• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 24, 2015 (Jun 08 - Jun 14)

hiska-kun

This week's releases {2015.06.18}
5417C624-D2E4-40F7-9F92-A1E6ACBE085D_zpswy7i2wup.jpg

[3DS] Return to PoPoLoCrois: A Story of Seasons Fairytale <RPG> (Marvelous) (¥6.458)

[PS4] Devil May Cry 4: Special Edition <ACT> (Capcom) (¥4.849)

Pre-orders for Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer start! {2015.07.30}

hiska-kun

So, how many million sellers will be this year?

- Youkai Busters
- Animal Crossing: HHD (the 3DS game)
- Mario Maker
- Monster Hunter X
- Youkai Watch 3 USA

Depending on legs:
- Rhythm Heaven The Best+
- Splatoon?? (Christmas Bundle lol)
- Minecraft Vita
??

Splatoon finally not sold out?

Finally available :)

- Youkai Busters
- Animal Crossing: HHD
- Mario Maker
- Monster Hunter X
- Youkai Watch 3 USA

Depending on legs:
- Minecraft Vita
??

I'd say a Pokémon game.

beril

- Youkai Busters
- Animal Crossing: HHD
- Mario Maker
- Monster Hunter X
- Youkai Watch 3 USA

Depending on legs:
- Minecraft Vita
??

a million for Mario Maker seems very optimistic. It'll probably do quite well but not nearly THAT well. And if it does, it'll be because of legs and won't reach anywhere near a million this year

Alrus

I didn't realize they announced another entry for 3DS (didn't watch the e3 stream).

Well HHD was announced during a previous Direct, and at first it was presented as a budget title that was compatible with amiibo cards but I guess it evolved into a full priced release when Nintendo realised that people would buy it anyway.

Perhaps there might not be any 3DS Pokémon RPG this year, but I'd not be so sure. Is there any official confirmation of a Game Freak Pokémon game not happening? Last year, Pokémon ORAS was announced in May.

Geg

I think if we were getting Pokemon Z this year they would have announced it by now. ORAS was announced in May last year

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
It's too late to see a major new main/semi-main Pokemon title announced for a Holiday 2015 release.

Currently,there are three scenarios

1) Announced in the upcoming months, released on February (Pokemon 20th Anniversary)
2) Announced later (maybe even February?) for a later 2016 release
3) Announced at the start of 2016 (maybe even February), for a release in 2016, at the same time as next handheld (NX portable form factor) comes out. 3DS/NX title.

Also, I doubt we'll get it right in February due to main Pokemon now being simultaneous (sort of) worldwide releases and Super Mystery Dungeon coming early 2016 in Europe.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Perhaps there might not be any 3DS Pokémon RPG this year, but I'd not be so sure. Is there any official confirmation of a Game Freak Pokémon game not happening? Last year, Pokémon ORAS was announced in May.

It feels a bit late to announce one this year, but I'd be surprised if they don't have at least one more 3DS game, especially given how late in the cycle Black & White came out.

Busaiku

And it's June now, with Super Mystery Dungeon launching in the Fall/Holiday.
Alpha Sapphire was also teased like a month in advance.
No confirmations or anything, but extremely unlikely.

Most of us are expecting Winter (for the 20th) or Spring (better period).

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
And it's June now, with Super Mystery Dungeon launching in the Fall/Holiday.
Alpha Sapphire was also teased like a month in advance.
No confirmations or anything, but extremely unlikely.

Most of us are expecting Winter (for the 20th) or Spring (better period).

I could see a worldwide simultaneous March release pretty easily. Still a very good sales period.

Busaiku

I think if it's a 20th anniversary celebration, they'd probably wait till it's closer to the movie.
That's July, so a May/June release leading into the movie might be a good move.

We'd definitely have heard about a game for this year by this point, and they're not utilising any of their normal avenues for promoting a new game (movie distributions, etc.) Mystery Dungeon's arrival at year's end is another big hint; Nintendo aren't going to release two in depth Pokemon RPGs, albeit of different types, in the same time period.

Until recently I suspected that we were getting a game for the 20th anniversary in February, but the lack of news this far and NoE holding Mystery Dungeon back until that time period makes me think we're likely to be getting XY2 in Autumn next year, as a send off for the 3DS generation and to ensure that it doesn't linger on into the NX's lifespan like the DS games did for the 3DS.

Busaiku

I do not see the next game launching around when NX does.
It also helps keep brand fatigue down if the releases are further apart. I definitely expect 7th gen on NX by Fall 2017.

Perhaps you're right. I'd like to point out that Black 2 / White 2 was announced on February 26, 2012 and was released on June 23, 2012 (4 months later). It feels weird Pokémon had so little presence this year unless they have big projects coming out for the Anniversary.

Busaiku

Perhaps you're right. I'd like to point out that Black 2 / White 2 was announced on February 26, 2012 and was released on June 23, 2012 (4 months later). It feels weird Pokémon had so little presence this year unless they have big projects coming out for the Anniversary.
There'll be 4 Pokemon games by the end of this year.
2012 had the most releases yet.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Absolutely no mention of Disney Magical Castle 2 being announced? I assume it has potential to do decently in Japan, although to be fair we have no details.

I've seen no mention here about that new game: didn't the first one sell pretty well?

Ōkami

Anyone can say how Super Mario Maker is being recieved in 2ch?

As for million sellers, maybe Minecraft will hit that mark this year, all versions of course.

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???
I think Animal Crossing will fall flat.

I expect 500k LTD.

Not the type of game to reach a million; though the game is heavily monetized with cards so it's going to be viewed as a success.

Nintendo for once has no definite million seller + this FY.

Top Bottom