• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mat Piscatella (NPD) - Helldivers 2 is a huge hit, but it’s mostly coming from PC. (Update: tweets deleted, no evidence provided)

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69

IMG-0053.jpg

I wonder if well ever get official platform splits

Edit- he deleted it

Last edited:

graywolf323

without numbers those figures really mean nothing, how many active users does each platform have?

I mean Steam has 120+ million accounts including ~60 million daily active, I highly doubt that it’s sold 10+ million on Steam…

so without the basis for the figures he’s referencing, Piscatella’s not really telling us anything (except that it’s doing well on PC which is great for Sony’s GAAS plans)

edit: seems those numbers I remembered were from 2020 so Steam is likely even higher now

Last edited:

RickMasters

It's so sad how you guys will go under instruction so easily.

Lol… projecting much? It’s so sad how you think you know people, that you don’t know and that then all with the same brush. All because cause they don’t play on you’re fave box. 🤷🏾‍♂️

I thought “when everybody played we all win” though? To paraphrase my fellow gaffers quoting phil….. wasn’t that what you guys were all saying the other day before MS podcast, thingy?

Now I put out the idea of a Sony Published GAAS game on all platforms it’s suddenly a thing? Where do you think I’ll be playing marathon? I’m one of the same people who said sea of theives and grounded were great ideas on other platforms…. That just how I feel about GAAS. I don’t think they should have an upfront cost when they have so much back end stuff to make their money back on. And I feel that to make that money you should have it in as many places as possible. But here you go with your usual fuckery talk 🤷🏾‍♂️😅🤦🏾‍♂️

Are you sure you are not ass of can whippins alt account?

Last edited:

GHG

Is this a new metric Piscatella has suddenly come up with? Ratios of Steam vs console?

Seems like it. And there's no way of verifying anything because he's not divulging in any details/statistics.

For a start, what qualifies an account as "active" to them and is that consistent across both platforms?

Because I have a hard time believing that 1 in 4 steam accounts in the US are playing the game considering how big Steam is now.

GHG

Lol… projecting much? It’s so sad how you think you know people, that you don’t know and that then all with the same brush. All because cause they don’t play on you’re fave box. 🤷🏾‍♂️

I thought “when everybody played we all win” though? To paraphrase my fellow gaffers quoting phil….. wasn’t that what you guys were all saying the other day before MS podcast, thingy?

Now I put out the idea of a Sony Published GAAS game on all platforms it’s suddenly a thing? Where do you think I’ll be playing marathon? I’m one of the same people who said sea of theives and grounded were great ideas on other platforms…. That just how I feel about GAAS. I don’t think they should have an upfront cost when they have so much back end stuff to make their money back on. And I feel that to make that money you should have it in as many places as possible. But here you go with your usual fuckery talk 🤷🏾‍♂️😅🤦🏾‍♂️

Look, the way I see it is that you have two choices here. Either you can continue being Phil's cuck, or you can take your own advice that you were very quick to express prior to his call to arms:

Lol….. have you not seen the Xbox line up this year? Xbox owners don’t need to beg for anything.

The usual port begging. Just ignore them.

Bingo!

It just comes across as some type of port begging that stinks of some weird sort of entitlement.

Choice is yours of course.

Last edited:

Topher

Gold Member
I mean you have to assume Circana has access to data the public doesn’t

Folks don't have to assume anything. Certainly nothing wrong in asking the question. Piscatella's reaction to being questioned raises more questions, imo.

Can't say i'm surprised.

Him and dring the 2 sales dudes have a massive attitude problem, and get bent out of shape if you ask for more info to make sense of things.

Reminds me of Jason Schrierer.

Last edited:

T4keD0wN

For a start, what qualifies an account as "active" to them and is that consistent across both platforms?
i think the amount of time logged in being equal or larger than 1 second is the only thing that classifies user as active for both on any given time period, its a worthless metric.

Concurrently online or better yet in-game would be useful.

We do know what their alleged maximum server capacity is, we do know how many people are in-game on steam, normally we could calculate the potential split if we assume the servers are at capacity by simply substracting it and then calculating the ratio, but the problem is that theres a lot of people who cannot get logged in on both platforms and such users would still counted as in-game on steam and that invalidates the numbers, so its completely impossible to give even a roughly accurate estimate.

Cant use sales either as a sale doesnt always translate to an active user, only ones who could have an accurate number are the developers, publishers and the server operators behind it.

Last edited:
  • Thoughtful
Reactions: GHG

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
lol 😂 I knew people would crucify him for this but he’s right the majority or players are on steam.
Has nothing to do with my post, I can believe it sold way more on Steam, I don't believe it sold to 1 in 4 or that it has to in order to do way better than it did on PS5, even if restricted to a specific region only (I also don't see why such a game may have significantly more success in any single region).

Bitch please.

But hey he admitted it has nothing to do with sales and is just making a frivolous report/claim about how right now 1 in 4 active users are playing it vs whatever because it's something that can be true at this specific moment in time and wrong/not mean shit in the grand scheme of things too, it's bs.

Last edited:

Astray

Gold Member
we’ve seen it doing ~400k on both PS5 & Steam player concurrent player counts, do you honestly think Steam only has ~2 million daily active users in the USA while PS5 has a ton more?
Splits can be different between different regions. Playstation is very strong in non-US countries so it's likely that the ww split would be different.

I'd expect the split to skew in Steam's favor tho due to no Paid Online

Top Bottom