• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 11, 2017 (Mar 13 - Mar 19)

casiopao

I reckon Capcom sees it could be a Souls level success in foreign markets: topping at 3 million.

If this real, they are still as idiot as before then lol.SFV 2 million Flop, RE7 Flop, MHS underperforming, MHXX unable to reach 2 million.

I would love to see when Capcom shut down there thanks to their stupid move again and again lol.

...Now that you say it, what are Bandai Namco relevant brands nowadays ? DBZ is a multi-million seller, there's Tekken too. Souls are supposed to be dead now.

None. Bamco is more famous of having tons of mid level IP. Thats their specialty.

Bamco is also more famous for being god of anime franchise producer lol. You can even check that from their mobile effort where 90% of their title is all using anime IP rather than original IP.

LordKano

Souls ain't dead/over. Not a chance.

Also Naruto does pretty well IIRC. Bandai Namco is a weird example though because they are the biggest third party in Japan based on their strategy of a lot of small/mid sized games, not big games.

Officially they are, according to Miyazaki. I doubt Bamco will let that happen but right now idk.
Naruto don't sell particularly amazing, I'm not sure how NSUNS4 (fuck that name) did in the west, but it opened at 60k in Japan.

Also, there's the problem that Naruto is officially over now, both anime and manga-wise. Boruto won't last long.

Sandfox

DBZ - 3-4 million
Naruto - 2-3 million
Tekken - 3-4 million (according to Tekken 6)
Tales - 1 million+

I reckon Capcom sees it could be a Souls level success in foreign markets: topping at 3 million.

Even with the surge in Western sales, P3rd is still the best selling game last time I checked.
I forgot about Tekken, but the Naruto Ultimate Ninja series was in decline and is officially done. I have zero idea what to expect from Tekken 7.

If this real, they are still as idiot as before then lol.SFV 2 million Flop, RE7 Flop, MHS underperforming, MHXX unable to reach 2 million.

I would love to see when Capcom shut down there thanks to their stupid move again and again lol.

None. Bamco is more famous of having tons of mid level IP. Thats their specialty.

Bamco is also more famous for being god of anime franchise producer lol. You can even check that from their mobile effort where 90% of their title is all using anime IP rather than original IP.

You seem hurt.
RE7 was a big success btw.

I forgot about Tekken, but the Naruto Ultimate Ninja series was in decline and is officially done. I have zero idea what to expect from Tekken 7.

UNS4 was the best selling game of the series. However since the manga is finished I'm not sure what they have in store.

Sandfox

It will do shit (fighters are dead .... again).
On the one hand Tekken was big when the other fighting brands were dead, but Tekken 6 came out a decade ago.
You seem hurt.

UNS4 was the best selling game of the series. However since the manga is finished I'm not sure what they have in store.
Source?

Also, they already said that Road to Boruto was the end of the series. We'll probably get a Boruto game in a year or two that won't be as popular as the UN series.

casiopao

You seem hurt.

Why should i be hurt to see an incompetent company fall down? Yeah. I believe RE7 is huge success there. Just like how SFV is going to sell 2 million. Any time soon.

BKK

On the one hand Tekken was big when the other fighting brands were dead, but Tekken 6 came out a decade ago.

Exactly ... I'd love to be proved wrong, but I have to be realistic. All of my favourite fighters keep declining entry after entry, I don't see Tekken changing that. I'd still like to see VF6 though!

KtSlime

It's been on the eshop since day 1?

I live in Japan, so no.

Maybe it didn't sell to expectations on 3DS/WiiU? Because Nintendo is the publisher in Japan and they've said jack shit about the Switch version since it was announced.

https://topics.nintendo.co.jp/c/article/70ce2eff-0ad2-11e7-9aaf-063b7ac45a6d.html

There's a new update about Specter of Torment coming to the 3DS and WiiU versions on April 5th. No mention at all of the Switch release there either. So it sounds like Nintendo didn't renegotiate for publishing rights on Switch in Japan. Kinda sad.

Yeah, I read this announcement earlier, and was saddened that they did not mention Switch at all. I guess there is no choice but to hope and wait.

The "two major players" are PS4/PC for most third parties ... lead on PS4 (basically a PC), and it's easy to "port" a PC version. In comparison a Switch port is more effort for a platform which third parties aren't yet convinced has a big enough demographic to buy their games.

PC is not a major player in Japan, at least not yet by most publishers, outside of SE and Koei-Tecmo (and that's just a recent thing) no publisher reliably releases their PC ports in Japan.

casiopao

Lets see how well Tekken 7 will do. With most fighting game had declined heavily, how will it be able to sell in Japan when interest in traditional gaming had been declining every year.

andthebeatgoeson

When Capcom revealed the release date and sales expectation (2mil by 31st, Mar) everyone expected the simultaneous release of Switch version. I mean they could have just up-resed the 3DS version and it would still sell..
Don't remind me.

