• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mask Efficacy |OT| Wuhan!! Got You All In Check

Status
Not open for further replies.
So all of the stock market gain that took place under Trump's administration is effectively gone. Wiped out.

Whoever wins in November, it will be like they are just taking the baton from Obama again.
the only problem with that comparison is that Obama passing off the baton had a lot of upwards momentum. it's worse.

Reactions: GHG

Skyr

Seriously, everybody's exploring the tiniest hint of effective treatment, and nobody's wondering why Germany has so few deaths or critical cases ? Either their numbers are wrong, or they're doing something that everybody else should be doing. Has anybody asked ?
A good infrastructure in terms of icu’s. It’s about to hit it’s limit tho.

Last edited:

cryptoadam

Banned
Seriously, everybody's exploring the tiniest hint of effective treatment, and nobody's wondering why Germany has so few deaths or critical cases ? Either their numbers are wrong, or they're doing something that everybody else should be doing. Has anybody asked ?

Iv been wondering about Germany, but lets not count the chickens before they hatch.

It could be just Germany was able to not have many ICU cases so far, and with the upped numbers of cases they will get overwhelmed.

but my educated guess is old people. Italy something like 98% deaths are old people, 99% of deaths had an underlying condition. In the study of 2000 people only 17 were under the age of 50. Thats >1%.

p_xavier

Authorized Fister
It's only been tested on 24 people in France (Marseille). There's a larger test planned soon in Lille, but it's far from "a miracle cure", it shws promising results but also major side effects.
Well it's a good sign. Any other side effect than not dying is good at this point IMO.

grkazan12

My next door neighbor today(no not that one) told me their sister was diagnosed with the virus today. And they're diabetic. They live in another county.

I've been worrying about my mother contracting it as she is diabetic, but she is not overweight and is pretty active. I know it varies from person to person, but the silver lining is that a diabetic man aged 52 years got it in the UK and he was able to overcome it.

He basically said it was like the flu for him and managed it at home, link below:

Alx

A good infrastructure in terms of icu’s. It’s about to hit it’s limit tho.

There must be something else. France hasn't reached saturation in most of its hospitals, and they had several deaths in many areas. Also there are old people in Germany too...

Liljagare

Iv been wondering about Germany, but lets not count the chickens before they hatch.

It could be just Germany was able to not have many ICU cases so far, and with the upped numbers of cases they will get overwhelmed.

but my educated guess is old people. Italy something like 98% deaths are old people, 99% of deaths had an underlying condition. In the study of 2000 people only 17 were under the age of 50. Thats >1%.

All sorts of antivirals are being tossed at critically ill patients, ebola meds, antimalaria + hiv meds, and a old friend of ours, quinine.

H

hariseldon

Unconfirmed Member
Print out this post, frame it, and gift it to her on Mother's Day 👍
Funny thing is this was in response to me offering to get hold of 40kg of rice and drive it 100 miles to her. She ignored the rice. What do you even do with that level of stupid?

Last edited by a moderator:

TTOOLL

This is so scary, I'm honestly at a loss for words. US cases going up like crazy... fourth death in my country today (Brazil) is an elderly man from my city. :messenger_hushed:
The three who died today were not in good shape at all, 2 were pretty old too. I mean, this thing is a big deal, but we are nowhere near some countries.

Last edited:

JordanN

Banned
Buzz Lightyear spotted? Or just a fat knight?

CCGkrHK.jpg

Last edited:

cryptoadam

Banned
All sorts of antivirals are being tossed at critically ill patients, ebola meds, antimalaria + hiv meds, and a old friend of ours, quinine.

Looking at Italy data it just looks like a lot of old sick people got this and died. Somehow the under 50 set is doing ok, especially under 40.

But if you have diabetes, heart condition, or high blood pressure you are at risk. And if you are 60+ with those conditions its even worse. I will have to guess lots of people in Lombardy have 1 of those 3.

Could be those meds work better on young people? For some reason they are recovering more or not getting as sick.

If you have a lot of people with those conditions your probably in for a bad day.

greepoman

Saw an interview with a German doc and he said the reason their death rate was low was just because they have tested so many more people than other European countries and the average age of the people they've tested is 40.

Also he thought that they were just earlier in the curve and it would still get a lot worse.

The Guardian answering the pressing question of if it's okay to lick bumholes during the pandemic.

The answer:

Get your tongue out that bumhole right now!

Hey, it's a natural instinct to go at it like two mice in a wool sock if you're cooped up too long together. I'd say it's a pretty important question :)

I've been worrying about my mother contracting it as she is diabetic, but she is not overweight and is pretty active. I know it varies from person to person, but the silver lining is that a diabetic man aged 52 years got it in the UK and he was able to overcome it.

He basically said it was like the flu for him and managed it at home, link below:

From everything I can gather, me being a type 1 diabetic and quasi concerned about catching the corona, the issues with corona virus and diabetes comes not just from BEING diabetic. It is the damage that has already been done by the diabetes being exacerbated by the corona virus. If your sugars have been out of control for years and your kidneys and cardiovascular system are fucked then you're going to be at a far greater risk of complications.

Last edited:

grkazan12

That report released yesterday talked about this very thing. They

From everything I can gather, me being a type 1 diabetic and quasi concerned about catching the corona, the issues with corona virus and diabetes comes not just from BEING diabetic. It is the damage that has already been done by the diabetes being exacerbated by the corona virus. If your sugars have been out of control for years and your kidneys and cardiovascular system are fucked then you're going to be at a far greater risk of complications.

I feel you Phunky, I also found an article from the ADA stating that severe complications from coronavirus decrease if blood sugar is well maintained. and that you would be more likely to have mild symptoms like the general population.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
the only problem with that comparison is that Obama passing off the baton had a lot of upwards momentum. it's worse.

It's only worse if Coronavirus concerns are not temporary. I don't see why the economy would not bounce back a ton once we're on the other side of this.

I feel you Phunky, I also found an article from the ADA stating that severe complications from coronavirus decrease if blood sugar is well maintained. and that you would be more likely to have mild symptoms like the general population.

I have had type 1 for 23 years. For years now I have had an HA1c ranging between 6.2 - 6.9 when I get tested (every three months). Part of those blood tests also tests kidney function among many other things and I am way below any danger levels showing organ damage. This is all i have to go on for predicting how well i would handle it.

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
Because of my autoimmune suppression, I didn't wanna risk going to the store. Has anyone here use Target Shipt before? I was gonna order supplies from them, but it says it says it works by having someone go to the local store, pick them up, and deliver them. If inventory isn't accurate from the website, I'm not sure what they'd even do. Would I still get charged?

Not sure how it works, anyone here know?

SushiReese

What is secret of India that has rather low number of reported cases compared to the large population? If EU and U.S hit pretty hard by the COV-19, India's data is surprisingly low compared to the rest of world. Large cities in India are highly dense and clustered.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom