• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 27, 2016 (Jul 04 - Jul 10)

Garou

Trivia-question for myself: When was the last time Nintendo held the Top5 AND with the home-console taking the majority of the 5?

L~A

Have to admit, feels weird to see so many Wii U games in the Top 5 :p

Talking of Wii U sales, Minecraft seems to be doing well. Is anyone planning a comparison chart for all versions? Or maybe just Wii U / PSV.

Curious to see how the game performs on family-friendly but dead platform vs not really family-friendly but portable and not quite as dead platform.

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???
Nintendo now has achieved a market cap of $37B

The company has added almost $20B in market cap in less than a week following the release of Pokemon GO..........

It don't make no sense.

hiska-kun

Talking of Wii U sales, Minecraft seems to be doing well. Is anyone planning a comparison chart for all versions? Or maybe just Wii U / PSV.

Curious to see how the game performs on family-friendly but dead platform vs not really family-friendly but portable and not quite as dead platform.

I was planning to make this comparison. Probably later today since I'm not at home now.

Of course YW3 VS YW2 & Busters will be on the way too.

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
First day sellthrough {2016.07.14}

[PSV] The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky the 3rd Evolution # <RPG> (Kadokawa Games) (¥5.800) - 50-60%
[PSV] Uppers <FTG> (Marvelous) (¥4.980) - 30%

Principate

Saint Titanfall
Nintendo now has achieved a market cap of $37B

The company has added almost $20B in market cap in less than a week following the release of Pokemon GO..........

It don't make no sense.

Yeah it does, almost every single country Pokemon go has released in it has reached top gross app. There's plenty of countries still to release in and it's the most talked about mobile app by a country mile. Nintendo has a large staple of well known family friendly and popular franchises. There revenue potential has always been massive on mobile. Pokemon go is simply a confirmation of what everyone thought and now investors are piling in an a potential super major in the mobile sphere.

In this specific case Pokemon has always been a star wars level franchise, these are gigantic franchises. Proper leveraging means great things. The only question is if they will be properly leveraged, not whether they can be.

Shahed

These are not mutually exclusive.

Exactly. When the game is far enough along to the point where it's too late to cancel, you can still release a game when you don't expect it to do well. So it can meet your revised low expectations but still overall do bad

casiopao

[PSV] The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky the 3rd Evolution # <RPG> (Kadokawa Games) (¥5.800) - 50-60%

And seeing how they delayed it before....... bye Uppers.T_T

Shinriji

Exactly. When the game is far enough along to the point where it's too late to cancel, you can still release a game when you don't expect it to do well. So it can meet your revised low expectations but still overall do bad

They offered a shit ton of songs and customization for a low price, trying to bring back the PSP sales for Miku games. And even so, sales was below the last released game. Now they can´t go back and offer a full price game with less songs and less production values.

Takao

Banned
Didn't they say it was beating expectations though!? Would they really just go out and lie about it?

As others have said, you can have lowered expectations.

I've said this before, but I don't understand this company's thought process. Future Tone PS4 kind of shits the bed for the franchise going forward. How do you justify a new 30 track game for 6000 yen when Future Tone is sitting there with 222 tracks for 8400 yen? Yeah, it's older material, but that is such a large amount of content that it makes everything else look less attractive. Worse off is their positioning of that port. They started speaking about it before Miku X Vita was out and it's out before Miku X PS4. Why does the latter even exist at this point?

Shizuka

As others have said, you can have lowered expectations.

I've said this before, but I don't understand this company's thought process. Future Tone PS4 kind of shits the bed for the franchise going forward. How do you justify a new 30 track game for 6000 yen when Future Tone is sitting there with 222 tracks for 8400 yen? Yeah, it's older material, but that is such a large amount of content that it makes everything else look less attractive. Worse off is their positioning of that port. They started speaking about it before Miku X Vita was out and it's out before Miku X PS4. Why does the latter even exist at this point?

The West.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Wait, where are Future Tone numbers? I must've missed them.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
I don't think the current situation is really sustainable for Crypton or Sega.

On the Sega side, the games are barely selling anymore and it's hard to imagine they're profitable. The attempt to adjust the budget resulted in a rather catastrophic result.

On the Crypton side, their growingly popular superstar's most profitable merchandizing item is collapsing, which isn't good for their profits or new fan acquisition either.

Sega said they intend to release some 2017 products, but if those fail, I wouldn't be surprised to see the license go over to someone like Namco or Square instead.

As for the producer, Japan usually doesn't fire people, so he presumably either got window seated, or he saw the writing on the wall for the series (and let's be real, Sega Japan's dedicated device arm in general) and decided to hit the road.

hiska-kun

Minecraft Comparison

minecraft_zpstcefjxny.jpg

The Witcher VS Overwatch (legs)

overwatch_zps2mvzrgbq.jpg

Taiko Battle

taiko_zpsxpmed59v.jpg

just make a bundle and it will sell more than the dead handheld version, so easy...
and this would prove that nintendo is more smart than sony

but there is something dumber than sony when we are talking about plans for vita?

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???
Yeah it does, almost every single country Pokemon go has released in it has reached top gross app. There's plenty of countries still to release in and it's the most talked about mobile app by a country mile. Nintendo has a large staple of well known family friendly and popular franchises. There revenue potential has always been massive on mobile. Pokemon go is simply a confirmation of what everyone thought and now investors are piling in an a potential super major in the mobile sphere.

In this specific case Pokemon has always been a star wars level franchise, these are gigantic franchises. Proper leveraging means great things. The only question is if they will be properly leveraged, not whether they can be.

Financials are different for Pokemon GO.

Pokemon software titles revenue pass directly through Nintendo's financials - mobile revenue, nope. Yes Nintendo has an ownership stake in Pokemon, but the increase in market cap of $20B in a week does not make any sense. Oh well.

Vena

Pokemon software titles revenue pass directly through Nintendo's financials - mobile revenue, nope. Yes Nintendo has an ownership stake in Pokemon, but the increase in market cap of $20B in a week does not make any sense. Oh well.

Works great for my portfolio on a temporary hold before flipping!

Didn't they say it was beating expectations though!? Would they really just go out and lie about it?

Its like EA's "expectations" for Mirror's Edge: Catalyst. Expectations don't tell us if a title is performing well or not, it just tells us the company behind it probably didn't have their heads up in the clouds in terms of thinking it could do more than a sensible person would predict (and sometimes, that sensible person is a pessimist and is correct).

The fact that the producer unceremoniously "retired" is more indicative of the house burning down than whether or not the fire department's expectations for amount of water they needed was "met" since that wouldn't tell us if they were responding to a small kitchen fire or because someone tossed a turkey into a vat of boiling oil.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Did the Type 0/Agito mobile game ever recover ? I knew it had quite the lackluster launch and got announced for Windows (Mobile) 10 etc. later - havent heard much from it since then...did they kill it ?

Takao

Banned
Did the Type 0/Agito mobile game ever recover ? I knew it had quite the lackluster launch and got announced for Windows (Mobile) 10 etc. later - havent heard much from it since then...did they kill it ?

Agito got shutdown and is being replaced by Type-0 Online.

Sandfox

Clearly this is a sign that they need to bring Rune Factory back or create something comparable.

Even then it makes the investors want to get in early before Nintendo releases their other mobile games in the next few months. It's still a crazy amount though lol.

Ryng_tolu

Banned
Looks like Yokai Watch 3 end the "COMG!" road with 435 points.

40% less than Busters, 1/3 of Yokai Watch 3.

we still need to see the launch points.

CncCEokXgBg9_nc.jpg:large

casiopao

Level-5 and Youkai must be feeling really happy and relieved here lol with Poke Go still haven't released in Japan.

I had a very big feeling here that Poke Go is going to kill many gamer spending for at least a few weeks there.O_O

horuhe

It seems Sun and Moon really compite with Yo-kai. Reservation stands are quite crowded as far I could be notified. Stores are even exposing the pre-order stands outside. Let's wait if tomorrow there's some official info related to this.

Sterok

And to think I believed that Yokai would kick Pokemon's butt for the third year in a row. TPC can be ruthless when threatened.

Sterok

YW isn't touching an original Pokemon game.

Well at the beginning of the year I thought we were getting Z. Clearly they had other plans. Good plans from the look of things.

Minecraft going to truck along with Splatoon to be the new immortal Wii U duo until NX comes out. I imagine the Vita version will usually be higher, but the Wii U version will do just fine for itself.

Top Bottom