I would have totally bought it.

When Capcom revealed the release date and sales expectation (2mil by 31st, Mar) everyone expected the simultaneous release of Switch version. I mean they could have just up-resed the 3DS version and it would still sell..

Well, it would make much more sense to release first on 3DS, then announce a switch port for fall (when switch shortages will be over) to gather MH fans and then announce MH5.

But you never know with capcom. Despite all they have said, they seem to be pretty lukewarm about switch for now. USF2 looks fun, but it remains a low effort overpriced game. I mean, 2 months and a half before its release date it was still only 50% complete.

gconsole

Why should i be hurt to see an incompetent company fall down? Yeah. I believe RE7 is huge success there. Just like how SFV is going to sell 2 million. Any time soon.

Calling Capcom incompetent really show ur iq. The company might not make the best decision last gen but they r still being able to produce good games. Game wuality has nothing to do with the sale. There are so many good games out there that wont even make 100k.

LordKano

Well, it would make much more sense to release first on 3DS, then announce a switch port for fall (when switch shortages will be over) to gather MH fans and then announce MH5.

But you never know with capcom. Despite all they have said, they seem to be pretty lukewarm about switch for now. USF2 looks fun, but it remains a low effort overpriced game. I mean, 2 months and a half before its release date it was still only 50% complete.

I don't think they pushed Nintendo to add more RAM so they can port their RE Engine to just release USF2 in the end. Their games simply must not be ready yet.

I don't think they pushed Nintendo to add more RAM so they can port their RE Engine to just release USF2 in the end. Their games simply must not be ready yet.

exactly. Without this ram story I would have been really pessimistic concerning switch Capcom support. They are still among my favorite publisher, despite all the weird choices they can make.

LordKano

I think they pushed for the RE Engine because MH5 will use it. They're moving from MT Framework, but MHXX will still use it (since 3DS MH games are made with MT Framework mobile, and MHXX Switch will just be a uprezzed port). Would make sense.

RE Engine on monhun? this thread is beyond my universe now. Next is Panta Rhei Engine on DMC5?

I'm far from being familiar with this matter so perhaps I'm saying something stupid. But I think I recall reading somewhere that they weren't happy with MT framework performance on current gen. they then probably decided to go with RE engine onward (Panta rhei being dead and buried). So MH on RE engine, why not?

Source?

Also, they already said that Road to Boruto was the end of the series. We'll probably get a Boruto game in a year or two that won't be as popular as the UN series.

UNS4 was the last Ultimate Ninja Storm game.....not the last Naruto game. I'm hoping they go with DBX route. Boruto series won't be any near as popular as Naruto.

RE7 shipped 3 million in a bit over a month and is on track to meet the 4 million shipment by March. Thats on par with RE6, the best selling RE title at this point.

People always talk about SFV as if it was some massive project that was going to make or break Capcom. It never was. At least the game is a hit with the FGC.

I support Capcom now since I feel there is quality there.

BKK

PC is not a major player in Japan, at least not yet by most publishers, outside of SE and Koei-Tecmo (and that's just a recent thing) no publisher reliably releases their PC ports in Japan.

No, but overseas PC sales are a consideration for many Japanese devs. Japanese market has fallen so much that most devs can no longer ignore the international market. That was my arguament.

Orgen

Wishing for some company to fail and go down... man, how low can we go here? Disappointed.

When is happening E3 this year? Early June? Let's see what are the japanese third party companies showing there before we call the apocalypse or wish the death of something ;D

Datschge

The main thing God Eater has going for it is that it's an original Bandai Namco property that isn't generated 100% by external developers.
It's not exactly internally developed either though.
It's more like the main ufotable and Shiina gushing platform which has spread to some of their other IPs.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
UNS4 was the last Ultimate Ninja Storm game.....not the last Naruto game. I'm hoping they go with DBX route. Boruto series won't be any near as popular as Naruto.

RE7 shipped 3 million in a bit over a month and is on track to meet the 4 million shipment by March. Thats on par with RE6, the best selling RE title at this point.

People always talk about SFV as if it was some massive project that was going to make or break Capcom. It never was. At least the game is a hit with the FGC.

Capcom doesn't release many games and most aren't successful that's why SFV stands out. It used to be a reliable earner. It has substantially contracted.

MH has been propping up Capcom this entire gen it's Capcom's bread and butter. If they fuck that up bar a mobile success that's a near critical hit.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
MC 2017 Summary:

PS4 Port Begging -> Why? Doesn't make sense!!!!!!!!!
Switch Port Begging -> This better happen or the market deserves to crash!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sony port beggers = T_T
Nintendo port beggers = ^_^
TBF the 3DS sold 23 million the PS4 is set to cap at around 10 million. The 3DS has been propping the market for a long time. If it's successor doesn't do well the market will substantially contract. These are facts.

