USA, China

xcth832.png

Last edited:

oatmeal

Banned
reached 20,557 new cases yesterday, New Day starts with South Korea and USA, China

xcth832.png

crushing it bro.

xcth832.png

It's okay, we'll get 25K, 35K, 50K, 3M per day soon but it's okay, it's getting better!

Loki

Count of Concision
Visited 9 Rite-Aid/Walgreens/CVS stores in Brooklyn tonight and all of them were out of thermometers (including baby thermometers and disposables). Wow lol.

How are people who cohabitate dealing with this? Are you keeping "social distance" from your significant others (wife, GF etc.) and not kissing, holding hands, having sex etc., or are you just resigning yourselves to the idea that if one of you gets it, the other likely will too? Also, what's the current recommendation on those who come down with relatively mild symptoms - to just self-isolate for 2 weeks and only seek testing/hospitalization if conditions worsen?

Visited 9 Rite-Aid/Walgreens/CVS stores in Brooklyn tonight and all of them were out of thermometers (including baby thermometers and disposables). Wow lol.

How are people who cohabitate dealing with this? Are you keeping "social distance" from your significant others (wife, GF etc.) and not kissing, holding hands, having sex etc., or are you just resigning yourselves to the idea that if one of you gets it, the other likely will too? Also, what's the current recommendation on those who come down with relatively mild symptoms - to just self-isolate for 2 weeks and only seek testing/hospitalization if conditions worsen?
I split a place with my brother and we've accepted that eventually one of us gets it, spreads it to the other and then we'll both self-quarantine.

You gotta look up what your state guidelines are for who qualifies for a test.

nush

Gold Member
How is Japan handling it so well by doing nothing. Curious

I'll take a guess that it's an island nation, and probably a lot less travel to and from China in low numbers as a start. But I'd add in their cultural cleanliness is probably a big factor. When I went to Japan the first thing I noticed was how damn clean everything was, I could not even find gum walked into the footpaths it was that clean.

Porcile

I'll take a guess that it's an island nation, and probably a lot less travel to and from China in low numbers as a start. But I'd add in their cultural cleanliness is probably a big factor. When I went to Japan the first thing I noticed was how damn clean everything was, I could not even find gum walked into the footpaths it was that clean.

Not really because flu becomes rampant when it breaks out here. It has has a shit load of Chinese tourists and residents too. So far it just seems like the virus hasn't had the ideal situation to spread. Whether that's due to luck or the government's response is anyone's guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom