• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 16, 2016 (Apr 18 - Apr 24)

Ryng_tolu

Banned
ChDYeTpW0AAagVu.jpg:large

mao2

32,000 copies sold is slightly more than what I was expecting (I thought 30,000, honestly). Yeah, this is probably going to be better in the West, US especially.

EDIT: Wait, it's 25,000. Nevermind, misread it. So, a bit less. Bleh :(
? What game are you talking about?

duckroll

I blame platinum's curse.

What curse?

01./00. [PS3] Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance # <ACT> (Konami) {2013.02.21} (¥6.980) - 308.681 / NEW

01./00. [PS3] Bayonetta (SEGA) - 135,242 / NEW
07./00. [360] Bayonetta (SEGA) - 64,325 / NEW

Just need to release the right games to the right audiences. Or have the right brand. No curse.

mao2

Only positive things about this weeks sales is Bullet Girls 2 and PS4 holding 20k.
Bullet Girls 2 sold less than the previous entry.

Media Create
[PSV] Bullet Girls <ACT> (D3 Publisher) {2014.08.21} (¥6.799) - 29.690
[PSV] Bullet Girls 2 <ACT> (D3Publisher) {2016.04.21} (¥6.800) - 17.224

Famitsu
[PSV] Bullet Girls <ACT> (D3 Publisher) {2014.08.21} (¥6.799) - 31.487
[PSV] Bullet Girls 2 <ACT> (D3Publisher) {2016.04.21} (¥6.800) - 21.706

Kudo

Bullet Girls 2 sold less than the previous entry.

Media Create
[PSV] Bullet Girls <ACT> (D3 Publisher) {2014.08.21} (¥6.799) - 29.690
[PSV] Bullet Girls 2 <ACT> (D3Publisher) {2016.04.21} (¥6.800) - 17.224

Famitsu
[PSV] Bullet Girls <ACT> (D3 Publisher) {2014.08.21} (¥6.799) - 31.487
[PSV] Bullet Girls 2 <ACT> (D3Publisher) {2016.04.21} (¥6.800) - 21.706

Could have been worse though, and it's been 2 years since so I assume there's little more digital downloads.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Oh wow, Star Ocean totally dropped off :(

And a PSP game charted... holy shit. Can't believe there are still PSP games getting released this late in the game, that's what, nearly 12 years after the system's release?

Griss

Those Star Fox numbers...

If this is the end of Star Fox (and let's wait for the US figures) Nintendo has only themselves to blame for hitching it to the Wii U's gimmick pad long after that concept had failed with the market, and then deciding that that one idea was so good that they could essentially remake SF64 in terms of level designs and story.

Incredibly frustrating.

MacTag

Banned
Burning Bomb and Zero Sales. PSO2 PS4 and Terraria 3DS did pretty awful too.

Hardware seems steady at least. Japan really needs a new handheld launch.

BKK

Oh wow, Star Ocean totally dropped off :(

And a PSP game charted... holy shit. Can't believe there are still PSP games getting released this late in the game, that's what, nearly 12 years after the system's release?

Closer to eleven, still great longevity anyway. The funny thing is that Chart-Track still do a weekly PSP chart for the UK, and some weeks there's enough games selling to make a full top 10 (although last week only six games charted). I guess it must be automated, with a really low (or no) cutoff.

zeromcd73

Remember when One Piece was big enough to have a game on a single platform sell over 800k? ¯\_(&#12484;)_/¯,

Boring numbers. Hardware dead, StarFox dead, One Piece dead
Japanese dedicated video game market dead

BKK

To be fair, it's a fighting game ... although there was a time when those used to sell over 800k too.

Sterok

I guess we're in for yet another year of falling hardware sales. Star Fox shows that it's just a dry husk of its former self.

Memory

Why did Burning Blood sell so bad? My brothers really looking forward to it. I expected more than just 70k sales on a month with no real competition.

Is it One Piece fatigue or fighting game fatigue?

GRIMREEFZ

unrelated sortof but This "Media create sales" always reminds me of "donut create push" from giantbomb - was really looking forward to a good starfox.

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???
Star Fox, killed by the hands of his own father, Miyamoto. Just cruel.

DKHF

Why did Burning Blood sell so bad? My brothers really looking forward to it. I expected more than just 70k sales on a month with no real competition.

Is it One Piece fatigue or fighting game fatigue?
It could be a mixture of both but One Piece is still so popular in Japan (even despite it's significantly decreasing yearly manga sales they're still extremely high) so I think it is more due to the lack of interest in fighting games in Japan.

hiska-kun

With Nintendo just expecting 800k Wii U worldwide this fiscal year, we can assume then, that the Wii U supply issues in Japan won't be ever solved, right?

arevin01

Nobody wanted a star fox game, and they knew this as well as I doubt they spent much resources developing the game.

BKK

With Nintendo just expecting 800k Wii U worldwide this fiscal year, we can assume then, that the Wii U supply issues in Japan won't be ever solved, right?

As I posted in the other thread, I wonder if they've ceased production already, and the shortages in Japan are caused by having to convert overseas units for the Japanese market. Sega did that with Dreamcast in the end.

To put things in perspective, Nintendo were manufacturing 800k Wiis every two weeks for nearly three years.

Vena

Boring week of bombs.

More interesting is the news of AC and FE coming to mobile this year, though I must wonder what form these games will take. Both are games that work relatively well without buttons which is a key differentiator from most major Nintendo IP staples. But will they take the form of full experiences, or are we going to see sampler-style products like AC:HHD.

crinale

Bbbut according to GAF shortage should end before March..
j/k

But seriously the blog guy must have known this a few month ago.

Richie

Star Fox opened lower than The Wonderful 101.

Yes, even considering it has two positions on the list. That the userbase is much bigger now. That it had much meatier marketing.

I'm stunned.

Top Bottom