Ignoring tge usual platform loyalty seeb both the switch and the PS4 need to do well for the domestic market as is to continue in a meaningful state.

SE sees this which id why they've gone all in.

casiopao

Lets see then on their earning result. I had hard time believing that Capcom is capable of doing anything good whether it is on traditional hardware and especially their disastrous mobile front.

Everyone talk about SFV because Capcom don't even release many games nowadays.
And many of their other games flop:

- Dead Rising 4 did quite bad in sales.

- Biohazard: Umbrella Corps is commercial and critically flop.

- MHS does not reach expectation

- Ace Attorney number is declining as they milked it heavily

- Sengoku Basara after Yukimura Den is dead.

- SFV gamble on putting FGC first backfire badly.

and now MHXX is not able to reach their expectation number.

Even if we put RE7 as some sort of great accomplishment, they have ruined so much thing there.

And this is not even talking about their mobile effort like BoF6 which all of us know what it end up there.

Calling Capcom incompetent really show ur iq. The company might not make the best decision last gen but they r still being able to produce good games. Game wuality has nothing to do with the sale. There are so many good games out there that wont even make 100k.

This thread is about sales. We are not talking about their game quality. You can make for example one of the best game ever but if no one buy the game that means you are incompetent. For example: Stella Glow is easily one of the best game Imageepoch can make and it even dwarf Luminous Arc: Infinity however in the end, they still fail to save the company and end up no more now.

That is example of incompetence. Capcom is probably one of the company which quickly adapt HD faster compared to all its other third party companies in last gen and now we see they had lost many of those advantages. Many of their Big IP's had also fall into obscurity so i don't know other word other than incompetence there on Capcom.

I suppose it's possible Capcom could actually believe that.

Well this is the company which had Dead Rising 4 as one of their home project there lol.

L~A

Nintendo eShop Sales: Week 11, 2017 (Ma 13 - Mar 19)

Nintendo 3DS

(=) 01. Monster Hunter XX (Capcom) [18.3.2017]
(=) 02. The Battle Cats POP (Ponos) [31.5.2015]
(=) 03. Bye-Bye BoxBoy! (Nintendo) [02.2.2017]
(N) 04. Himouto! Umaru-chan Daratto Puzzle (FuRyu) [15.3.2017]
(B) 05. @ SIMPLE DL Series Vol. 40 (D3 Publisher) [06.4.2016] (was on sale that week)
(-1) 06. Cube Creator 3D (Arc System Works) [15.7.2015]
(B) 07. @ SIMPLE DL Series Vol. 39 (D3 Publisher) [29.7.2015] (was on sale that week)
(-1) 08. Pokémon Yellow Version: Special Pikachu Edition (Nintendo, Virtual Console) [27.2.2016]
(B) 09. RPG Maker Fes (Kadokawa) [24.11.2016]
(-4) 10. ChronuS Arc (Kemco) [19.8.2015] (was on sale that week)

Wii U

(=) 01. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Nintendo) [03.3.2017]
(=) 02. Minecraft: Wii U Edition (Microsoft) [17.12.2015]
(=) 03. Splatoon (Nintendo) [28.5.2015]
(+4) 04. Fire Emblem (Nintendo, Virtual Console) [14.5.2014]
(B) 05. Mario Kart 8 (Nintendo) [29.5.2014]
(-1) 06. Fire Emblem: The Binding Blade (Nintendo, Virtual Console) [02.9.2015]
(-3) 07. Plantera (Rainy Frog) [01.2.2017]
(-2) 08. Bomberman '94 (Konami, Virtual Console) [19.11.2014]
(+1) 09. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (Nintendo, Virtual Console) [22.12.2015]
(-1) 10. Super Mario Maker (Nintendo) [10.9.2015]

https://topics.nintendo.co.jp/c/article/5132991c-0ab8-11e7-9aaf-063b7ac45a6d.html

Inazuma Eleven Everyday+ announced for mobile. Here's some footage: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XsvsBVPbWaA

(They also showed a pic of Inazuma Eleven Everyday, on 3DS, during the livestream). So I assume Inazuma Eleven Ares will come later, and along with the anime they're launching Everyday (+) in July, I guess. Nvm, Inazuma Eleven Everyday is a free game they distributed for free.

Also they teased that Inazuma Eleven Ares on "higher quality game machine" (that's Gematsu's wording) during same stream (in reference to 3DS).

Edit: Inazuma Eleven Ares anime debuting in October instead of July.

zeromcd73

New Inazuma Eleven anime confirmed for October.

Guess that means the new game should release close to this?
lol delay incoming.

LordKano

Nintendo eShop Sales: Week 11, 2017 (Ma 13 - Mar 19)

Nintendo 3DS

(=) 01. Monster Hunter XX (Capcom) [18.3.2017]
(=) 02. The Battle Cats POP (Ponos) [31.5.2015]
(=) 03. Bye-Bye BoxBoy! (Nintendo) [02.2.2017]
(N) 04. Himouto! Umaru-chan Daratto Puzzle (FuRyu) [15.3.2017]
(B) 05. @ SIMPLE DL Series Vol. 40 (D3 Publisher) [06.4.2016] (was on sale that week)
(-1) 06. Cube Creator 3D (Arc System Works) [15.7.2015]
(B) 07. @ SIMPLE DL Series Vol. 39 (D3 Publisher) [29.7.2015] (was on sale that week)
(-1) 08. Pokémon Yellow Version: Special Pikachu Edition (Nintendo, Virtual Console) [27.2.2016]
(B) 09. RPG Maker Fes (Kadokawa) [24.11.2016]
(-4) 10. ChronuS Arc (Kemco) [19.8.2015] (was on sale that week)

Wii U

(=) 01. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Nintendo) [03.3.2017]
(=) 02. Minecraft: Wii U Edition (Microsoft) [17.12.2015]
(=) 03. Splatoon (Nintendo) [28.5.2015]
(+4) 04. Fire Emblem (Nintendo, Virtual Console) [14.5.2014]
(B) 05. Mario Kart 8 (Nintendo) [29.5.2014]
(-1) 06. Fire Emblem: The Binding Blade (Nintendo, Virtual Console) [02.9.2015]
(-3) 07. Plantera (Rainy Frog) [01.2.2017]
(-2) 08. Bomberman ’94 (Konami, Virtual Console) [19.11.2014]
(+1) 09. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (Nintendo, Virtual Console) [22.12.2015]
(-1) 10. Super Mario Maker (Nintendo) [10.9.2015]

https://topics.nintendo.co.jp/c/article/5132991c-0ab8-11e7-9aaf-063b7ac45a6d.html

Inazuma Eleven Everyday+ announced for mobile. Here's some footage: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XsvsBVPbWaA

(They also showed a pic of Inazuma Eleven Everyday, on 3DS, during the livestream). So I assume Inazuma Eleven Ares will come later, and along with the anime they're launching Everyday (+) in July, I guess.

Also they teased that Inazuma Eleven Ares on "higher quality game machine" (that's Gematsu's wording) during same stream (in reference to 3DS).

Edit: Inazuma Eleven Ares anime debuting in October instead of July.

Yeah, so it's definitely a Switch game. Cool !

Jawmuncher

Seems RE has fell off a good bit in terms of pace. It'll probably just barely make that 4 million. Understand why they've been pushing it on sale for 40-45 now.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
Seems RE has fell off a good bit in terms of pace. It'll probably just barely make that 4 million. Understand why they've been pushing it on sale for 40-45 now.

The competition has dramatically increased, if march wasn't what it what it was it'd probably have done a fair bit better but currently it's a bit drowned out.

I'm not sure how the "splitting the user base" argument applies to PS4/SW like it did to Vita/3DS considering how like you know one platform isn't portable in any way

gconsole

Lets see then on their earning result. I had hard time believing that Capcom is capable of doing anything good whether it is on traditional hardware and especially their disastrous mobile front.

Everyone talk about SFV because Capcom don't even release many games nowadays.
And many of their other games flop:

and now MHXX is not able to reach their expectation number.

Even if we put RE7 as some sort of great accomplishment, they have ruined so much thing there.

And this is not even talking about their mobile effort like BoF6 which all of us know what it end up there.

This thread is about sales. We are not talking about their game quality. You can make for example one of the best game ever but if no one buy the game that means you are incompetent. For example: Stella Glow is easily one of the best game Imageepoch can make and it even dwarf Luminous Arc: Infinity however in the end, they still fail to save the company and end up no more now.

That is example of incompetence. Capcom is probably one of the company which quickly adapt HD faster compared to all its other third party companies in last gen and now we see they had lost many of those advantages. Many of their Big IP's had also fall into obscurity so i don't know other word other than incompetence there on Capcom.

Well this is the company which had Dead Rising 4 as one of their home project there lol.

OK, I don't denied that Capcom's game don't do very in sale lately. But to the point of being incompetence? Really?

This series never sell that good in the first place. I agree that they shouldn't even keep pushing it. It's dead since DR2. Never like it. But I bet DR4 get funded by MS not Capcom themself, hence the exclusive. So I don't really care whether it's going to flop or not.

Well, it is a spin off, what do you really expect? 10 million?

Or maybe it is a bit too soon to say? And the game is expansion of expansion. It doesn't matter what Capcom expect to sell, the game is expansion, and it has better first week sale than FFXV. That says something. So that game ONLY sell for 1 million on its first week is a flop now? Damn, how many games in the history can even reach half of that in its life time.

Well, no objection. It's Ace Attorney, it's never been million seller. So not sure what do you expect.

Just like any other dead franchise in the industry I guess? Nobody play that kind of game anymore. What do you expect?

No comment. Fighting game in general is also decling. Lets wait for Tekken 7 sale to get a better perspective here. I'm not sure it will sell MUCH MORE than it currentlly is even if Capcom release the best fihting game of century now. You know the market has changed a lot right?

- and now MHXX is not able to reach their expectation number.

No need to repeat that again

- They ruin their old fan for sure. But that mostly from the new perspective ( first person ) rather than the game itself. At least they try to make a good game. Not a dump shit that doesn't sale.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Here's a further followup to the two posts I made in the precedent thread, where I outlined both the announcements recent consoles received from their official unveiling to their actual release and the actual releases for their first year on the market. This includes additional information and an additional comparison criteria

First of all, the former posts on the matter

1) Announcements made by Japanese publishers / developers since the console's unveiling up to the launch

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=232371157&postcount=640

2) Releases by Japanese publishers / developers from the launch to the console's first Holiday (in case of an Holiday release, the subsequent one)

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=232377953&postcount=670

3) How Japanese games released in console's first year sold in their first year* (Media Create/ MC + Famitsu for Switch due to more titles tracked up to now)

*launch titles bolded

Nintendo 3DS

[3DS] Monster Hunter 3G (Capcom) {2011.12.10} 521,959 / 985,498
[3DS] Professor Layton and the Mask of Miracle (Level 5) {2011.02.26} 119,591 / 361,503
[3DS] One Piece: Unlimited Cruise SP (Bandai Namco) {2011.05.26} 80,488 / 213,978
[3DS] Inazuma Eleven Go: Shine / Dark (Level 5) {2011.12.15} 135,259 / 269,224
[3DS] Samurai Warriors: Chronicles (Koei Tecmo) {2011.02.26} 49,327 / 146,517
[3DS] Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D (Capcom) {2011.06.02} 58,792 / 144,343
[3DS] Tales of the Abyss (Bandai Namco) {2011.06.30} 74,173 / 121,826
[3DS] SD Gundam G Generation 3D (Bandai Namco) {2011-12-22} 90,873 / 111,300
[3DS] Super Street Fighter IV: 3D Edition (Capcom) {2011.02.26} 44,649 / 103,880
[3DS] Winning Eleven 3DSoccer (Konami) {2011.02.26} 24,556 / 97,397

[3DS] Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime 3 (Square Enix) {2011.11.02} 38,859 / 92,686
[3DS] Ridge Racer 3D (Bandai Namco) {2011.02.26} 38,226 / 92,525
[3DS] Senran Kagura: Shoujotachi no Shinei (Marvelous Entertainment) {2011.09.22} 52,206 / 85,229
[3DS] Gundam: The 3D Battle (Bandai Namco) {2011.03.24} 23,500 / 62,390
[3DS] Dead or Alive: Dimensions (Koei Tecmo) {2011.05.19} 23,078 / 44,850
[3DS] Nicola Kanshuu: Model Oshare Audition 2 (Alchemist) {2011.11.03} 6,643 / 43,092
[3DS] Pro Baseball Family Stadium 2011 (Bandai Namco) {2011.03.31} 12,851 / 40,336
[3DS] Devil Survivor: Over Clock (Atlus Co.) {2011.09.01} 20,809 / 40,226
[3DS] Pro Baseball Spirits 2011 (Konami) {2011.04.14} 11,644 / 37,625
[3DS] Naruto Shippuden 3D: The New Era (Takara Tomy) {2011.03.31} 8,127 / 34,314
[3DS] Bust-A-Move Universe (Square Enix) {2011.02.26} 26,901
[3DS] Tetris Axis (Bandai Namco Games) {2011.10.20} 6,787 / 24,569
[3DS] Crayon Shin-Chan: Uchuu de Achoo!? Yuujou no Oba-Karate!! (Bandai Namco Games) {2011.12.01} 24,361
[3DS] Super Monkey Ball 3D (Sega) {2011.03.03} 22,789
[3DS] Deca Sports 3D (Hudson) {2011.04.28} 21,196
[3DS] Class of Heroes 3D (Acquire) {2011.07.07} 8,353 / 21,136
[3DS] FabStyle # (Koei Tecmo) {2011.11.24} 20,935
[3DS] Fish Eyes 3D (Marvelous Entertainment) {2011.06.23} 19,983
[3DS] Nazo Waku Yakata: Oto no Aida ni Aida ni (Capcom) {2011.08.04} 19,935
[3DS] A Penguin's Troubles: The Wars (Konami) {2011.12.15} 18,245
[3DS] Puyo Puyo! 20th Anniversary # (Sega) {2011.12.15} 18,189
[3DS] Cooking Mama 4 (Office Create) {2011.12.01} 17,125
[3DS] World Soccer Winning Eleven 2012 (Konami) {2011.12.08} 16,702
[3DS] Animal Resort: Let's Make a Zoo (Marvelous Entertainment) {2011.05.19} 16,123
[3DS] Shanghai 3D Cube (Sunsoft) {2011.03.03} 14,405
[3DS] UnchainBlades ReXX (FuRyu) {2011.07.14} 5,592 / 14,147
[3DS] Yuugen Gaisha Brave Company (Bandai Namco Games) {2011.10.27} 13,781
[3DS] Doctor Lautrec and the Forgotten Knights (Konami) {2011.07.07} 13,706
[3DS] Sonic Generations (Sega) {2011.12.01} 12,839
[3DS] Nekketsu Kouha Kunio-Kun Special (Arc System Works) {2011.12.15} 12,551
[3DS] BlazBlue: Continuum Shift II (Arc System Works) {2011.03.31} {2011.03.31} 6,000 / 12,345
[3DS] Jewel Pet: Mahou no Rhythm de Ieie! (FuRyu) {2011.04,11} 11,348
[3DS] Cute Puppy 3D (MTO) {2011.12.15} 10,567
[3DS] Pac-Man & Galaga Dimensions (Bandai Namco) {2011.06.23} 9,822
[3DS] PachiPara 3D: Premium Umi Monogataru - Yumemiru Otome to Pachinko Ou Ketteisen (Irem Software Engineering) {2011.11.24} 8,200
[3DS] Kuukan Sagashimono Kei: Nouryoku Kaihatsu 3D Nou Training (IE Institute) 7,616
[3DS] Mameshiba (Nippon) {2011.10.27} 7,577
[3DS] DualPenSports (Bandai Namco) 7,432
[3DS] Cubic Ninja (AQ Interactive) {2011.04.07} 6,802
[3DS] Ushimitsu Monstro: Linse to Mahou Rhythm (Santa Entertainment) {2011.07.21} 6,463
[3DS] Bikkuri! Tobidasu! Mahou no Pen (Global A Entertainment) {2011.08.11} 5,870
[3DS] Hakuouki 3D # (Idea Factory) {2011.11.24} 5,531
[3DS] Ochaken to Itsumo na Kayoshi (Nippon) {2011.12.01} 5,347
[3DS] Azito 3D (Hamster) {2011.03.03} 4,680
[3DS] Nikoli Sudoku 3D: 1000 Problems in 8 Puzzles (Hamster) {2011.03.03} 4,666
[3DS] Real 3D Bass Fishing Fish On (ASCII Media Works) {2011.06.09} 4,296

PlayStation Vita

[PSV] Persona 4 Golden (Atlus) {2012.06.14} 137,076 / 232,639
[PSV] Hatsune Miku: Project Diva f # (Sega) {2012.08.30} (¥7.329) 205,808
[PSV] Tales of Innocence R (Bandai Namco Games) {2012.01.26} (¥5.980) 54,853 / 85,616
[PSV] Dynasty Warriors Next (Koei Tecmo) {2011.12.17} 29,181 / 85,583
[PSV] Lord of Apocalypse (Square Enix) {2011.12.17} 28,742 / 78,767

[PSV] Ragnarok Odyssey (GungHo Online Entertainment) {2012.02.02} 33,496 / 74,573
[PSV] Mobile Suit Gundam Seed: Battle Destiny (Bandai Namco Games) {2012.06.07} 40,297 / 72,272
[PSV] Disgaea 3: Absence of Detention (Nippon Ichi Software) {2011.12.17} 65,441
[PSV] Ys: Foliage Ocean in Celceta # (Nihon Falcom) {2012.09.27} 42,146 / 59.146
[PSV] Metal Gear Solid HD Edition (Konami) {2012.06.28} (¥4.980) 20,139 / 57,451
[PSV] Ciel Nosurge: Ushinawareta Hoshi e Sasagu Uta # (Gust) {2012.04.26} 33,324 / 48,153
[PSV] Atelier Totori Plus: The Alchemist of Arland 2 # (Gust) {2012.11.29} 27,651 / 45.980
[PSV] Ridge Racer (Bandai Namco Games) {2011.12.17} 45,595
[PSV] Fate/Stay Night -Realta Nua- (Kadokawa Shoten) {2012.11.29} 30,583 / 42,975
[PSV] AKB1/149: Love Election # (Bandai Namco Games) {2012.12.20} 35,372 / 40,588
[PSV] The Legend of Heroes: Zero no Kiseki Evolution # (Nihon Falcom) {2012.10.18} 21,518 / 37,919
[PSV] Jikkyou Powerful Pro Baseball 2012 (Konami) {2012.07.19} 16,837 / 37.294
[PSV] Pro Baseball Spirits 2012 (Konami) {2012.03.29} 17,264 / 34,977
[PSV] Shinobido 2: Revenge of Zen (Spike) {2011.12.17} 34,366
[PSV] Touch My Katamari (Bandai Namco Games) {2011.12.17} 31,162
[PSV] Little Battlers eXperience W (Level 5) {2012.10.18} 16,842 / 28,821
[PSV] Earth Defense Force 3 Portable (D3 Publisher) {2012.09.27} 12,952 / 25,961
[PSV] Shin Kamaitachi no Yoru: 11 Hitome no Suspect (Chunsoft) {2011.12.17} 25,525
[PSV] Power Smash 4 (Sega) {2011.12.17} 23,116
[PSV] Earth Defense Force 3 Portable - Double-enlistment Pack (D3 Publisher) {2012.09.27} 14,827 / 22,046
[PSV] The King, the Demon King and the 7 Princesses: New King Story (Konami) {2012.03.29} 21,034
[PSV] Time Travelers (Level 5) {2012.07.12} 9,332 / 18,957
[PSV] Dream Club Zero Portable (D3 Publisher) {2011.12.17} 18,374
[PSV] Little Busters! Converted Edition (Prototype) {2012.03.22} 8,372 / 18,179
[PSV] Nobunaga's Ambition: Way of Heaven with Power-Up Kit (Koei Tecmo) {2012.09.27} 17,922
[PSV] Ninja Gaiden S Plus (Koei Tecmo) {2012.02.23} 16,286
[PSV] BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend (Arc System Works) {2011.12.17} 15,179
[PSV] Army Corps of Hell (Square Enix) {2011.12.17} 14,947
[PSV] Ultimate Marvel VS. Capcom 3 (Capcom) {2011.12.17} 12,020
[PSV] Mahjong Fight Club (Konami) {2011.12.17} 8,564

[PSV] Tokushu Houdoubu (Nippon Ichi Software) {2012.08.23} 7,425 / < 13,219
[PSV] Kyokugen Dasshutsu ADV: Zennin Shiboudesu (Chunsoft) {2012.02.16} 6,538 / < 13,219
[PSV] Samurai & Dragons (Sega) {2012.05.24} 6,072 / < 13,219
[PSV] Street Fighter X Tekken # (Capcom) {2012.03.08} 5,420 / < 13,219

Wii U

[WIU] Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate # (Capcom) {2012.12.08} (¥4.800) 106,388 / 207,627
[WIU] Taiko no Tatsujin: Wii U Version! # (Bandai Namco Games) {2013.11.21} 19,265 / 93,494
[WIU] Dragon Quest X: Rise of the Five Tribes Online # (Square Enix) {2013.03.30} 33,302 / 82,882
[WIU] Dragon Quest X: Nemureru Yuusha to Michibiki no Meiyuu Online (Square Enix) {2013.12.05} 70,648 / 81,109
[WIU] Tank! Tank! Tank! (Bandai Namco Games) {2013.02.21} 4,714 / 35,155
[WIU] Simple Series for Wii U Vol.1: The Family Party (D3 Publisher) {2012.12.20} 31,658
[WIU] Resident Evil: Revelations (Capcom) {2013.05.23} 8,398 / 18,359
[WIU] Fist of the North Star: Ken's Rage 2 (Koei Tecmo) {2013.01.31} 15,567
[WIU] Warriors Orochi 3: Hyper (Koei Tecmo) {2012.12.08} 15,522
[WIU] Tekken Tag Tournament 2: Wii U Edition (Bandai Namco Games) {2012.12.08} 24,340

[WIU] Sonic Lost World (Sega) {2013.10.24} 7,869
[WIU] Monster Hunter Frontier G: Beginner's Package (Capcom) {2013.12.11} 5,811
[WIU] Romance of the Three Kingdoms 12 (Koei Tecmo) {2012.12.13} 8,816
[WIU] Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge (Koei Tecmo) {2012.12.08} 11,992

PlayStation 4

[PS4] Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes (Konami) {2014.03.20} 91,903 / 142,928
[PS4] Yakuza: Ishin! (Sega) {2014.02.22} 82,540 / 137,213
[PS4] Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn (Square Enix) {2014.04.14} 31,326 / 67,822
[PS4] World Soccer Winning Eleven 2015 (Konami) {2014.11.13} 26,684 / 48,498
[PS4] Dynasty Warriors 8 with Xtreme Legends <Dynasty Warriors 8 \ Dynasty Warriors 8: Xtreme Legends> (Koei Tecmo) {2014.02.22} 14,356 / 43,634
[PS4] Samurai Warriors 4 (Koei Tecmo) {2014.09.04} 11,757 / 31,988
[PS4] Nobunaga's Ambition: Sphere of Influence (Koei Tecmo) {2014.02.22} 4,405 / 21,038
[PS4] Warriors Orochi 3: Ultimate (Koei Tecmo) {2014.06.26} 6,768 / 19,766
[PS4] Guilty Gear Xrd: Sign (Arc System Works) {2014.12.04} 12,638 / 18,649
[PS4] Dynasty Warriors 8: Empires (Koei Tecmo) {2014.11.20} 11,725 / 17,082
[PS4] Onechanbara Z2: Chaos (D3 Publisher) {2014.10.30} 10,474 / 16,610
[PS4] Omega Quintet (Compile Heart) {2014.10.02} 9,365 / 15,306
[PS4] Nobunaga's Ambition: Sphere of Influence with Power-Up Kit # <SLG> (Koei Tecmo) {2014.12.11} 5,680 / 9,222
[PS4] Akiba's Trip: Undead & Undressed (Acquire) {2014.07.03} 3,602 / 7,893
[PS4] Natural Doctrine (Kadokawa Games) {2014.04.03} 3,402 / 7,230
[PS4] Natural Doctrine Omochidashi Pack {PlayStation 3 \ PlayStation Vita} (Kadokawa Games) {2014.04.03} 3,862 / 5,136
[PS4] Puyo Puyo Tetris (Sega) {2014.12.04} 1,044 / 2,349

Nintendo Switch

Media Create

[NSW] Super Bomberman R (Konami) {2017.03.03} 36,623 / 50,756
[NSW] Dragon Quest Heroes I & II for Nintendo Switch <Dragon Quest Heroes: The World Tree's Woe and the Blight Below \ Dragon Quest Heroes II> (Square Enix) {2017.03.03} 25,606 / 32,812*
[NSW] Puyo Puyo Tetris(Sega) {2017.03.03} 12,854 / 17,323*

* Up to Week 10, 2017

Famitsu

[NSW] Super Bomberman R (Konami) {2017.03.03} 39,609 / 55,663
[NSW] Dragon Quest Heroes I & II for Nintendo Switch <Dragon Quest Heroes: The World Tree's Woe and the Blight Below \ Dragon Quest Heroes II> (Square Enix) {2017.03.03} 25,929 / 35,098
[NSW] Puyo Puyo Tetris(Sega) {2017.03.03} 12,866 / 20,860
[NSW] Disgaea 5 Complete (Nippon Ichi Software) {2017.03.03} 5,065*
[NSW] I am Setsuna (Square Enix) {2017.03.03} 4,625*

*Up to Week 9, 2017

Warning: Looking up for more numbers, I've encountered more titles released in the tracked periods compared to what was listed in the comparison between. I'll rectify that comparison, and I'll repost it with the correct and accurate (I hope) releases, including Nintendo Switch and total number of releases per console, as a sort of summary.

lyrick

Box_Art-MHST_N3DS_JPN.jpg
Monster Hunter Stories

Monster Hunter XX

Oregano

Releasing underperformers or killing their franchises wouldn't a problem for Capcom if they had something/anything making up for it. That's also the issue with Resident Evil declining even if it's very profitable.

Would be perfect companion for Pokémon Wii U / PSV leaked by that Game Freak job offer last week ;)

They considered Switch but the logo didn't look right on the poster.

LordKano

I am assuming I missed something last week when I was away for APS March Meeting?

Game Freak separated from Nintendo and they're now making multiplatform games. The first one is codenamed "popular global RPG" and is planned for Vita and Wii U.

Vena

Game Freak separated from Nintendo and they're now making multiplatform games. The first one is codenamed "popular global RPG" and is planned for Vita and Wii U.

Ahh. A bold choice!

I like it when companies live on the precipice between failure and utter failure.

casiopao

Lol. I love how you dismissed everything just like that lol.

Dead Rising is not good selling and yet Capcom still push the title. If that not the sign on wasted opportunities then what?

Umbrella Corps doing badly is okay as long as it is Spin-off? How about making a proper spin-off which won't bomb critically and commercially then? Incompetence? They would be better to not even released the title then.

And MHS is not an expansion. I don't know what you are talking there. MHS is a multi media venture by Capcom to try capture Pokemon and Yo-kai Watch demographic with manga, anime, mobile game, amiibo and traditional game to push the title. And it does not do well full stop.

I am not even going to comment on your comment on Yukimura-Den as there is no logic in statement lol.

And of course. Fighting game is also declining however we also see how Smash Bros and Mortal Combat did super well. So i guess those two will not count for certain reason?

I wonder what reason you will put out again for Capcom there lol.

kewlmyc

DBZ - 3-4 million
Naruto - 2-3 million
Tekken - 3-4 million (according to Tekken 6)
Tales - 1 million+

Tales has done at least 3 million at this point. Tales of Destiny did a million by itself and Xillia did a million worldwide. Symphonia did a million worldwide across both systems as well.

Oregano

Tales has done at least 3 million at this point. Tales of Destiny did a million by itself and Xillia did a million worldwide. Symphonia did a million worldwide across both systems as well.

That's sales per release but it's overestimating Tales quite a bit. Only a handful of games have hit a million.

Berseria likely won't and I doubt the next one will either.

Top Bottom